Mar 01 2013
By: johnnyjh I Only Post Everything 1052 posts

Why is everyone upset about the updates

[ Edited ]
5 replies 339 views Edited Mar 1, 2013

i basically play Co-operative modes and i have had this game since 11/1/11 . But i do agree comp. is Lost forever so can some people give me more info on what they changed and how does it help noobs? most of the poeple i play with have that star for crushing and yeah . how can you spot a noob? i need to know . im second Legacy level 14 . Can i basically say i am Level 164 

Message 1 of 6 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

Re: Why is everyone upset about the updates

Mar 1, 2013

johnnyjh wrote:

i basically play Co-operative modes and i have had this game since 11/1/11 . But i do agree comp. is Lost forever so can some people give me more info on what they changed and how does it help noobs? most of the poeple i play with have that star for crushing and yeah . how can you spot a noob? i need to know . im second Legacy level 14 . Can i basically say i am Level 164 

https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Why-Uncharted-F2P-was-a-bad-id...

^That's why I thought it was bad. The whole mishandeling of it and what they actually did.

Message 2 of 6 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Mar 1, 2013

johnnyjh wrote:

I'm upset mostly because the "huge" news wasn't so huge in my opinion. Colors are cool, but they got old in 3.5 minutes. And really, they should have been there to begin with. This patch took two months. Although there is more to come, it has a very poor start. 

I don't see how the patch would help noobs, they have only increased in number. I guess that because there are more noobs like them that they might have a more level playing field. 

On noob-spotting... OUTSIDE OF GAME: rank obviously, or stats IN GAME: Don't straif while aiming, don't wack-n-roll, don't BF enough (or use it poorly), try to aim (and generally get KAL'd by a fifth legacy tryhard), don't bank-n-boom, don't use OP guns, don't pick up PW's, basically don't play like stat wh*res, etc. etc. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 3 of 6 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Mar 1, 2013

I'm not upset.  I actually like the update.  Of course I might be the only one. LOL  But then again I haven't played Uncharted besides a couple of games of dodgeball for MONTHS so this patch kind of brought me back.  Maybe that's why I like this patch...

I think a lot of people were looking for game play or balance changes which we got none.  ND hyped up the patch as being the biggest ever which is sort of is since it'll bring in a influx of noobs.

Message 4 of 6 (284 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Revenge? whats that. and i hope people dont think i am a noob. im a Legacy 2 player. i'm level 20 right now i went up 20 levels today. I go for whatever i can kill with lol . I Have no idea what ''tryhards'' are people use that word all the time and i have no clue as to what it means . My Kickback was Grenade Cluster. For Competetive and Co-operative.  Im TOO aggresive online which is why i die alot. i have played the multiplayer for a year now . and on Uncharted 2 i played it for 450 hours . 

Message 5 of 6 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2224 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2013

johnnyjh wrote:

Revenge? whats that. and i hope people dont think i am a noob. im a Legacy 2 player. i'm level 20 right now i went up 20 levels today. I go for whatever i can kill with lol . I Have no idea what ''tryhards'' are people use that word all the time and i have no clue as to what it means . My Kickback was Grenade Cluster. For Competetive and Co-operative.  Im TOO aggresive online which is why i die alot. i have played the multiplayer for a year now . and on Uncharted 2 i played it for 450 hours . 

Revenge is a booster that was in Uncharted 2 that bounced in the air, allowing opposing players to get away from it which rarely got kills. In Uncharted 3, Revenge was buffed in terms of damage, why? Naughty Dog favors noobish gameplay, Revenge now kills you more than it should, combined with lag and/or a stealth kill animation makes it almost impossible to dodge. They fixed it so that it doesn't injure teamates however this is more of a 'buff' in my opinion because it tells people that now you don't have to worry about getting kicked for using the cheapest booster in the game.

Tryhards are what the name says, people who try hard. Usually they will try to defend their Kill/Death ratio or win the map using any noobish tactics. Yesterday in Team Objective I had one level 75, last legacy player go outside the match for Marked Man. Generally tryhards will use boosters/kickbacks/mods that are noobish or won't allow them to lose easily. Think ROF M9, KAL-7, Revenge, Fleet Foot (although this can vary depending on the player), ect. Basically someone who tries to hard at this game (think max level, rank 75, always in a party of five.) Those are the people we are refering to when we call them tryhards, boosting yourself on the leaderboards could be considered tryhardish.

Clusterbomb can be a useful kickback, just Team Safe it or use it diligently because it tends to kill more teamates (also registering the kill by the enemy) than it does the enemy.

Playing aggresively is always good, I rarely try to play aggresive, speed and stealth are more of my style of gameplay. I'll try to kill someone from behind or flank them rather than a 1v1. I've played the multiplayer since January of its released and got Uncharted 2 around 2010 - 2011.

Message 6 of 6 (249 Views)