Reply
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

May 18, 2013
I don't need call out. My teammates aren't blind, are they?

Aure's right though. That boosters nets kills easy. Who wouldn't want to use it? All these other boosters only work assuming you don't get shot.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 51 of 89 (266 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14140 posts
 

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

May 18, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I don't need call out. My teammates aren't blind, are they?

Aure's right though. That boosters nets kills easy. Who wouldn't want to use it? All these other boosters only work assuming you don't get shot.

Yeah.

 

I see people touting Monkey Man as a good booster. Hm.. You need the total right loadout for it to be good.

 

I use Fleet Foot or Weapon Expert.. Monkey Man is just an extra way for people to kill me faster while climbing in that case since they can hear me a mile off. It has that massive draw back.

 

Monkey Man is great if your using Cloaked. But you need Cloaked for it really to use it as a stealth tool.

 

Team Safe? Isn't Team Safe simply for people who throw grenades at thier teammates? I mean I kill about one teammate per 10 games if I'm lucky. That isn't enough to waste a slot over.

 

Personally? I'd rather go with Ammo Award. It does actually give me something for my efforts. Not enough for my efforts but I really don't want to use revenge in TDM. that would mean I intend to die and I actually don't intend to die at all in TDM. In objective or plunder I fully intend to die and risk dying a lot to do the objective. Revenge there is well suited, and I guess I do kill more teammates there, maybe about 3 in 10 matches but that still isn't enough for team safe. Plus I play with people who don't care and understand that we are doing what it takes to win, if that means we accidentally kill each other it's cool, they have clustered, mega bombed and rpg'd me plenty of times, I'm not complaining, Wrong place, wrong time. We still won most of those so it doesn't make any difference.



Message 52 of 89 (260 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

May 18, 2013
I literally use MM all the time, any loadout. I jump a lot off high places, since it's my deal.

Since you have to climb to jump...
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 53 of 89 (256 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

May 18, 2013
What I just don't like about Revenge is that it takes advantage of oh so many problems with the game.

Horrible radius glitches? Check.
Stupid weapon priority? Checkaroo.
Lag nades? Checkalakadingdong.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 54 of 89 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/08/2013
Offline
324 posts
 

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

May 18, 2013

I don't like playing without Team Safe. I love being able to run through Hammer spam and kill them as they struggle to switch to their pistol. Bargain + Paid Bargain is pretty ridiculous as well.

Message 55 of 89 (248 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

May 18, 2013
...especially if you're a kickback fiend.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 56 of 89 (245 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/01/2013
Offline
1419 posts
 

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I don't need call out. My teammates aren't blind, are they?

Aure's right though. That boosters nets kills easy. Who wouldn't want to use it? All these other boosters only work assuming you don't get shot.

Yeah.

 

I see people touting Monkey Man as a good booster. Hm.. You need the total right loadout for it to be good.

 

I use Fleet Foot or Weapon Expert.. Monkey Man is just an extra way for people to kill me faster while climbing in that case since they can hear me a mile off. It has that massive draw back.

 

Monkey Man is great if your using Cloaked. But you need Cloaked for it really to use it as a stealth tool.

 

Team Safe? Isn't Team Safe simply for people who throw grenades at thier teammates? I mean I kill about one teammate per 10 games if I'm lucky. That isn't enough to waste a slot over.

 

Personally? I'd rather go with Ammo Award. It does actually give me something for my efforts. Not enough for my efforts but I really don't want to use revenge in TDM. that would mean I intend to die and I actually don't intend to die at all in TDM. In objective or plunder I fully intend to die and risk dying a lot to do the objective. Revenge there is well suited, and I guess I do kill more teammates there, maybe about 3 in 10 matches but that still isn't enough for team safe. Plus I play with people who don't care and understand that we are doing what it takes to win, if that means we accidentally kill each other it's cool, they have clustered, mega bombed and rpg'd me plenty of times, I'm not complaining, Wrong place, wrong time. We still won most of those so it doesn't make any difference.


Even though i've never used Revenge I consider it a waste, in TDM Monkey man comes in handy even without Cloaked the boost in agility is way worth it, it makes you a harder target while climbing, it catches people off gaurd & increases your chance for a pull down for instance I don't intend to die alot in TDM so revenge is a non factor since you have to keep dying for it to be effective.

 

In Objectives it's even more useless since Back in The Saddle is the obvious booster of choice, Kickbacks are kinda scarce in TO as well these days & Team Safe is way better than Revenge, can throw nades to aid Teammates without killing them, Grenades don't knock you down & leave you exposed to attacks, you can use your Kickbacks ( RPG, Cluster, Mega Bomb, Hammer) to take out enemies while still allowing your teammates to continue doing damage to the ememy as well.

Message 57 of 89 (239 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
6722 posts
 

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

May 18, 2013

That's the thing though. Plenty of slot 2 boosters are better and actually more beneficial...

 

Back in the saddle is great for plunder/TO in that dying is nearly negligable, so good job getting that revenge kill on a guy with BITS gold, hes gonna be in the back in the action before you.

 

Team safe is great not just for the not harming teammates but for not getting down by the explsoives in games as well as protecting teammates with blankets of explosions. (Nothing like protecting my marked man with a cluster bomb blanket and taking out anyone attacking him)

 

Treasure hunter and deposit have obvious perks and though not neccessarily beneficial to the team, they are great to usr to build yourself up.

 

bargain is great as well with the right kickback in mind, though I don't personally use it much, it is great for shelling out certain kickbacks to further your advantage against a team.

 

monkey man is great for traversal and taking cover sometimes, makes climbing a lot less monotonous and can help for you to evade people as well as get to higher places faster than anyone else.

 

Daredevil keeps you stocked with limitless ammo and nades, never have to worry about running low on ammo with this booster on.*ammo award as well, but it only works in DM modes now and its usefulness is questionable to me.

 

Power hunter still has some uses as well even for experienced players as you will always know where PWs are even those dropped in random corners by other people.

 

Kickback endurance has some use I guess depending on the kickback you use, if timed kickbacks were more useful and not broken(QB) then this might see more use...

 

While revenge only gives you a chance to kill someone after you die and possibly allows them to kill a teammate if they throw the nade back...

 

Revenge isn't that good of a booster when you look at it, thats what pains me to see it more than usual, because people are equipping (IMO) one of the least beneficial slot 2 boosters in the game. Really its only good use now is having a level 3 revenged mega bomb or carpet bomb, which is still hit or miss since those can be thrown back as well and you won't get those too often in a single match. Hell the slot 2 buddy boosters are more beneficial depending on your buddy.

Feet
Message 58 of 89 (233 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

May 18, 2013
Treasure hunter was the first booster I REALLY went for.

You know, because it's a treasure-hunting game.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 59 of 89 (216 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14140 posts
 

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I don't need call out. My teammates aren't blind, are they?

Aure's right though. That boosters nets kills easy. Who wouldn't want to use it? All these other boosters only work assuming you don't get shot.

Yeah.

 

I see people touting Monkey Man as a good booster. Hm.. You need the total right loadout for it to be good.

 

I use Fleet Foot or Weapon Expert.. Monkey Man is just an extra way for people to kill me faster while climbing in that case since they can hear me a mile off. It has that massive draw back.

 

Monkey Man is great if your using Cloaked. But you need Cloaked for it really to use it as a stealth tool.

 

Team Safe? Isn't Team Safe simply for people who throw grenades at thier teammates? I mean I kill about one teammate per 10 games if I'm lucky. That isn't enough to waste a slot over.

 

Personally? I'd rather go with Ammo Award. It does actually give me something for my efforts. Not enough for my efforts but I really don't want to use revenge in TDM. that would mean I intend to die and I actually don't intend to die at all in TDM. In objective or plunder I fully intend to die and risk dying a lot to do the objective. Revenge there is well suited, and I guess I do kill more teammates there, maybe about 3 in 10 matches but that still isn't enough for team safe. Plus I play with people who don't care and understand that we are doing what it takes to win, if that means we accidentally kill each other it's cool, they have clustered, mega bombed and rpg'd me plenty of times, I'm not complaining, Wrong place, wrong time. We still won most of those so it doesn't make any difference.


Even though i've never used Revenge I consider it a waste, in TDM Monkey man comes in handy even without Cloaked the boost in agility is way worth it, it makes you a harder target while climbing, it catches people off gaurd & increases your chance for a pull down for instance I don't intend to die alot in TDM so revenge is a non factor since you have to keep dying for it to be effective.

 

In Objectives it's even more useless since Back in The Saddle is the obvious booster of choice, Kickbacks are kinda scarce in TO as well these days & Team Safe is way better than Revenge, can throw nades to aid Teammates without killing them, Grenades don't knock you down & leave you exposed to attacks, you can use your Kickbacks ( RPG, Cluster, Mega Bomb, Hammer) to take out enemies while still allowing your teammates to continue doing damage to the ememy as well.


I don't and wouldn't ever use Revenge in TDM. Unless it was being used to level something else.

 

I don't intend to die either in TDM, I don't find Back in the Saddle to be useful at all, a booster for a mere few seconds, or I could equip revenge, run into hill or turf with kickback ready, die and drop a mega bomb.

 

For some reason people fail at throwing back kickback grenades more often than normal ones. Even I can't throw back Mega Bombs for some reason.

 

Team Safe isn't worth squat to someone who doesn't kill teammates regularly, If someone needs Team Safe that often tells me to not play with them as it shows they don't care where they throw stuff and just waste grenades. Even worse it can also indicate that they intend to steal your kills by just throwing nades in your battle. I've seen that used before, that person got an RPG in the face for it too though. and an unlucky when I could have protected him I elected to leave them have him. I may have lost that match but it was worth it.

 

The only one listed really that has any benefits over Revenge is Bargain. Sure.. I understand why someone would use it. I see how it helps people. I don't see how the others help that much.

 

I'd much rather have a revenge using teammate in Objectives or Plunder than have a Back in the Saddle using teammate who is wasting a booster slot just to spawn and die again. The only way it helps is getting you back to the zone or back to the idol, but lets face it, if you died in the first place the entire team is probably guarding that place, your just respawning to die.



Message 60 of 89 (205 Views)
Reply
0 Likes