Survivor
2125 posts

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

May 18, 2013

I mostly see laggers or really terrible players that use Revenge. I've seen some M9 ROF users use it, but they fail to get kills with it.

Message 61 of 89 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2016

Message 62 of 89 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 18, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I don't need call out. My teammates aren't blind, are they?

Aure's right though. That boosters nets kills easy. Who wouldn't want to use it? All these other boosters only work assuming you don't get shot.

Yeah.

I see people touting Monkey Man as a good booster. Hm.. You need the total right loadout for it to be good.

I use Fleet Foot or Weapon Expert.. Monkey Man is just an extra way for people to kill me faster while climbing in that case since they can hear me a mile off. It has that massive draw back.

Monkey Man is great if your using Cloaked. But you need Cloaked for it really to use it as a stealth tool.

Team Safe? Isn't Team Safe simply for people who throw grenades at thier teammates? I mean I kill about one teammate per 10 games if I'm lucky. That isn't enough to waste a slot over.

Personally? I'd rather go with Ammo Award. It does actually give me something for my efforts. Not enough for my efforts but I really don't want to use revenge in TDM. that would mean I intend to die and I actually don't intend to die at all in TDM. In objective or plunder I fully intend to die and risk dying a lot to do the objective. Revenge there is well suited, and I guess I do kill more teammates there, maybe about 3 in 10 matches but that still isn't enough for team safe. Plus I play with people who don't care and understand that we are doing what it takes to win, if that means we accidentally kill each other it's cool, they have clustered, mega bombed and rpg'd me plenty of times, I'm not complaining, Wrong place, wrong time. We still won most of those so it doesn't make any difference.

Even though i've never used Revenge I consider it a waste, in TDM Monkey man comes in handy even without Cloaked the boost in agility is way worth it, it makes you a harder target while climbing, it catches people off gaurd & increases your chance for a pull down for instance I don't intend to die alot in TDM so revenge is a non factor since you have to keep dying for it to be effective.

In Objectives it's even more useless since Back in The Saddle is the obvious booster of choice, Kickbacks are kinda scarce in TO as well these days & Team Safe is way better than Revenge, can throw nades to aid Teammates without killing them, Grenades don't knock you down & leave you exposed to attacks, you can use your Kickbacks ( RPG, Cluster, Mega Bomb, Hammer) to take out enemies while still allowing your teammates to continue doing damage to the ememy as well.

I don't and wouldn't ever use Revenge in TDM. Unless it was being used to level something else.

I don't intend to die either in TDM, I don't find Back in the Saddle to be useful at all, a booster for a mere few seconds, or I could equip revenge, run into hill or turf with kickback ready, die and drop a mega bomb.

For some reason people fail at throwing back kickback grenades more often than normal ones. Even I can't throw back Mega Bombs for some reason.

Team Safe isn't worth squat to someone who doesn't kill teammates regularly, If someone needs Team Safe that often tells me to not play with them as it shows they don't care where they throw stuff and just waste grenades. Even worse it can also indicate that they intend to steal your kills by just throwing nades in your battle. I've seen that used before, that person got an RPG in the face for it too though. and an unlucky when I could have protected him I elected to leave them have him. I may have lost that match but it was worth it.

The only one listed really that has any benefits over Revenge is Bargain. Sure.. I understand why someone would use it. I see how it helps people. I don't see how the others help that much.

I'd much rather have a revenge using teammate in Objectives or Plunder than have a Back in the Saddle using teammate who is wasting a booster slot just to spawn and die again. The only way it helps is getting you back to the zone or back to the idol, but lets face it, if you died in the first place the entire team is probably guarding that place, your just respawning to die.

Back in the saddle comes in handy in Objectives modes 6 seconds may sound like nothing but in a heated TO & Plunder match it can make a HUGE difference trust me, also Team Safe works great in plunder both booster are way more efficient than Revenge, I use Mega Bomb in TO & with the bank & boom technique who needs Revenge?? lol

Also carrying the idol with Team Safe is another bonus, plus if someone throws a nade while you're about to score the idol you won't get knocked down thus scoring the idol before dying (most times). 

I personally don't care for Bargain since I hardly ever use my kickbacks I tend to forget I even have it most times.

Monkey Man, BITS, Dare Devil, Team Safe are far superior in every way.

Revenge booster promotes selfish game play.

Message 63 of 89 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

May 18, 2013
i love pancakes. So humny

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 64 of 89 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7099 posts

May 18, 2013

throwing back kickback nades is as simple as a regular nade. I would much rather bank the nade and make it 100% impossible to throwback as oppose to running up to them and dying and maybe they won't throw it back...

Revenge teammates are detrimental to the team in that they supply decent players with a grenade when they are killed and can put teammates w/o teamsafe into harms way.

The notion that team safe is just to avoid team killing is ridiculous as well. I mean for one, not getting knocked down is a great enough reason to use it. But it can create some oppurtunities to overtake hills or idol campy spots without harm to your team.

As well as back in the saddle working extremely well in TO. There are plenty of rounds and entire matches we won/lost by seconds and those seconds really matter in TO.

No matter the argument I see no reason to use revenge over other boosters, it plain sucks, I'm not even mentioning its cheapness anymore, but its actual drawbacks and uselessness.

I still admit that revenge has some use in that at level 3 it drops kickback nades, but still risking them being thrown back, which is also why I mentioned carpet bomb which is possibly the most effective part of revenge in general. It is the lowest costing special grenade kickback and when killed with it equipped it drops 3 nades right in front of someone, making it near impossible to dodge in confined spaces. Even then, I still see little benefits for picking the booster.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 65 of 89 (262 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

May 18, 2013

i know you all hate revenge, but i must admit i use it to make up for the fact that im kind of a crappy player - i like to to help my team, it makes all the difference in elimination - my favourite mode, otherwise im not into to cheap kills. maybe you think im a tryhard i dont know but everyone has different capabilities not everyone has a kdr of 1 or more and booster like these are there to help players who need it so why not use it, the word booster says it all. i actually like teamsafe which i use for other gamemodes like teamobjective and plunder.

Message 66 of 89 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

May 18, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

throwing back kickback nades is as simple as a regular nade. I would much rather bank the nade and make it 100% impossible to throwback as oppose to running up to them and dying and maybe they won't throw it back...

Revenge teammates are detrimental to the team in that they supply decent players with a grenade when they are killed and can put teammates w/o teamsafe into harms way.

The notion that team safe is just to avoid team killing is ridiculous as well. I mean for one, not getting knocked down is a great enough reason to use it. But it can create some oppurtunities to overtake hills or idol campy spots without harm to your team.

As well as back in the saddle working extremely well in TO. There are plenty of rounds and entire matches we won/lost by seconds and those seconds really matter in TO.

No matter the argument I see no reason to use revenge over other boosters, it plain sucks, I'm not even mentioning its cheapness anymore, but its actual drawbacks and uselessness.

I still admit that revenge has some use in that at level 3 it drops kickback nades, but still risking them being thrown back, which is also why I mentioned carpet bomb which is possibly the most effective part of revenge in general. It is the lowest costing special grenade kickback and when killed with it equipped it drops 3 nades right in front of someone, making it near impossible to dodge in confined spaces. Even then, I still see little benefits for picking the booster.

As always everyone is playing a different game to me.

Kickback nades for me have a much shorter fuse and go off almost immediately, even when I throw them they appear to do that.

Honestly even though I don't see the benefits of Team Safe. I can't fully judge it since I can't get it to level 3. Level 3 requires me to be selfish and ignore winning games to get high fives, while doing so gettnig repeatedly killed in the high five animation.

I have tried the other ones though and I find Revenge far more beneficial to me. It's effectiveness is like a 8/10 while the ones people are listing have an effectiveness of about 2/10 when being used by me.

tried BITS... Kept getting killed again and they capture anyway. waste of time,

I find Daredevil to be the worst booster in the entire game. Ammo Award is vastly superior for me and doesn't get me killed.It got me killed many times. Most people I see using it are a free kill for me too.. they just openly taunt to get ammo desperately. I don't know why anyone would use it. Also Daredevil seems to be heavily linked with Quick Boom which is 100 times cheaper than Revenge ever will be. Hell I'd take Situational Awareness over that crap.

Message 67 of 89 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7099 posts

May 18, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Kickback nades for me have a much shorter fuse and go off almost immediately, even when I throw them they appear to do that.

Honestly even though I don't see the benefits of Team Safe. I can't fully judge it since I can't get it to level 3. Level 3 requires me to be selfish and ignore winning games to get high fives, while doing so gettnig repeatedly killed in the high five animation.

I have tried the other ones though and I find Revenge far more beneficial to me. It's effectiveness is like a 8/10 while the ones people are listing have an effectiveness of about 2/10 when being used by me.

I find Daredevil to be the worst booster in the entire game. Ammo Award is vastly superior for me and doesn't get me killed.It got me killed many times. Most people I see using it are a free kill for me too.. they just openly taunt to get ammo desperately. I don't know why anyone would use it. Also Daredevil seems to be heavily linked with Quick Boom which is 100 times cheaper than Revenge ever will be. Hell I'd take Situational Awareness over that crap.

Whether you think so or not, kickback grenades have the same exact fuse time as a regular nade. They are just as easy/hard to throbwack as regular grenades. Maybe people panic from seeing a pink or blue grenade and dont throw it back correctly, but no they do have the same timer.

As for leveling team safe in general, well it isnt hard and is more beneficial for kickbacks in plunder and TO since it gives both people a free medal.

As for BITS, well thats the players problem if they just keep dying over and over again...

daredevil is a great booster, and trumps ammo award for several reasons. It gives 2 clips+ a nade for every 1 taunt+kill, while Ammo Award gives 1 clip for ever 3 kills with a long gun/pistol. And thanks to the medal updates, ammo award cant even be used in objective modes(not that it reall is a good choice). Daredevil works great for the fal and kal which have ammo problems to begin with.

So if you think revenge benefits you fine you use it and die in front of me while I throw it back at your teammate and kill him with your own grenade...

Message 68 of 89 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

May 18, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Quick Boom and the ridiculous SA variants should never have been in the game. They're just pathetic.
I don't want to turn this into a TLoU discussion, but have you guys seen the leaked booster list? It seems that multiplayer is going to be centered around SA spamming, and all that cowardly crap...

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 69 of 89 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7099 posts

May 18, 2013

Yea i've seen that list. Half the "boosters" are like weird see through walls thing. while a quarter of the boosters are like negating them, and another quarter of them are like actual boosters.

Message 70 of 89 (213 Views)
0 Likes