Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 10/25/2012
Offline
541 posts
 

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

May 18, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Yea i've seen that list. Half the "boosters" are like weird see through walls thing. while a quarter of the boosters are like negating them, and another quarter of them are like actual boosters.


See what I mean? It's ridiculous!

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 71 of 89 (275 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14231 posts
 

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

May 18, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

throwing back kickback nades is as simple as a regular nade. I would much rather bank the nade and make it 100% impossible to throwback as oppose to running up to them and dying and maybe they won't throw it back...

 

Revenge teammates are detrimental to the team in that they supply decent players with a grenade when they are killed and can put teammates w/o teamsafe into harms way.

 

The notion that team safe is just to avoid team killing is ridiculous as well. I mean for one, not getting knocked down is a great enough reason to use it. But it can create some oppurtunities to overtake hills or idol campy spots without harm to your team.

 

As well as back in the saddle working extremely well in TO. There are plenty of rounds and entire matches we won/lost by seconds and those seconds really matter in TO.

 

No matter the argument I see no reason to use revenge over other boosters, it plain sucks, I'm not even mentioning its cheapness anymore, but its actual drawbacks and uselessness.

 

I still admit that revenge has some use in that at level 3 it drops kickback nades, but still risking them being thrown back, which is also why I mentioned carpet bomb which is possibly the most effective part of revenge in general. It is the lowest costing special grenade kickback and when killed with it equipped it drops 3 nades right in front of someone, making it near impossible to dodge in confined spaces. Even then, I still see little benefits for picking the booster.


As always everyone is playing a different game to me.

 

Kickback nades for me have a much shorter fuse and go off almost immediately, even when I throw them they appear to do that.

 

Honestly even though I don't see the benefits of Team Safe. I can't fully judge it since I can't get it to level 3. Level 3 requires me to be selfish and ignore winning games to get high fives, while doing so gettnig repeatedly killed in the high five animation.

 

I have tried the other ones though and I find Revenge far more beneficial to me. It's effectiveness is like a 8/10 while the ones people are listing have an effectiveness of about 2/10 when being used by me.

 

tried BITS... Kept getting killed again and they capture anyway. waste of time,

 

I find Daredevil to be the worst booster in the entire game. Ammo Award is vastly superior for me and doesn't get me killed.It got me killed many times. Most people I see using it are a free kill for me too.. they just openly taunt to get ammo desperately. I don't know why anyone would use it. Also Daredevil seems to be heavily linked with Quick Boom which is 100 times cheaper than Revenge ever will be. Hell I'd take Situational Awareness over that crap.

 


Whether you think so or not, kickback grenades have the same exact fuse time as a regular nade. They are just as easy/hard to throbwack as regular grenades. Maybe people panic from seeing a pink or blue grenade and dont throw it back correctly, but no they do have the same timer.

 

As for leveling team safe in general, well it isnt hard and is more beneficial for kickbacks in plunder and TO since it gives both people a free medal.

 

As for BITS, well thats the players problem if they just keep dying over and over again...

 

daredevil is a great booster, and trumps ammo award for several reasons. It gives 2 clips+ a nade for every 1 taunt+kill, while Ammo Award gives 1 clip for ever 3 kills with a long gun/pistol. And thanks to the medal updates, ammo award cant even be used in objective modes(not that it reall is a good choice). Daredevil works great for the fal and kal which have ammo problems to begin with.

 

So if you think revenge benefits you fine you use it and die in front of me while I throw it back at your teammate and kill him with your own grenade...


You can't throw my grenade back, I'm in the UK and matched way out of my region. I lag.



Message 72 of 89 (266 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
6970 posts
 

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

May 18, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

throwing back kickback nades is as simple as a regular nade. I would much rather bank the nade and make it 100% impossible to throwback as oppose to running up to them and dying and maybe they won't throw it back...

 

Revenge teammates are detrimental to the team in that they supply decent players with a grenade when they are killed and can put teammates w/o teamsafe into harms way.

 

The notion that team safe is just to avoid team killing is ridiculous as well. I mean for one, not getting knocked down is a great enough reason to use it. But it can create some oppurtunities to overtake hills or idol campy spots without harm to your team.

 

As well as back in the saddle working extremely well in TO. There are plenty of rounds and entire matches we won/lost by seconds and those seconds really matter in TO.

 

No matter the argument I see no reason to use revenge over other boosters, it plain sucks, I'm not even mentioning its cheapness anymore, but its actual drawbacks and uselessness.

 

I still admit that revenge has some use in that at level 3 it drops kickback nades, but still risking them being thrown back, which is also why I mentioned carpet bomb which is possibly the most effective part of revenge in general. It is the lowest costing special grenade kickback and when killed with it equipped it drops 3 nades right in front of someone, making it near impossible to dodge in confined spaces. Even then, I still see little benefits for picking the booster.


As always everyone is playing a different game to me.

 

Kickback nades for me have a much shorter fuse and go off almost immediately, even when I throw them they appear to do that.

 

Honestly even though I don't see the benefits of Team Safe. I can't fully judge it since I can't get it to level 3. Level 3 requires me to be selfish and ignore winning games to get high fives, while doing so gettnig repeatedly killed in the high five animation.

 

I have tried the other ones though and I find Revenge far more beneficial to me. It's effectiveness is like a 8/10 while the ones people are listing have an effectiveness of about 2/10 when being used by me.

 

tried BITS... Kept getting killed again and they capture anyway. waste of time,

 

I find Daredevil to be the worst booster in the entire game. Ammo Award is vastly superior for me and doesn't get me killed.It got me killed many times. Most people I see using it are a free kill for me too.. they just openly taunt to get ammo desperately. I don't know why anyone would use it. Also Daredevil seems to be heavily linked with Quick Boom which is 100 times cheaper than Revenge ever will be. Hell I'd take Situational Awareness over that crap.

 


Whether you think so or not, kickback grenades have the same exact fuse time as a regular nade. They are just as easy/hard to throbwack as regular grenades. Maybe people panic from seeing a pink or blue grenade and dont throw it back correctly, but no they do have the same timer.

 

As for leveling team safe in general, well it isnt hard and is more beneficial for kickbacks in plunder and TO since it gives both people a free medal.

 

As for BITS, well thats the players problem if they just keep dying over and over again...

 

daredevil is a great booster, and trumps ammo award for several reasons. It gives 2 clips+ a nade for every 1 taunt+kill, while Ammo Award gives 1 clip for ever 3 kills with a long gun/pistol. And thanks to the medal updates, ammo award cant even be used in objective modes(not that it reall is a good choice). Daredevil works great for the fal and kal which have ammo problems to begin with.

 

So if you think revenge benefits you fine you use it and die in front of me while I throw it back at your teammate and kill him with your own grenade...


You can't throw my grenade back, I'm in the UK and matched way out of my region. I lag.


yea i can, attack the game all you want, with all its problems that you seem to highlight a bit too much. You can easily throwback revenge nades...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 73 of 89 (257 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/03/2010
Offline
6514 posts
 

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

Aurellia says "I can't see the benefits of Teamsafe." Lol. It's the best booster in the game in that slow besides bargain. Never getting knocked down, occasionally eating explosives (thanks for that glitch ND), never team killing or knocking down team members, and the ability to launch explosives in the same area as your team without worrying. Yeah, I can't see the benefits either.

Message 74 of 89 (251 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/01/2013
Offline
1419 posts
 

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

May 18, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

Aurellia says "I can't see the benefits of Teamsafe." Lol. It's the best booster in the game in that slow besides bargain. Never getting knocked down, occasionally eating explosives (thanks for that glitch ND), never team killing or knocking down team members, and the ability to launch explosives in the same area as your team without worrying. Yeah, I can't see the benefits either.


Not even mention in co-op mode where it's just as useful.

Message 75 of 89 (236 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/01/2010
Offline
1503 posts
 

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

May 19, 2013
i love pancakes. Much better than booster.

Booster are for a limited time. Pancakes, they are for ever



Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 76 of 89 (228 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/25/2012
Offline
541 posts
 

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

May 19, 2013

bunshing wrote:
i love pancakes. Much better than booster.

Booster are for a limited time. Pancakes, they are for ever

Nope. Diamonds are forever!

 

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 77 of 89 (222 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

May 19, 2013
@Aure What ARE you playing? I haven't killed a person with Revenge in my TSD account, up to the time I switched accounts. Seriously, how the hell are you killing people with Revenge? I have ZERO Revenge kills. All my Afterlife kills are just me throwing a nade, getting shot, then the nade makes a connection.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 78 of 89 (217 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/01/2010
Offline
1503 posts
 

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

May 19, 2013
black@:

uhm lets make a deal: pancakes are for ever; diamomds are for eternity. Deal? Smiley Very Happy



Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 79 of 89 (214 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/25/2012
Offline
541 posts
 

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

May 19, 2013

bunshing wrote:
black@:

uhm lets make a deal: pancakes are for ever; diamomds are for eternity. Deal? Smiley Very Happy

Sounds pretty good, mate Smiley Very Happy

 

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 80 of 89 (211 Views)