Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcoming Committee
13340 posts

Re: Why is everyone using the revenge booster

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

Aurellia says "I can't see the benefits of Teamsafe." Lol. It's the best booster in the game in that slow besides bargain. Never getting knocked down, occasionally eating explosives (thanks for that glitch ND), never team killing or knocking down team members, and the ability to launch explosives in the same area as your team without worrying. Yeah, I can't see the benefits either.

Sounds pretty selfish to me. What would I want to throw grenades at the same area my team are in? I play with people who are capable of handling stuff themselves without my random grenades.

If I threw one in there I'd be stealing kills with intent. That is a terrible thing to do.

I don't get knocked down often, my team don't teamkill me often either.

There is no benefit to it for me.

Sure I see a benefit if you are a lone wolf and playing with idiots 24/7. But aside from that if you have a decent team who know what they are doing it's a waste of a booster slot. Unless you are just a kill stealer, it benefits you then as we have established now. Unless you are talking about it from a Objectives standpoint or a Plunder standpoint.

I've been basing everything on TDM like everyone else has.

I get it's usefulness at level 3 in objectives or plunder, I can't get it to level 3, because it would require me to selfishly spoil games while high fiving and dying costing my team vital points or game winning time. Still would serve no purpose to me in TDM I've been waiting for a nice objectives based lab where nothing counts to level that booster.. I could be waiting forever.

Regardless I understand it being used in an objective based mode. I'd use it there, but TDM? It's not going to save me more than once every 10 games or so. While revenge is going to give me kills once every game or more. It's a no brainer. and No. I actually don't use it often. I'm mostly an Ammo Award user, I don't have to taunt and risk dying in a taunt animation, I get some ammo, I don't use quick boom. so it appears to be the best booster to get ammo and not risk dying.

I have no control over how you and others play the game, if you willingly throw grenades at your team for kills. thats your thing, my team and myself do not do this though. I do not have to worry about being knocked down often, I do not have to worry about being team killed. Thus what on earth is the usefulness of team safe to me in TDM? Yeah, I get team killed in objectives quite a bit. But I'm still not using a level 2 booster, and I'm not leveling something unless it's not going to harm my team while I do so.

I truely have no benefits with it at this moment. Level 2 boosters indicate a weakend player to the other team and will make you a target, as will poor booster selection too. It's a giant negative.

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 89 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5862 posts

May 19, 2013

^

with this logic I'm gonna just assume you're just to dense or selfish yourself or trolling...

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 89 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10027 posts

May 19, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

^

with this logic I'm gonna just assume you're just to dense or selfish yourself or trolling...

Honestly I believe she has a point. My opinion though. I don't use nades much, and most of the time I only use it as a desperate attempt to try and hit someone as I die. Otherwise the only way I could possibly TK is if I jump, land on a ledge and my teammate does the same, forgetting that if he lands on the ledge I'm currently gripping he'd bounce off and die.

I mean, TS is a great booster for those explosive-oriented. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure you can do better with your choice of booster.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 89 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5862 posts

May 19, 2013

Oh I can, most boosters fit few playstyles, and I use TS in a demolitions loadout and it works great for me. Most of these boosters don't work widely in multiple playstyles, yet have their uses. Even revenge whatever merit it may have doesn't benefit certain playstyles.

I still don't understand her logic in saying going for high-fives and taunting(w/ daredevil) is selfish. As one gives you and your buddy a free medal and doesn't deter much at all from the game and the other gives you tons of ammo at level 3.

I wasn't going for univrsally better boosters in slot 2, but depending on your playstyle there are plenty of slot 2 booters that are better for you. Revenge in my eyes is better suited for rushers which even then I see other boosters fitting better, especially since revenge can harm your own team...

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 89 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10027 posts

May 19, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Oh I can, most boosters fit few playstyles, and I use TS in a demolitions loadout and it works great for me. Most of these boosters don't work widely in multiple playstyles, yet have their uses. Even revenge whatever merit it may have doesn't benefit certain playstyles.

I still don't understand her logic in saying going for high-fives and taunting(w/ daredevil) is selfish. As one gives you and your buddy a free medal and doesn't deter much at all from the game and the other gives you tons of ammo at level 3.

I wasn't going for univrsally better boosters in slot 2, but depending on your playstyle there are plenty of slot 2 booters that are better for you. Revenge in my eyes is better suited for rushers which even then I see other boosters fitting better, especially since revenge can harm your own team...

High-fives are sometimes glitchy. Doing it on the stairs, misaligning your dudes, and even just the luck of lag and make a high-five take longer than usual and most of the time the "longer than usual" gets your arse handed to you. I'm assuming she doesn't favor daredevil because, let's face it, you're pretty cocky for taunting over someone, daredevil or not.

I do understand that most boosters benefit some playstyles, but I assume that aure would be taking from her experiences, which differ from each player.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 89 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13340 posts

May 19, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Where the **bleep** did I say Daredevil was a selfish booster?

Daredevil is a stupid booster, taunting someone leads to death for me, thus it is not beneficial to me. Where the hell does that say you are selfish for using it? If you don't die while using it, more power to you.

Stunt has it right. The animations are buggy as hell. I can stand with hands out forever, we are fumbling around trying to get a high five and die before it's even done, wasted time, wasted a high five, wasted a medal and most importantly wasted 2 deaths for our team. How is it not selfish to intentionally cost your team? It doesn't matter what the mode is, even in objectives or plunder high fiving while you could be.. you know? Playing the objective is selfish.

I wish I could post my trademark arrogant smiley face with that but.. I really don't know if I should be arrogant or honest, either way whichever one I chose I know you wont understand a single thing I wrote. I mean afterall. I did say Daredevil was a selfish booster without even saying it. I'm so magical.... Haha.

Personal attacks. Hmm.. I wont even go that low, I'm better than you. so yeah, plus we already worked out who the dense one actually is.. lol @ reading things that don't even exist. **points and laughs at you**

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 89 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5862 posts

May 19, 2013

intentionally cost your team? Revenge doesn't do that? you have to die yourself to activate it and you run the risk of harming your own team in the process.

photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 89 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

May 19, 2013

It's easy to level Team Safe in Team Objective. Often you'll dominate so much that you can stand and do HFs all day long without risking the match.

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 89 (130 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10027 posts

May 20, 2013
Like I said, it heavily depends on each player's experience. Aure's experience would be that she gets killed doing the animations, and sand's experience would be that it's executable.
Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 89 (109 Views)
0 Likes