Feb 17 2014
By: yodude2002 Splicer 85 posts

Why is it getting harder to find players?

13 replies 516 views Edited Feb 17, 2014
If this game is played by so many people in so many countries, why has it (only recently) become so difficult to find players?
I thought the free to play option brought a whole new group of players to UC 3 multiplayer.. It's driving me toward more Call of Duty and less time killing while trying to find someone to play against in this seemingly forgotten multiplayer experience called Uncharted 3.
Message 1 of 14 (516 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Re: Why is it getting harder to find players?

Feb 17, 2014
Because right now the players are split into two categories: DLC & non-DLC. Most f2p players play on the non-dlc category because they probably dont know the dlc maps are free and they just cant be bothered downloading them. Also its been 2 years and 2 months since uc3 was released so lot of people have stopped playing this game or have moved on to other new releases. Also, u could be trying to search for games in a time slot where most people are sleeping or at work/school etc and some modes are unpopular than other modes. So u could be having a hard time trying to matches due to those reasons i stated. Cheers!
Message 2 of 14 (507 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2014

The best option I could give you would be to find a party of 5, perferably from different regions, it's extremely picky on who gets to find players.

I often can't find a match, pass it to someone else and people appear.

While on Uncharted 2 I can find a match easily while others apparently can't.

Message 3 of 14 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3303 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2014

The player Pool is split & it's really taking a toll on match-making now.

Depends on the time of day you play. 

Depends on your connection & location. Like @Aureilia  said it's good to play in a party so you guys can take turns searching it helps.

If that fails then Turn off DLC 

Message 4 of 14 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Feb 17, 2014

ND ruined the game with the final update in a attempt to push people to play The Last of Us MP instead.

=First in the world to 100% Fat Princess=

Message 5 of 14 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Feb 17, 2014

mcnichoj wrote:

ND ruined the game with the final update in a attempt to push people to play The Last of Us MP instead.

Which didn't work... what do you mean anyway? I thought 1.18 was pretty good.

Message 6 of 14 (450 Views)
Wastelander
685 posts

Feb 18, 2014

The reasons have been pretty well covered.

I play mostly custom coop games so I didn't realize how much of an issue there was...a few weeks ago, couldn't find a game of elimination (granted, it was never that popular).  We got one player...in half an hour of trying.  Even Deathmatch games are harder to find.

I'm not sure how long it will be before the next Uncharted but I hope that it's not too long.  Even if ND offers the full version of UC3 for free in the lead up to next Uncharted release, I'm having serious doubts that it will generate enough buzz to attract a significant number of new players because the release seems too far out.  I think ND is in a catch 22...they probably want to make some big splash with UC3 to drum up excitement for the next Uncharted (whose release is too far away) and while they could improve the player pool issue now by making UC3 free to everyone, they'll have few options later.

Message 7 of 14 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2014

Nah ND did break some things with 1.18.

Boosters / Mega Bomb / Cluster Bomb

I can't quite put my finger on it though but something feels really wrong with the M9 after the patch. I don't know what it is it's just not performing how it was leaving it extremely vulnerable to other weapons. On the plus side the AK is awesome now.

Unless something is horribly broken. I hope they leave it alone in the future.

KAL-7

Shotty Kickback

Those two things for sure needed a fix.

Quick Boom (I hate QB)

G-MAL

FAL-SS

^ those things despite one being something I absolutely hated. Did they really need to change them? Probably not.

The people here, in one instance even myself. I didn't support the changes to the FAL or G-MAL. But I sure supported the changing of QB... But yeah the people here. Helped ND make the game worse in some areas, while in others we did help to improve it. The bad outweighs the good.

First few patches we were on fire. After that we broke the game along with ND.

But if I'm being super critical... ND should have internal testers who are actually skilled at the game or offer a stand alone testing version for players like Valve do for Left 4 Dead.

Message 8 of 14 (393 Views)
Fender Bender
3303 posts

Feb 18, 2014

^^ Agreed about the M9 after patch 1.18, I had to stop using it until like 2 weeks ago I finally added back to my loadout. The aiming feels loose? I only use it if i'm playing in a laggy match for the slightly faster RoF default rate.

Otherwise E3 AK remains my gun of choice, the recoil just feels perfect IMO.

And Quick Boom certainly needed the nerf it got in patch 1.18.

Message 9 of 14 (384 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Feb 18, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

Nah ND did break some things with 1.18.

Boosters / Mega Bomb / Cluster Bomb

I agree witth those but at the end of the day, we all got used to it, didn't we? People in my friends list still play U3 daily, TLoU? Well... if it weren't for Left Behind they'd be on their ps4s.

I really wish ND would come back to U3 to make the final, final patch, in which they would AT LEAST change the boosters back. I don't really mind the Mega/Cluster bomb changes or whatever else they changed in 1.18, but if they changed the boosters back this game would be way better IN MY OPINION.

Message 10 of 14 (371 Views)