Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

Re: Why no love for Team Objective? Great mode but needs fixes! [Updated 8 May]

Jun 13, 2012

phillip_maxwell wrote:

Sweet merciful crap ND, it's been 7 MONTHS and Marked Man still isn't fixed. How absolutely absurd. Marked Man leaving probably ruins close to a quarter of my TO matches.

I can't believe gaming websites haven't picked up on how unfinished this game is.

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/5/9/8/6/12279736882009934397twoton_Dividing_Line_3.svg.hi.png

Seriously!  I am so sick of this bug/glitch whatever.  It ruins so many Team Objectives for me. I've been complaining about it for months now, and every update, I pray to see it in the "Fixes" section, but it's never there...     

scootgar wrote:

Strangely, I have NEVER had a TO issue with a marked man leaving.

Either you have been insanely lucky and the marked man doesn't quit, or you've always been on the "good" side of that bug/glitch (ie: your team has the marked man who quit - pretty much means you win that round).

----------------------------------------------------

Message 231 of 256 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Jun 13, 2012

I cannot stand this glitch as well, its the equivilant to the treasure disappearing when someone leaves in Co-Op arena, hopefully if they fix one, the other gets fixed as well.

Message 232 of 256 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7371 posts

Re: Why no love for Team Objective?

Jun 13, 2012

hao-chi wrote:

Has anyone mentioned the problems with Chateau? Heroes spawn closer to the first hill in King of the Hill, while the Villains get an RPG. Both teams should spawn the same distance away, and if one team gets a power weapon, so should the other.

It isn't just Chateau. On Chain Reaction at Museum, both teams spawn at opposite hills (heroes at the villains hill number 1 and vice versa). The hill in KotH that spawns is almost always closer to one team than the other, and this is a problem because KotH is first 50% of the time. Chain Reaction has the most problems though, it is very unbalanced on certain maps.

Another thing to add to your list ND (the list of issues they won't fix that is).

Message 233 of 256 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16536 posts

Jun 13, 2012

naaros wrote:

scootgar wrote:

Strangely, I have NEVER had a TO issue with a marked man leaving.

Either you have been insanely lucky and the marked man doesn't quit, or you've always been on the "good" side of that bug/glitch (ie: your team has the marked man who quit - pretty much means you win that round).

----------------------------------------------------

Entirely possible.  I bet you this happens a dozen times in the next week, now I've opened my big mouth.

[ 39 ]
Message 234 of 256 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Couple weird bugs showed in TO while I was playing with my buddy. It was King of the Hill in Facility, and one of our teammates left the game, and the hill changed for some reason. We were on the second hill, not the first one when this happened.

Also, after the round ended, our team had 75 points, and the enemy team had 74 points, but they still won the round! What the hell?

Message 235 of 256 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7371 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2012

Likes didn't carry over as kudos (why Smiley Sad) so if you liked this thread please kudo it too, thanks.

No I'm not begging for kudos, but if someone liked it they probably would have kudoed it anywaySmiley LOL

*prepares for people not to kudo just because I posted this*

Message 236 of 256 (138 Views)
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2012

Just gave you a kudo. Smiley Happy

~"Hi Naughty Dog, shall we all get together and do a fund raising event for you seeing as you are short on cash?"- AliMakaveli
~Psn wais_45
~BPA+
Message 237 of 256 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Jul 2, 2012

I'm partially glad the new forum change occured so I can give this thread the kudos it deserves. TO is a fun mode, but the changes mentioned here would greatly improve it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 238 of 256 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2399 posts

Jul 3, 2012

ND, you have catered to seemingly every whim of the TDM crowd (balance this, buff that, nerf this!), and even saw the light and fixed stats in Plunder.

Now it is time to fix this humble mode.  The Multi Marked Man quits and is not replaced.  TDM, which must be removed, is always third. There is no getting away from this terrible non-OJB gametype in an OBJECITVE mode. Ironic and sad.

There are other fixes mentioned in this thread, but if you're gonna do something, then 1) fix MMM quit glitch and 2) remove TDM would improve this mode by 100%

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 239 of 256 (203 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7371 posts

Jul 3, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

ND, you have catered to seemingly every whim of the TDM crowd (balance this, buff that, nerf this!), and even saw the light and fixed stats in Plunder.

Now it is time to fix this humble mode.  The Multi Marked Man quits and is not replaced.  TDM, which must be removed, is always third. There is no getting away from this terrible non-OJB gametype in an OBJECITVE mode. Ironic and sad.

There are other fixes mentioned in this thread, but if you're gonna do something, then 1) fix MMM quit glitch and 2) remove TDM would improve this mode by 100%

And make the modes completely random. They are the 3 main things that need to happen. Anything else would be nice too.

Message 240 of 256 (198 Views)