Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

I think that's what this beta's for.

Jun 12, 2011

tapantaola wrote:

fadi002 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

A lot of people tend to "forget" that ND didn't have access to PSN for 25 days also... and that may have halted the development a bit (OK, I am speculating, but it makes sense).

So, give them a bit more time to fix bugs and test things before they release it to the public.

Why would they need PSN? Was there another beta going on that I wasn't aware of? They can just use local connections and have testers test it. I bet that they do that even when there is PSN available. Also, that's how the E3 MP demo worked.

I guess they need PSN to test the matchmaking, obviously custom matches can now be performed with the new LAN feature.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 11 of 16 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

You forgot a digit in both of those numbers...

Jun 12, 2011

HoorawrFatChicks wrote:

The demo at E3 was easy to pull off because they had a max of maybe 20-30 people on their server's at once which is extreamly small scale compared to what's going to happen the 28th. I wouldn't be surpised if the beta is down on the 28th because they was not techinally perpared for 30-40K if not more people on their server's at once.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 12 of 16 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

I highly doubt that a quarter of the PSN's ID;s that have...

Jun 12, 2011

fadi002 wrote:

HoorawrFatChicks wrote:

The demo at E3 was easy to pull off because they had a max of maybe 20-30 people on their server's at once which is extremely small scale compared to what's going to happen the 28th. I wouldn't be surprised if the beta is down on the 28th because they was not technically prepared for 30-40K If not more people on their server's at once.

I highly doubt that a quarter of the PSN's ID;s that have PS+ will be playing UC3 all at once :smileyhappy:

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - HoorawrFatChicks
Message 13 of 16 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Right, but in development terms there is an earlier stage...

Jun 12, 2011

fadi002 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

fadi002 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

A lot of people tend to "forget" that ND didn't have access to PSN for 25 days also... and that may have halted the development a bit (OK, I am speculating, but it makes sense).

So, give them a bit more time to fix bugs and test things before they release it to the public.

Why would they need PSN? Was there another beta going on that I wasn't aware of? They can just use local connections and have testers test it. I bet that they do that even when there is PSN available. Also, that's how the E3 MP demo worked.

I guess they need PSN to test the matchmaking, obviously custom matches can now be performed with the new LAN feature.

Right, but in development terms there is an earlier stage called the "alpha".

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 14 of 16 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Because they're probably not ready. I imagine they're sti...

Jun 12, 2011

Because they're probably not ready. I imagine they're still working around the clock to make it as best as possible, before the release.

Despite how things may have looked at E3, I'm sure there's still a lot to be done.

I'd rather they just release it on time but make it longer. 2 weeks = :smileysad:

Message 15 of 16 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Why not release the beta early?   Well, here is probably...

Jun 14, 2011

Why not release the beta early?

Well, here is probably a good reason:

http://twitter.com/#!/cbalestra/status/80405998107508736

:smileywink:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 16 of 16 (38 Views)
0 Likes