Jun 12 2011
By: Tjc99 Hekseville Citizen 392 posts

Why not release the beta early?

15 replies 19 views Edited Jun 12, 2011

I know this may seem naive or ignorant at first glance but think about it for a moment.

As far as I can tell the E3 multiplayer was in great and ready condition.

With a small bit of tweaking I'd say the beta could be ready much sooner then the 28th.

And seriously why not?

It might cause minor confusion but so did the date-less Infamous 2 U3 beta voucher.

And I'm sure the community would be extremely happy. Right?

So why not release the beata early?

Message 1 of 16 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14385 posts

Early for PS+ users only, inFamous users get it on the 28...

Jun 12, 2011

Early for PS+ users only, inFamous users get it on the 28th!

Just kidding... Everyone should get it early if one set does, but I would actually have some sly laughs if that did happen.

Message 2 of 16 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Because they like to torture us with waiting.

Jun 12, 2011

And if they did make it earlier, it should be for inFamous 2 people, because that code is useless right now. It should only be like a week earlier than PS+ members, though.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 3 of 16 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

I just hope they extend the beta. 2 weeks is pretty short...

Jun 12, 2011
I just hope they extend the beta. 2 weeks is pretty short when you compare it to other recent beta's (Gears 3 lasted 4 weeks).
Message 4 of 16 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
535 posts

Seriously this beta is so short and is packed with so man...

Jun 12, 2011
Seriously this beta is so short and is packed with so many modes. I'll probably not even get a feel of all the modes before its over. Hell I JUST started having fun with plunder again in UC2 after having the game for over a year.
Message 5 of 16 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2838 posts

Well, I'd like if it this happened. Can't say I would dis...

Jun 12, 2011
Well, I'd like if it this happened. Can't say I would disagree!
-----------------
FaceBook: Psyber Kayos
The best FB groups for our communities. Thousands have joined already. Join us!:

The Uncharted Community FaceBook Group

The Last of Us Community FaceBook Group

Message 6 of 16 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

A lot of people tend to "forget" that ND didn't...

Jun 12, 2011

A lot of people tend to "forget" that ND didn't have access to PSN for 25 days also... and that may have halted the development a bit (OK, I am speculating, but it makes sense).

So, give them a bit more time to fix bugs and test things before they release it to the public.

fadi002 wrote:

And if they did make it earlier, it should be for inFamous 2 people, because that code is useless right now. It should only be like a week earlier than PS+ members, though.

That's just not fair. Before the PSN hack incident, we all knew that both PS+ subscribers and Infamous 2 buyers would have the beta at the same day. And that won't change.

Extending the beta makes sense though, why not...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 7 of 16 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Why would they need PSN? Was there another beta going on...

Jun 12, 2011

tapantaola wrote:

A lot of people tend to "forget" that ND didn't have access to PSN for 25 days also... and that may have halted the development a bit (OK, I am speculating, but it makes sense).

So, give them a bit more time to fix bugs and test things before they release it to the public.

Why would they need PSN? Was there another beta going on that I wasn't aware of? They can just use local connections and have testers test it. I bet that they do that even when there is PSN available. Also, that's how the E3 MP demo worked.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 8 of 16 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

I guess they need PSN to test the matchmaking, obviously...

Jun 12, 2011

fadi002 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Why would they need PSN? Was there another beta going on that I wasn't aware of? They can just use local connections and have testers test it. I bet that they do that even when there is PSN available. Also, that's how the E3 MP demo worked.

I guess they need PSN to test the matchmaking, obviously custom matches can now be performed with the new LAN feature.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 9 of 16 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

The demo at E3 was easy to pull off because they had a ma...

Jun 12, 2011

The demo at E3 was easy to pull off because they had a max of maybe 20-30 people on their server's at once which is extreamly small scale compared to what's going to happen the 28th. I wouldn't be surpised if the beta is down on the 28th because they was not techinally perpared for 30-40K if not more people on their server's at once.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - HoorawrFatChicks
Message 10 of 16 (19 Views)
0 Likes