Last Guardian
10077 posts

Re: Why sprint is broken, how it's killing the game and how to fix it

Mar 6, 2013

Blennerville wrote:
^^ then you should use the booster endurance - your excuse is not a reason why sprint should not be tweeked, the pace of the game is far too fast because of the way sprint is currently.

In TDM? Are you kidding me? Smiley LOL Sprint adjustment is not the solution. Hipfire efficiency/accuracy adjustment could work.

an alternative is to just put the beta sprint back in.

It's been almost 2 years since the beta was launched. I'm surprised how well people remember the smallest details. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 141 of 178 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1487 posts

Mar 6, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:
^^ then you should use the booster endurance - your excuse is not a reason why sprint should not be tweeked, the pace of the game is far too fast because of the way sprint is currently.

In TDM? Are you kidding me? Smiley LOL Sprint adjustment is not the solution. Hipfire efficiency/accuracy adjustment could work.

an alternative is to just put the beta sprint back in.

It's been almost 2 years since the beta was launched. I'm surprised how well people remember the smallest details. 

ND removed/ altered so many features and gameplay mechanics from the beta that it's actually pretty easy to notice how bad the full game is compared to the glorious summer beta. I can't link to my summer beta thread often enough to prove my point: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Everything-that-s-missing-was-d...

------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 142 of 178 (400 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

Mar 7, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

thats your problem if you dont want to give up what ever booster you use, but the fact is endurance might actually be good if the normal recovery time was anywhere above the time it currently takes (which is about 0.37 seconds) - if you want to recover fast then you should have to use endurance, otherwise you should have to accept that you cannot just sprint around like a greyhound on crack and never burn out.

endurance is not much good because normal sprint recovery time is non existent - therefore it cannot shorten it further.

i do think that level 2 endurance - i.e. where it increases sprint duration needs to be increased by 0.5 - 1 second.

but normal sprint recovery time should be 300% greater than it is, i wouldnt mind if duration was increased to 5 seconds.

Message 143 of 178 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 7, 2013

I'd like sprint to be a more defensive strategy rather than a thing people would do literally all the time in UC3.

I'm okay with the pacing, it's just that... if everyone's going to sprint all the time, you might as well make sprint the permanent running speed and turn off the sprint button.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 144 of 178 (375 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

Jan 10, 2014

Well...

A multiplayer is supposed to feel the same as the game before it. You made that mistake with Uc3 but it was manageable. Now with Uc4 this is just ridiculous.

DeFy Sushi
Message 145 of 178 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 10, 2014
God, reading my own comments the only thing I can think of is how much sense I make.
Message 146 of 178 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11914 posts

Jan 10, 2014
Everyone just wants UC2.5

Nobody can accept that this is a different game.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 147 of 178 (295 Views)
Fender Bender
3424 posts

Jan 10, 2014

I see my words hit a home run with you that you needed to go dig up an almost year old thread to try & justify your subjective opinion.

Can't wait  to use sprint in UC4 Smiley Happy 

Message 148 of 178 (289 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 10, 2014
^^ give the people what they want.
Message 149 of 178 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14387 posts

Jan 10, 2014

People remember the beta because it was almost flawless apart from glitches and some weapon balance

Message 150 of 178 (269 Views)