Uncharted Territory
1679 posts

Re: Why sprint is broken, how it's killing the game and how to fix it

Oct 21, 2012
Read the above post. I wasn't trying to be funny, I'm telling the truth. I'm Ferrari_1996, not Ferrari1996.
Message 91 of 178 (584 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 21, 2012
Hihi's referring to thread derailment.

As for that, sprinting is mainly used by people to chase down enemies rather than escape them. Would be great, but along with stupid-arsed blindfire, this isn't working out.

To add, Endurance is *a slight* difference to usual gameplay. Oh great. Increased recovery time. It's not like nobody in this stupid game spams the sprint button. Nobody just runs here anymore. Sprint, carry the heavy item or die.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 92 of 178 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Oct 22, 2012

I know I already said how much I hate sprint. But I think this thread deserves more attention...

So I'm posting again.

Message 93 of 178 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1199 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

Thank you, but I think everything we could do to bring their attention is already done. I'm sure they've read this, it's just that they ignore it.

I guess they're happy with the disastrous pace this sprint has brought to the game and how it's nowhere as good as the beta was for this very reason. It's not like it's a different game, they had it right back in June 2011. Too bad they scrapped it in pursuit of a specific multiplayer (CoD) they approached too much.

Well, they claimed to be happy with 1.05 health in Uncharted 2 after all, why wouldn't they be happy about turning what was a promising multiplayer that could rival Uncharted 2 into a run and gun blindfire fest Call of Duty wannabe that gets boring incredibly fast?

Believe it or not ND, this new sprint introduced during the infamous Subway beta ruined the game.

I'm as big of a fan of ND as everyone else, but there's one thing I absolutely despise of them, and that's the fact that they're stupidly stubborn when we ask them reasonable things. I mean, they ignored that "Rebuttal to the new health" thread that was supported by everyone, they got rid of OWN thread about separated hitboxes that also had high support and now they're ignoring this, and if they ever answered, it would probably be something along the lines of "We're happy with the current sprint and it's staying like that".

You ignore what we want and that's why this forum (and game) are dying. How many "old" forumers are left here? Like three?. I went from "just checking" to "don't even bother visiting" and came back recently just to bump this and hopefully get a positive response, but boy am I naive.

Do what you want with your game and try to get all the CoD crowd as you can, because real fans are leaving this.

Message 94 of 178 (500 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1435 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

You are absolutely right. I personally categorize myself to "just checking once a day...maybe" now. I don't even bother creating threads anymore. My last good threads where the summer beta and options thread (reticle look, hitmarker color, dlc toggle,...). There where others but after the forum move they where flushed to the bottom.
Why even bother when ND doesn't care anyway? We just have to look at their response to all the co-op threads.

Hell, even the trolls don't bother with this place anymore!

--------ND/SCEE: UNCENSOR TLOU EU MP ALREADY!--------
----Greetings from Sony Censortainment Network Europe----
------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 95 of 178 (459 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1125 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Psyschock wrote:

Why even bother when ND doesn't care anyway? We just have to look at their response to all the co-op threads.

Hell, even the trolls don't bother with this place anymore!

Yea, it's like beating a Dead Horse. 

Message 96 of 178 (446 Views)
Fender Bender
2440 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Great Thread.

I am a sprint Hater. Imo it completely throws off the pacing of Uncharted. One of the many reasons that it's bad is that it makes blindfire more effectvie. Not directly, but it certainly helps.

UC4 should either have 0 sprint, or the Beta sprint, with a slooooow recharge period.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 97 of 178 (434 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1080 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

@psy

Jup, exactly my points...reticle look and U2 red hitmarker style, why they changed it?

Where the reticles in U2 are just slick, their conterparts in U3 are ugly and waaay to abstract.

Especially the scope from the M9, im zoom in but the scope stays the same...horrible. M4 over M9 anytime!!!

You made also good staments about U3 broken cover mechanic, keep it up...i know its way inferiour as U2.

@guns

It definitively benefits the blindfire and at the same moment the whole purpose of >cover< is leveraged by the sprint. (And on top of that, the blindfiring out of cover VS blindfiring from the hip, kills the cover blindfirer because he´s getting hit "lock-on" on 1/4 of his head/arm thats looking out of cover. Talking about the how **bleep**ed up and fair this game really is!!!)

But hey, cover on U3 stupid maps are litarly non-existened cause of the lame "cheap kills for everyone map design". Both London, Graveyard, Old Quarter, Oasis or Chatou...who the hell designed this lame crap.(Highrise&Museum in default matchmaking...an nightmare)

Its how @nev said, its a chaotic sprint blindfire(no cover gameplay) quickboom PW invisible fragfest...CoDism all the way.

A multiplayer is supposed to feel the same as the game before it. You made that mistake with Uc3 but it was manageable. Now with Uc4 this is just ridiculous.

DeFy Sushi
Message 98 of 178 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Oct 23, 2012

NeVeO wrote:

Thank you, but I think everything we could do to bring their attention is already done. I'm sure they've read this, it's just that they ignore it.

I guess they're happy with the disastrous pace this sprint has brought to the game and how it's nowhere as good as the beta was for this very reason. It's not like it's a different game, they had it right back in June 2011. Too bad they scrapped it in pursuit of a specific multiplayer (CoD) they approached too much.

Well, they claimed to be happy with 1.05 health in Uncharted 2 after all, why wouldn't they be happy about turning what was a promising multiplayer that could rival Uncharted 2 into a run and gun blindfire fest Call of Duty wannabe that gets boring incredibly fast?

Believe it or not ND, this new sprint introduced during the infamous Subway beta ruined the game.

I'm as big of a fan of ND as everyone else, but there's one thing I absolutely despise of them, and that's the fact that they're stupidly stubborn when we ask them reasonable things. I mean, they ignored that "Rebuttal to the new health" thread that was supported by everyone, they got rid of OWN thread about separated hitboxes that also had high support and now they're ignoring this, and if they ever answered, it would probably be something along the lines of "We're happy with the current sprint and it's staying like that".

You ignore what we want and that's why this forum (and game) are dying. How many "old" forumers are left here? Like three?. I went from "just checking" to "don't even bother visiting" and came back recently just to bump this and hopefully get a positive response, but boy am I naive.

Do what you want with your game and try to get all the CoD crowd as you can, because real fans are leaving this.

You make a great point there.

Before the beta I was saying sprint could be a disaster and destroy the game, the beta came and I was shocked with how well it was implimented.

Then the Subway beta hit and it was the disaster I expected it to be after it had been changed so much.

Message 99 of 178 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Oct 24, 2012

@OP

I think that the idea of sprint being in the Uncharted 3 MP is great, as it not only makes map traversal more enjoyabe/less of a chore, but sprint also gives the game a more modern feel than its predecessor. However; the turn radius is absurd in my opinion. I much preferred the slower pace of the beta, where people couldn't turn on a dime while holding down L3. Just another one of those "improvements" from July to October...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 100 of 178 (345 Views)
0 Likes