Uncharted Territory
1199 posts

Re: Just one more thing for perfection. Two, actually

Aug 12, 2012
Now that you say it, yes, I guess I didn't change the loadout so yes I was using the booster also for throwing it.

Still, there's a "trick" that makes you take the idol inmediatly, with or without beast mode. Press L1 just when the character starts picking it and you don't have to wait for the animation, so there's no difference if I were using or not the booster really.
Message 11 of 178 (587 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Aug 12, 2012

Just played a match with you NeVeO on Molten Ruins/ Lab. You're a very talented player.

You make excellent points. Interesting read.

Message 12 of 178 (584 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6452 posts

Aug 12, 2012

NeVeO wrote:
Now that you say it, yes, I guess I didn't change the loadout so yes I was using the booster also for throwing it.

Still, there's a "trick" that makes you take the idol inmediatly, with or without beast mode. Press L1 just when the character starts picking it and you don't have to wait for the animation, so there's no difference if I were using or not the booster really.

I usually read "trick" as "animation exploit" but whatever. I still stand with my decision that sprint turning and duration should stay the same. Only recharge time should be changed.

Message 13 of 178 (578 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1435 posts

Aug 12, 2012

If we are talking about the summer beta...the recoil of the turrets should also be toned down to summer beta/ current co-op levels. I WANT more people using the turrets against me. They get rarely used except for maybe the Graveyard because of their annoying recoil.

--------ND/SCEE: UNCENSOR TLOU EU MP ALREADY!--------
----Greetings from Sony Censortainment Network Europe----
------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 14 of 178 (575 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Aug 12, 2012

Psyschock wrote:

If we are talking about the summer beta...the recoil of the turrets should also be toned down to summer beta/ current co-op levels. I WANT more people using the turrets against me. They get rarely used except for maybe the Graveyard because of their annoying recoil.

WHY are you lucky? Every **bleep** time at the Chateau, the enemies get a hold of the turrets. It's annoying. I'd use a turret but then I'm not insane enough to let people get a "No Turret for You" over me.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 15 of 178 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4836 posts

Aug 12, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:
I still stand with my decision that sprint turning and duration should stay the same. Only recharge time should be changed.

Definately agreed here.

I got used to the current sprint, and while it isn't perfect, it is close. You have to understand that such big changes to the gameplay 6-8 months after release is a total disaster. People loved the game, got used to it's mechanics -even if faulty, sometimes- and that's where we stand.

That's why people didn't like 1.05 Uncharted 2. Lots of people got used to the game and how the health system works, and after months of release, they had to deal with the new "fast paced" gamepolay that they weren't used to.

I don't like massive changes such as sprint coming now or anytime soon. As I said, I got used to them and many others too, and would not like them alter or change them. Be careful what you wish for.

Message 16 of 178 (540 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Aug 12, 2012

Throwbacks should actually require some effort, it's ridiculous that tactics like the "Bank'n'Boom," have to be invented to use a grenade.  Throwbacks have also invaldiated mega bombs and cluster bombs as they are so easily thrownback.  When you throw a grenade at someone you might as well saying, "Please throw this back at me, the point of my grenade is to get my enemies kills."

My Youtube Channel
Mods please move the multiplayer meme thread back to the Multiplayer General it gets no attention anymore and its just sad. Why kill such a great thread? Move it back I Say!!!
Message 17 of 178 (536 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4836 posts

Aug 12, 2012

lab_meister wrote:

Throwbacks should actually require some effort, it's ridiculous that tactics like the "Bank'n'Boom," have to be invented to use a grenade.  Throwbacks have also invaldiated mega bombs and cluster bombs as they are so easily thrownback.  When you throw a grenade at someone you might as well saying, "Please throw this back at me, the point of my grenade is to get my enemies kills."

You have to know how to throw a grenade properly in order to avoid them being thrown back. I love this system actually, a decrease in the radius would make it abit more great though.

Message 18 of 178 (526 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Aug 12, 2012

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

lab_meister wrote:

You have to know how to throw a grenade properly in order to avoid them being thrown back. I love this system actually, a decrease in the radius would make it abit more great though.

Thats the issue for me though.  Most of my grenades are meant to push someone out of cover or get someone out of hiding spot. The long throwback radius ends up with them throwing my grenade back when it's about 2 metres away.  The "Bank'n'Boom" isn't really to difficult to avoid either.  Most players I run into know how to avoid it.

My Youtube Channel
Mods please move the multiplayer meme thread back to the Multiplayer General it gets no attention anymore and its just sad. Why kill such a great thread? Move it back I Say!!!
Message 19 of 178 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2440 posts

Aug 12, 2012

Nice thread. Support

Completely agree about Sprint. It takes far more away from the experience of this game than it adds to it, as you illustrated nicely.

It would help curb blindfire, still a huge annoyance.

While I dont care about throwbacks as much, I wouldnt mind if they changed it.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 20 of 178 (509 Views)
0 Likes