Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 178 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4624 posts

Re: Just one more thing for perfection. Two, actually

Aug 12, 2012

TL;DR

Give us back the Summer Beta build of the game.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 178 (381 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4593 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2012

The only thing I'd disagree with you here is that Speedy G isn't "useless". Speedy G's speed is actually slightly faster than sprint (and if you activate it while sprinting you move maybe 3x faster), it can be used as an alternative to Smoke Bomb for avoiding certain death, and it increases the speed of your strafing (so basically, you can have a temporary Fleet Foot on top of your Slot 1 booster of choice).

Everything else is fine, though (I'm talking about your OP, not the issues). I'd like to nerf blindfire-rushing without making blindfire completely useless, and nerfing sprint a little more than the baby nerf it got in 1.02 would probably be the best way to do it. You have my support.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 178 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
413 posts

Aug 12, 2012
Kudo'd and supported.

I do use Endurance and Speedy G though; I find them infinitely useful for Team Objective. Combine them with Back in the Saddle and it's like you never die.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 178 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:
I usually read "trick" as "animation exploit" but whatever.

Right, I don't like to use these kind of things, but still it isn't that much of a gamechanger exploit (if it can even be considered a exploit), I see it more like the melee+roll, at first I didn't like that one, but now... I still don't like it, but I use it because it's a (lazy and poorly designed) way of avoiding lag punches.

SouthpawLP wrote:

The only thing I'd disagree with you here is that Speedy G isn't "useless". Speedy G's speed is actually slightly faster than sprint (and if you activate it while sprinting you move maybe 3x faster), it can be used as an alternative to Smoke Bomb for avoiding certain death, and it increases the speed of your strafing (so basically, you can have a temporary Fleet Foot on top of your Slot 1 booster of choice).

Yes but it really isn't an advantage you should want. For example, one could use it for getting stealth kills in succession, but now you can do that by sprinting from kill to kill. The point of the kickback was that it granted you the speed of sprint without sacrificing the mobility that normal running had and sprint had not. When you can do the same turns with default run and sprinting, the very purpose of the kickback, its main advantage, gets defeated. It's true that it's still helpful for scenarios like strafing faster, but I think that's just an indirect bonus for a main advantage that is no longer worth it.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 178 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
232 posts

Aug 12, 2012
I fully support this. Alas, I feel that this will never be changed, but the OP has some incredibly welcome changes. Grenade throwbacks especially; it's ridiculous how they're so easy to perform. Just another sabotaged gameplay feature from the beta to retail.
-I'd be more apathetic if I wasn't so lethargic.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 178 (307 Views)
Fender Bender
4171 posts

Aug 13, 2012

So pretty much the Summer Beta?

Me

Proud Member of [FnxX} & DeFy. @UMG_Hybrid
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 178 (292 Views)
I Only Post Everything
957 posts

Aug 13, 2012

Great post @neveo.

Agree on every single point.

The sprint shaped Uncharted into trash in my opinion, among with many other things.

Cover based tactics vanished by including sprint - always sprinting, never normal walking.

I would have never forced sprint&grenade throwback in the default gameplay...NEVER!!!

But I dont care anymore about this franchise, its faraway to be an Uncharted that I loved so much...it was outsold to the masses with all that crap.

And when I look at the new awesome customsation options...LMAO..having a lot of fun guys, next patch you get some Barby&Ken wear that will also fit perfect into the Uncharted franchise.

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 178 (269 Views)
Survivor
2668 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2012

good stuff, i agree with all that.

@skin, you already move like a tank for all types of movement (just played for first time in 3 months and i hated the movement mechanics all over again). the current sprint adds more problems than anything else - mostly the constant rushing for the melee finisher moves - so annoying and often difficult to avoid.
the beta sprint was better even though it still had problems - it wasnt over used and it wasnt soeffortless and over-rewarding as a form of attack. just my opinion.

it would be better for the gameplay if the sprint was more similar to the beta version. my only slight problem with the beta sprint was the slight angle from the side on the camera (but the extra zoom was fine).

imo ND should reduce the turning sensitivity to near the beta levels (need not be exactly as stiff as beta). the camera angle is fine but maybe it would be better if they zoomed it in a bit.

now the recovery time, i do think it should take a lot lot lot!!! longer! to recover after a full sprint.
but i also think the sprint duration should be increase to 5 or 6 seconds. the duration was shortened from 6 to 4.5 since the beta but really, the quick recovery time is more of a problem - makes sprint so overused - its become more used for attacking with blindfire and melee.
at 5 or 6 seconds with a longer recovery time it would be good - if you use up the full sprint it would take a long time to recover but if you only use part of it it would recover faster.

also the endurance booster

- by how much does it increase your sprint duration by ??? - it seems very little to me so im guessing 0.5 secs ?? - it should be increased by another full second regardless, and ya you dont really get to much benefit out of the increase in recovery speed from the booster as its hard to see too much difference from the normal recovery time.
the endurance booster should then be moved to slot 2.

my speedyG buffs
- why do you have to glow for the full duration of it just to let people know you have it on (its not like it would create unbalanced if you didnt glow, quickboom is much worse), you shouldnt glow.
it should increase all your movement - like climbing which it did in the beta.
you should be able to enter a sprint at anytime during the duration of speedyG - you shouldnt have to enter a sprint first before activating the kickback to get the benefit of the sprint + speedyG.
stopping power effects should be reduced.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 178 (249 Views)
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Aug 13, 2012
Great thread I fully agree with it.
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 178 (234 Views)
0 Likes