Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Re: Just one more thing for perfection. Two, actually

Aug 13, 2012

Flawless83 wrote:

Great post @neveo.

Agree on every single point.

The sprint shaped Uncharted into trash in my opinion, among with many other things.

Cover based tactics vanished by including sprint - always sprinting, never normal walking.

I would have never forced sprint&grenade throwback in the default gameplay...NEVER!!!

But I dont care anymore about this franchise, its faraway to be an Uncharted that I loved so much...it was outsold to the masses with all that crap.

And when I look at the new awesome customsation options...LMAO..having a lot of fun guys, next patch you get some Barby&Ken wear that will also fit perfect into the Uncharted franchise.

Yet you're still here. LMAO.

Gotta love the community for being two-faced about customization... "ND WE WANT GOOFY CUSTOMIZATION"... then you guys get it: "ND WHAT IS THIS UNCHARTED OR BARBIE?!". Well, you don't have to use the customization if it's too goofy for you... but many other people asked for it...

@NeVeO: I use Speedy G on a regular basis and it's a good enough kickback as it is. It's good that they took away the Monkey Man abilities from the beta since we got the actual booster in the game, and its use as an alternative to Smoke Bomb and a temporary Fleet Foot are good enough to make it my favorite kickback in the game. Although a sprint mobility nerf would indirectly buff Speedy G (and that's definitely not a bad thing to me), it is by no means "useless".

Still, I support the hell out of this thread, because these are two parts of the summer beta I'd like to see again, and if it can curb M9 blindfire-rushing, that's even better.

Message 31 of 178 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
371 posts

Aug 13, 2012

I completely agree, I've said it before and I'll say it again, grenades are just hot potatoes as they are. 

Message 32 of 178 (402 Views)
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Aug 13, 2012

Completely Agree on the Nades as well, I have been saying it since Subway Beta (Mostly Scrutinized about it,)

1st fix the Radius. then let it simmer for a little Bit

then

Look at the timer. Only because if you do both at the sametime then I think Nades could become a little OPed.

Bank-Shoots would still be very, very usefull. But Nades would also be more usefull in open areas where little to banking is avaiable.

Message 33 of 178 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Aug 13, 2012

Actually, I have a loadout with:

Endurance (Gold)

Kickback Endurance (Gold)

Speedy G

You run/sprint incredibly fast and it always catches them by surprise. I've even gotten complaints and hate mail every now and then because of it. I wouldn't say its useless. It feels rather really slow to recharge and move around without the Endurance booster.

Of course to those who just camp a match or don't maneuver much around a battle; It won't be of any use to sprint.

This one combination of boosters and kickback that you would normally NEVER EVER see and I STILL get complaints about it. It's like I'm not allowed to kill anyone with anything.

Message 34 of 178 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1374 posts

Aug 13, 2012

Excellent Post NeVeO mario_happyYoshi.gif

You have highlighted current problems with clear evidence backing up your complaints. You gave comparisons between what it should be / shouldn't be. You stated how this affects gameplay. 

You EVEN posted a TL;DR for lazy / short attention span people (not me, I read the whole OP).

And you thanked me for reading it!! mario_joyYoshi.gif

Why can't more threads be like this???!!!!!

Yeah, I escape gunfights way too easily, and I don't think I should be able to. Then again, I like to have the ability to evade / avoid gunfights IF I choose to. It's very useful and can get you out of tight spots. But I'd be fine with this, if it was implemented. Balanced multiplayer gameplay  > My personal preference by far. You should make posts like these more often NeVeO, it's a shining example what all threads should consist of, when asking for something to be changed.

!Rafe is Bae!
Message 35 of 178 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

The sprint recovery doesn't bother me much, but I agree that the sprint turn radius is far too high still (though miles better than it used to be).

Also, grenade throwbacks are simply horrible period. But... if they're going to be in the game at least make their grab distance much smaller.

Message 36 of 178 (369 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Aug 14, 2012
@Southpaw_LP maybe it's better than I think it is, but I guess you agree it was much better in the beta and a lot of people were using it for getting the melee/stealth/blindfire kills they're easily getting now with übersprint.

tripleWRECK wrote:

Also, grenade throwbacks are simply horrible period. But... if they're going to be in the game at least make their grab distance much smaller.

It's one of the best additions to this multiplayer imo. Right now it's no less than a curse, but when it was right (first beta), it was really good, because it was something you rarely used and of course didn't relied on. It was more like a pulldown or a turret kill. Not really common, relatively hard to pull off and incredibly rewarding. That "I probably had luck, but hell yeah" feeling you know.

@RandomZach
Thank you and everyone who supported this. If only a developer spoke about what's their opinion on this...

Message 37 of 178 (337 Views)
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

I agree with the grenades, but not the sprinting. I sprint like, all the time. But wouldn't you also sprint all the time if it was in real life? Now, I'm not saying that Uncharted should be ULTRA realistic, (you can jump from 3 story buildings and not die, after all) but having some hints of realism is nice. When you think about it, if you're running in real life, it's not like you can hardly turn at all. I mean, you might have to slow down sometimes to do some turns, but yeah. I'd rather have the current state of sprinting, as it feels like you are more in control of your character. Plus, it's not like you have that much control over your character with other actions, like climbing and taking cover. So we don't need to take away anymore control.

Also, the sprint recovery time, if anything, should be increased. But if you really want it increased, you could use the endurance booster. I'm constantly clicking L3 when I run out of "juice", which leads to slightly slower, chunkier sprinting, but that way I can still catch up to people if I'm chasing them or something.

Plus, I actually like the more fastpaced gameplay of Uncharted 3 over Uncharted 2, anyway.

Message 38 of 178 (333 Views)
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Aug 15, 2012

Brilliant thread man,  I was looking through the forums and saw the title and was hesitant to click it because I thought it would be another RoF M9 thread but I am really glad I clicked it.  I feel the EXACT same way regarding the sprint feature (that's the only part I read of the OP, and I am still going to go back and read the rest).  

I was always hesitant about the sprint ever since it was first introduced back in the summer beta, but the way it was handled was perfect.  Sure, you could get out of hairy situations or get somehwere on the map faster, but you definitely sacrificed some control and the recovery time was great.  Now, just like you said, the sprint is just spammed and people just sprint the entire match due to the low recovery time and speed and turn radius.  I am so glad someone made a great thread regarding this, and I really think it should be fixed.  

Once again, great thread.  I can't kudos right now because I reached my kudos limit for the day, but I will be sure to kudos you when I can.  

Message 39 of 178 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Aug 15, 2012

NeVeO wrote:
@Southpaw_LP maybe it's better than I think it is, but I guess you agree it was much better in the beta and a lot of people were using it for getting the melee/stealth/blindfire kills they're easily getting now with übersprint.

Oh, definitely. If sprint's turn radius was decreased, there'd be much less blindfire/melee kills in general, so I support this thread because I'd rather blindfire/melee never be used as a crutch - which 1.02 certainly did a good job of reducing, but there's still plenty more blindfire than there needs to be.

Message 40 of 178 (309 Views)
0 Likes