Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Re: Just one more thing for perfection. Two, actually

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2012
Click Here.
SouthpawLP wrote:

NeVeO wrote:
@Southpaw_LP maybe it's better than I think it is, but I guess you agree it was much better in the beta and a lot of people were using it for getting the melee/stealth/blindfire kills they're easily getting now with übersprint.

Oh, definitely. If sprint's turn radius was decreased, there'd be much less blindfire/melee kills in general, so I support this thread because I'd rather blindfire/melee never be used as a crutch - which 1.02 certainly did a good job of reducing, but there's still plenty more blindfire than there needs to be.

My Youtube Channel
Mods please move the multiplayer meme thread back to the Multiplayer General it gets no attention anymore and its just sad. Why kill such a great thread? Move it back I Say!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 178 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Aug 15, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

NeVeO wrote:
@Southpaw_LP maybe it's better than I think it is, but I guess you agree it was much better in the beta and a lot of people were using it for getting the melee/stealth/blindfire kills they're easily getting now with übersprint.

Oh, definitely. If sprint's turn radius was decreased, there'd be much less blindfire/melee kills in general, so I support this thread because I'd rather blindfire/melee never be used as a crutch - which 1.02 certainly did a good job of reducing, but there's still plenty more blindfire than there needs to be.

Why mess with sprint just to curb blindfire? Wouldn't a direct nerf to blindfire be much better because rather than fiddling with something like sprint that effects the whole flow of matches? A direct nerf to blindfire would effect only blindfire and is guaranteed to curb the effectiveness of blindfire.

I agree that sprint does cause the game to be a bit crowded even on bigger maps but I only think recharge time should be changed. That way sprint is still reliable since you can't count on rolling, but it can't be used to navigate the whole map super fast or rush constantly.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 178 (198 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4583 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2012

The thing about blindfire which I recently realized is that it's here to make up for melee being a 2HK. Basically, taking out an enemy in CQC is extremely difficult without blindfire/steel-fisting in Uncharted 3. Don't understand it? I could probably explain it better next time we party up (might be a while depending on how long it takes for ND to fix the gold weapons situation).

It is too late in this game's life to radically change blindfire the way it should be (bullets only going in the direction of the center of your screen) or hitboxes the way they should be. Let's wait for a better blindfire system as a whole in Uncharted 4. Maybe they'll let melee-rolling return and have that be the primary CQC technique.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 178 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5829 posts

Aug 15, 2012
I don't mind sprint too much, but the throwbacks are seriously out of control. It's impossible to flush enemies out of cover or make a move on them when they can easily throw back the nade with the press of a button, canceling out whatever effort you put into lining up the grenade and calculating the physics so that it would land in a radius that would kill them. Add up the throwbacks, the fact that you can only carry one nade, the dearth of nade spawns, the longer throw animation and the less powerful and pinpoint grenade throws and the nades are next to useless in this game. A shame, considering there was a lot of skill involved with getting good with them in uc2.
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 178 (157 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Aug 15, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

The thing about blindfire which I recently realized is that it's here to make up for melee being a 2HK. Basically, taking out an enemy in CQC is extremely difficult without blindfire/steel-fisting in Uncharted 3. Don't understand it? I could probably explain it better next time we party up (might be a while depending on how long it takes for ND to fix the gold weapons situation).

It is too late in this game's life to radically change blindfire the way it should be (bullets only going in the direction of the center of your screen) or hitboxes the way they should be. Let's wait for a better blindfire system as a whole in Uncharted 4. Maybe they'll let melee-rolling return and have that be the primary CQC technique.

Melee being a two hit kill would normally promote close range shootouts, but instead people just revert to blindfire or double melee quick rolling. I always shoot close range rather than blindfire and it's not even close to as hard as people act like it is. They're just lazy quite frankly and afraid because blindfire locks on and is more accurate than aiming. Everyone knows it. Everyone has seen "Aiming is always more accurate than running and gunning" and laughed.

Reducing blindfire accuracy would be a lot less impactful to the game than changing the entire spring mechanic. Sprint effects many aspects of the game. Blindfire just affects blindfire. If you remove melee quick rolling and lower blindfire people would have to be accurate and actually aim more. That's sounds amazing to me.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 178 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4583 posts

Aug 15, 2012
I guess we're just going to disagree here. Blindfire accuracy was incredibly high in the summer beta but it was tolerable because the sprint wasn't so flexible.
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 178 (146 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2012

Melee system must be completely remade from the scratch. The current one, which is imported by Uncharted 2 and it was the weaker spot of that game, is atrocious in so many ways.

First, it should never hit the target automatically, it should make you perform a punch or whatever in the direction your screen is centered, just like in most of games. The autotarget melee should only work for stealth kills and. Being this way, melee-rolling shouldn't be needed, and should then be left out, because it's a bad, lazy and poorly executed way of trying to fix a broken melee system without having to work on a needed rehash. Also, if two players melee at the same time, there should be a QTE like the one in the campaign, with like 3 prompts. That would probably come with laggy problems, so it could be just ignored.

About blindfire, yes, it should ONLY have the chance to hit the target if the reticule is actually aiming him. I mean have the chance depending on how good that weapon is at blindfire / mods it has, not automatically hit with all the bullets. Not only it currently hits people if your reticule is not in the target, but bullets also go magically to the target if you press R1 while in the air.

Also about what you said in the post above. That's true, blindfire was still too effective, the difference that made it more tolerable was that it was harder to go close to the enemies. Current sprint lets you rush and come close to them with ease.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 178 (144 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:
I guess we're just going to disagree here. Blindfire accuracy was incredibly high in the summer beta but it was tolerable because the sprint wasn't so flexible.

I guess we are going to disagree because blindfire was not tolerable then either.

What did make blindfire better then though was that there was no melee quick roll, so they couldn't try to take out half your health with no risk to themself like they can now.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 178 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Aug 15, 2012
Another thing that would help this game achieve perfection would be the return of the sliding into cover animation.
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 178 (131 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4583 posts

Aug 15, 2012
The melee range needs to also be reduced in Uncharted 4. That way, no need for rolling at all, just run away from someone and they can't Commando-slide you.
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 178 (131 Views)
0 Likes