Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Re: Just one more thing for perfection. Two, actually

Aug 15, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:
I have punched people further than an arm's distance from me and I have a good connection. Maybe you haven't because they were too far away at that point, but I know that Uncharted 3 has a melee lunge.

What does it have to do with aim assist and strafing? Because I know it's not my mind playing tricks with me yet you insist it is. Neither are illusions. They are really there. Melee has an absurd range, period.

But if you're not the host then it doesn't matter if you have a good connection. It can still give you a lag kill.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 178 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4589 posts

Aug 15, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:
I'm talking about the BIG2 video when mentioning putting it up on Uncharted TV. I don't recall Cog's video being put on Uncharted TV.

Exactly. ND's own video saying how to do it isn't on there but some user created content is. To me unless ND gives me a response I'm not taking that as them saying it was intentional. Maybe they'll actually answer me in the most recent QA thread.

Good luck. Even if it wasn't intentional, they're apparently okay with it. They've seen the video and haven't gone "crap, we need to patch this", but instead said "let's put this on Uncharted TV so more people can know about this". That's paraphrasing it for all I know, but you know what I mean.

Upset with it? Well, I wished they put in separate hitboxes, too. I can live with the multiplayer, and I hope they learn from their mistakes and model Uncharted 4 off its two predecessors' strengths and leaving their faults behind, and then improving on whatever neither game got right. I'm fine with melee-rolling, but melee in general still sucks in Uncharted 3 and it's always sucked in Uncharted MP and it's too late to change it.

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 178 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4589 posts

Aug 15, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:
I have punched people further than an arm's distance from me and I have a good connection. Maybe you haven't because they were too far away at that point, but I know that Uncharted 3 has a melee lunge.

What does it have to do with aim assist and strafing? Because I know it's not my mind playing tricks with me yet you insist it is. Neither are illusions. They are really there. Melee has an absurd range, period.

But if you're not the host then it doesn't matter if you have a good connection. It can still give you a lag kill.

It's happened on numerous occasions. When I've not been host, when I've been host, when I've played pubs, when I've played customs, etc. I even tried it out in LAN. Always the same result for me: there is a melee lunge built into this game.

It's also noticeable when it doesn't give the kill, but you do notice an enemy somehow punches you from five feet away and then slides back to where they were.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 178 (241 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Aug 15, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

It's happened on numerous occasions. When I've not been host, when I've been host, when I've played pubs, when I've played customs, etc. I even tried it out in LAN. Always the same result for me: there is a melee lunge built into this game.

It's also noticeable when it doesn't give the kill, but you do notice an enemy somehow punches you from five feet away and then slides back to where they were.

I only ever have people slide punch me when they are lagging really bad. If the "lunge" was that then I would see myself lunge at them on my screen as well rather than being stationary when I melee.

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 178 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4589 posts

Aug 15, 2012
The way the lunge works is your character does not move on your screen, but the punch reaches them anyways. It looks like your character is airbending or something LOL. Aliens. I don't know. But to the victim's screen, the puncher actually physically slides.

Again, I've seen this even in splitscreen LAN. It's not exclusive to lag and I know it as a fact.
Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 178 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Aug 15, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:
The way the lunge works is your character does not move on your screen, but the punch reaches them anyways. It looks like your character is airbending or something LOL. Aliens. I don't know. But to the victim's screen, the puncher actually physically slides.

Again, I've seen this even in splitscreen LAN. It's not exclusive to lag and I know it as a fact.

Then make a video and show ND?

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 178 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4589 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2012

Why should I have to if ND clearly implemented it themselves in the first place? It's the community that needs to know about it.

I could in the future, but I do have a couple of projects I've been working on for a while. AK-47 tutorial for U3C, Spyder interview for U3C, and even a montage for U3C. I could get to it once I have the interview and the AK tutorial out of the way, though.

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 178 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

Why should I have to if ND clearly implemented it themselves in the first place? It's the community that needs to know about it.

I could in the future, but I do have a couple of projects I've been working on for a while. AK-47 tutorial for U3C, Spyder interview for U3C, and even a montage for U3C. I could get to it once I have the interview and the AK tutorial out of the way, though.

Because ND made Chloe an old lady and didn't even know it. There are clearly things they do that they aren't even aware of.

Perhaps ND put it in as a way to try and compensate for lag and it instead backfired?

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 178 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4589 posts

Aug 15, 2012
Possibly. This honestly feels more deliberate than Chloe's gray hair, though. It could be an attempt to compensate for lag, but I don't know for sure.
Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 178 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

Oct 20, 2012

I'm bumping this just because they've been talking about next patch(es) and I just want to know if they ever did read this. I don't get why it's so hard for them to give an answer.

I know you won't mess with the greatly broken blindfire mechanics because you seem to love them, but for the love of everything, change the way sprint works, make it similar to the first beta and the pace of the game will change from run and gun, boring  blindfire and sprinting madness to the greatness of Uncharted 2, U3 beta's more tactical, calmer pace.

Believe it or not, but the sprint change from the first beta had the same impact on this game as the health change had in Uncharted 2, in the way it completely changed and practically destroyed the original concept on which the game was created.

Anything from the OP would be great. Everything would do wonders.

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 178 (165 Views)
0 Likes