Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Re: Why the leaderboards and stat cards need hard resets.

Jun 8, 2012

RevisIsland78 wrote:

Yeah, but it annoys me when people judge me based on my stats, when I don't care and neither should they. Yet, for example, some clans only take members with at least a __ KDR. So, because I played Plunder and TO only focusing on Objectives, and try out different playstyles, I can't join a clan? (Not that I want to, I'm going to start my own clan, where stats mean NOTHING) Or people brag to me that they have better stats? Now that everything is settled in here (except maybe RoF and Revenge), I'd like to actually see how I could play.

Stats no longer matter to me, but I wish they meant something...

Legacy 3 ~ Level 75 & Co-op Silver Star - Feel free to add me on PSN if you need more Uncharted friends. I like both competitive and co-op.

Can I join said clan? Or at least play with you?

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 171 of 203 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

Jun 8, 2012

As someone who doesn't really care about stats in general, it wouldn't affect me at all. 

HOWEVER... Make sure your programmers know what they are doing.  I think everyone would be pissed if you accidentally reset levels (more so than usual, anyways lol) or removed co-op stars by accident... So if you do this, make sure it ONLY affects the right things.

----------------------------------------------------

Message 172 of 203 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16305 posts

Jun 8, 2012

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Let's hope that lessons have been learned.  Don't split the development team up...

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

And there it is again.  Do we have official word that this happened, rather than increasing the developer pool to work on multiple projects?

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 173 of 203 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Jun 8, 2012

scootgar wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Let's hope that lessons have been learned.  Don't split the development team up...

And there it is again.  Do we have official word that this happened, rather than increasing the developer pool to work on multiple projects?

ND removed kills from Plunder; it just made sense.

Feel free to invite me for games other than Plunder. Really.

They did officially say that they split the studio.  However, they of course didn't disclose how many new hires there were related to the split.  But then again, why would they? 

And Naaros brings up a very good point above.  I'm all for stats being reset, as long as 2 conditions are met.

1) The overall stats are still viewable on the site.  People who have been playing honestly deserve to have their stats preserved somewhere.

2)  The reset is carefully tested and planned so that people don't lose their levels, booster progress, et cetera.  Like Naaros said, make sure only the right things are purged. 

Message 174 of 203 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Jun 8, 2012

Hey, I asked the mod to make a poll for us, so put up your vote! This is gonna be a tough one. If there is other solution you want, you can comment below the poll.

http://community.us.playstation.com/polls/1709

Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Message 175 of 203 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
729 posts

Jun 8, 2012

Has i said before i don't suport this thread Its to late for a reset imo

Its even possible to cheat stats now, even seen it recently with top leaderboard players boosting them and doing other stuff to increase their K/D.

So why bother with leaderboards anyway, in any game leaderboards are faked by boosters, glitchers, hackers, i rarely look at them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 176 of 203 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16305 posts

Jun 8, 2012

ryaniscool47 wrote:

scootgar wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

They did officially say that they split the studio.  However, they of course didn't disclose how many new hires there were related to the split.  But then again, why would they? 

Exactly.  So, we actually have no idea how many man-hours (and that's the important aspect) were put into the game, or how this related to the man-hours on Uncharted 2, or how this related to any corporate or in-house decisions on game design and workflow.

So, instead, we'll fill the forums with conjecture and blame for the issues we see and pin "you split teh stoodio" at the top.

The Biggest Lies

Message 177 of 203 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Jun 8, 2012

scootgar wrote:

ryaniscool47 wrote:

scootgar wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Exactly.  So, we actually have no idea how many man-hours (and that's the important aspect) were put into the game, or how this related to the man-hours on Uncharted 2, or how this related to any corporate or in-house decisions on game design and workflow.

So, instead, we'll fill the forums with conjecture and blame for the issues we see and pin "you split teh stoodio" at the top.

Well given the evidence that we see, the rushed story mode, the bugs, the incomplete MP I'd say these claims are pretty accurate, and just because people say them doesn't mean everyone (or a certain someoen) needs to ride their ass every time.  If ND had that much of a problem with people constantly saying they were down too many men, they'd step in and correct us, because it's been said for almost 7 to 8 months now.

Message 178 of 203 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4833 posts

Jun 8, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Well given the evidence that we see, the rushed story mode, the bugs, the incomplete MP I'd say these claims are pretty accurate, and just because people say them doesn't mean everyone (or a certain someoen) needs to ride their *** every time.  If ND had that much of a problem with people constantly saying they were down too many men, they'd step in and correct us, because it's been said for almost 7 to 8 months now.

BUT, The Last of Us has been in development since Uncharted 2 launched, and they announced the customization and lots of other stuff WHILE TLoU was in development. They wouldn't have announced them if they were unable to develop them into Uncharted 3.

But clearly, the date they set to release Uncharted 3 was the problem. It isn't the fact that the team was split, it has something to do with some sort of laziness or delay in some things that have led us to where we are now. Maybe it's because of the re-design of the Main Multiplayer menu because lots of people hated the Beta's design? Maybe because of the MASSIVE requests by the community in regards to the Beta's issues? The Beta had recieved so many negative thoughts and feedback that MAYBE forced Naughty Dog to scrap some things off the game and work on the main issues asked by the community.

There are many reasons as to why they released the game while in rush. We can't just come here and say "It's because the team was split" since a) We don't have official proof that it happened and b) The Last of Us was in development since Uncharted 2 days so it isn't something new that the team was split up.

Message 179 of 203 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16305 posts

Jun 8, 2012

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

There are many reasons as to why they released the game while in rush. We can't just come here and say "It's because the team was split" since a) We don't have official proof that it happened and b) The Last of Us was in development since Uncharted 2 days so it isn't something new that the team was split up.

Exactamundo.

The Biggest Lies

Message 180 of 203 (5 Views)
0 Likes