Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 13 2011
By: Robsonmonkey Lombax Warrior 189 posts

Will people be honest about the Beta

49 replies 32 views Edited Jun 13, 2011

Just a question I've been asking myself since were getting closer and closer to the beta. Will people actualy be honest about how the multiplayer plays out. We've all had worries on here and I mean a lot which are easy enough to understand.

Medals seem easier to get which means Kickbacks will be easy to earn, it could make the map too chaotic.

Kickbacks like the creepy crawler, the teleport and spawn a RPG magicaly in your hands kickback seem to be a bit whacky for the online

Boosters like Come Here or For My Buddy which seem to share the same characteristics of situational awarenessthe retaliation booster, Power Hunters and Kickback Endurance seem a bit crazy and unfair. Plus we now get to improve the rank of the booster meaning the higher the rank the greater it is.

The Weapon customization unlocks could see low level/new players be killed over and over by higher leveled players by not skill but because they have way better things unlocked. Basicaly your winning on how powerfull your weapon/how good your boosters or kickbacks are.

See these are just a few things which might make Uncharted very unbalanced and turn the multiplayer into Uncharted:COD. I bet each individual on here have their own things they have spotted on the multiplayer videos that have them worried as well.

The point is will people be honest and admit that these things are in fact making the game not as fun as Uncharted 2, which felt like a breath of fresh air from other online games, and come on here and state their complaints with it. I know I will because the way I see it if your a real Uncharted fan you'll want ND to deliver the best possible multiplayer experience I mean we are the people who are going to be buying the game. For the people who say the same thing like "It's ND you have to trust them, if your really an uncharted fan you'll have faith" I'm sorry but just because ND are amazing dosen't mean they're always going to be right, they might think what they've created for the online is amazing but we might think or feel differently about it.

What I I don't want to see is people on here just putting up with it and pretend that they like it. ND will still have 5 months after the beta to change what people don't like and if we all don't like the changes maybe they will change it into something more like what we played in Uncharted 2, there could even be a classic mode as some people have suggested. I want Uncharted 3's multiplayer to be based on Skill like mostly of what Uncharted 2's was based on (except for that one hit close up shotgun).

It's better to admit theres something wrong before the game comes out rather then after when it's too late. We all know what happens when you change the online a few months after it comes out.

So will you be honest about the Beta ?

Message 7 of 50 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13525 posts

There will be a lot of people you probably shouldn't trus...

Jun 13, 2011

There will be a lot of people you probably shouldn't trust.

However I'm one of a select few here who will give an honest opinion without sugarcoating it. There are also a few other posters I'm aware will do the same.

Just take a look at posts from other threads and check for posters who make valid points and try to make the game better and look for people who do nothing but nod and agree :smileyhappy:

As it happens I'm not very positive about the beta at this point, but if it's awesome I have no problem admitting I'm wrong, if it sucks I have no problem saying I told you so either :smileytongue:

Message 1 of 50 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

I'm the same if it actually is amazing I will admit it st...

Jun 13, 2011

I'm the same if it actually is amazing I will admit it straight away

If it isn't then trust me I'll let it be known but the thing is you will get alot of people who will pretend to like it or how you said people will try to "sugarcoat" it to make the problems go away.

Message 2 of 50 (32 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1166 posts

Honesty is such a lonely word.

Jun 13, 2011

I'm hoping people will be honest, but I really hope people will be detailed.  Saying "Come Here sucks!!"  doesn't really cut it.  Multiple perspectives, noobs, casuals, hardcores, COD freaks, people who have played since day one, everyone will be offering their perspective.  I'm looking forward to it.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 50 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13525 posts

The problem is, a lot of forum users are afraid of postin...

Jun 13, 2011

The problem is, a lot of forum users are afraid of posting anything negative just incase they get banned :smileytongue:

I'll honestly probably come here and be constructive though, rather than saying it's absolute trash.

I already know I have two complaints after I play it, one being bunny hopping and other being current damage system (If it's the same as in the videos)

Message 4 of 50 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

I'm alittle nervous about some of the things you mentione...

Jun 13, 2011
I'm alittle nervous about some of the things you mentioned like kickbacks, but I've watched quite afew videos of people playing and while it does look like a fun different experience I hope it still feels like what I love about Uncharted ...
Message 5 of 50 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Fantastic post, Robsonmonkey. Good points well made.   I'...

Jun 13, 2011

Fantastic post, Robsonmonkey. Good points well made.

I've been 100% honest ever since UC3 was announced and I'll continue to be honest throughout the Beta stage and beyond.

Some people on these forums (not mentioning any names) take what they will call "whining and crying" (but what rational people call good, honest feedback and constructive criticism) far too personal, as if we're attacking Naughty Dog. I've even seen posts from people on here who are adament that those who do complain are just full of hatred and want to see Naughty Dog fail. That is such complete and utter nonsense.

At the end of the day, no matter which side of the fence you're on, or whether you're actually just sitting on the **bleep** thing, we're all here because we love Naughty Dog, we love the Uncharted series and we're all massive fans. What irks me the most about this place are the nodding, lovestruck dogs who feel they're a true, loyal and overall better fan of the game and/or company simply because they don't have a bad word to say. Ever heard of tough love? It's an old cliche but honesty is the best policy.   

If someone is being critical of the Beta, ninety-nine times out of a hundred it'll all be in good nature, and it's only because they want UC3 to be the best game possible.

If someone is constantly and blatently just attacking ND and the Beta for absolutely no reason, well that's fair enough, have at them. But don't take criticism so personally and allow people to voice their honest opinion without being sniped from all angles, which has been the case up until very recently.

Message 6 of 50 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

@JayLowe you really think 99% of the criticism will be in...

Jun 13, 2011
@JayLowe
you really think 99% of the criticism will be in good nature? on the internet? really?
Message 8 of 50 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Well, I have very, very rarely seen anyone (so far) simpl...

Jun 13, 2011

sFX_usa wrote:
@JayLowe
you really think 99% of the criticism will be in good nature? on the internet? really?

Well, I have very, very rarely seen anyone (so far) simply criticise the game or the company without giving good, solid reasons as to why. There's been criticism, sure, but like I said the vast majority of it has been constructive criticism and not simply a case of being critical just for the sake of it.

You can disagree with their criticism(s), of course, but so long as it's constructive and reasoned then you can't really question the nature of it.

I get where you're coming from with the whole "on the Internet" thing, but there a lot of good people on this forum, and again the vast majority of people are here because they love the game/company.

Message 9 of 50 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

I agree that a lot of people that are here now love the g...

Jun 13, 2011

JayLowe wrote:

sFX_usa wrote:
@JayLowe

Well, I have very, very rarely seen anyone (so far) simply criticise the game or the company without giving good, solid reasons as to why. There's been criticism, sure, but like I said the vast majority of it has been constructive criticism and not simply a case of being critical just for the sake of it.

You can disagree with their criticism(s), of course, but so long as it's constructive and reasoned then you can't really question the nature of it.

I get where you're coming from with the whole "on the Internet" thing, but there a lot of good people on this forum, and again the vast majority of people are here because they love the game/company.

I agree that a lot of people that are here now love the game and the company.

But once the beta is released this place will be flooded with haters and trolls.

from my experience, it's easy to find a forum filled with good reasonable people when you're monthes away from release.

quite different when you're nearing launch or have a demo/beta out.

Message 10 of 50 (32 Views)
0 Likes