Sackboy
595 posts

Well, we're nearing launch of the Beta, it's only two wee...

Jun 13, 2011

sFX_usa wrote:

JayLowe wrote:

sFX_usa wrote:
@JayLowe
you really think 99% of the criticism will be in good nature? on the internet? really?

Well, I have very, very rarely seen anyone (so far) simply criticise the game or the company without giving good, solid reasons as to why. There's been criticism, sure, but like I said the vast majority of it has been constructive criticism and not simply a case of being critical just for the sake of it.

You can disagree with their criticism(s), of course, but so long as it's constructive and reasoned then you can't really question the nature of it.

I get where you're coming from with the whole "on the Internet" thing, but there a lot of good people on this forum, and again the vast majority of people are here because they love the game/company.

I agree that a lot of people that are here now love the game and the company.

But once the beta is released this place will be flooded with haters and trolls.

from my experience, it's easy to find a forum filled with good reasonable people when you're monthes away from release.

quite different when you're nearing launch or have a demo/beta out.

Well, we're nearing launch of the Beta, it's only two weeks away, and a lot of videos/footage of the MP are now available after E3 and I haven't seen any blatent trolls or haters.

Message 11 of 50 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

I myself will be honest yes.  I am a very honest person,...

Jun 13, 2011

Robsonmonkey wrote:

Just a question I've been asking myself since were getting closer and closer to the beta. Will people actualy be honest about how the multiplayer plays out. We've all had worries on here and I mean a lot which are easy enough to understand.

Medals seem easier to get which means Kickbacks will be easy to earn, it could make the map too chaotic.

Kickbacks like the creepy crawler, the teleport and spawn a RPG magicaly in your hands kickback seem to be a bit whacky for the online

Boosters like Come Here or For My Buddy which seem to share the same characteristics of situational awarenessthe retaliation booster, Power Hunters and Kickback Endurance seem a bit crazy and unfair. Plus we now get to improve the rank of the booster meaning the higher the rank the greater it is.

The Weapon customization unlocks could see low level/new players be killed over and over by higher leveled players by not skill but because they have way better things unlocked. Basicaly your winning on how powerfull your weapon/how good your boosters or kickbacks are.

See these are just a few things which might make Uncharted very unbalanced and turn the multiplayer into Uncharted:COD. I bet each individual on here have their own things they have spotted on the multiplayer videos that have them worried as well.

The point is will people be honest and admit that these things are in fact making the game not as fun as Uncharted 2, which felt like a breath of fresh air from other online games, and come on here and state their complaints with it. I know I will because the way I see it if your a real Uncharted fan you'll want ND to deliver the best possible multiplayer experience I mean we are the people who are going to be buying the game. For the people who say the same thing like "It's ND you have to trust them, if your really an uncharted fan you'll have faith" I'm sorry but just because ND are amazing dosen't mean they're always going to be right, they might think what they've created for the online is amazing but we might think or feel differently about it.

What I I don't want to see is people on here just putting up with it and pretend that they like it. ND will still have 5 months after the beta to change what people don't like and if we all don't like the changes maybe they will change it into something more like what we played in Uncharted 2, there could even be a classic mode as some people have suggested. I want Uncharted 3's multiplayer to be based on Skill like mostly of what Uncharted 2's was based on (except for that one hit close up shotgun).

It's better to admit theres something wrong before the game comes out rather then after when it's too late. We all know what happens when you change the online a few months after it comes out.

So will you be honest about the Beta ?

I myself will be honest yes.  I am a very honest person, and cant stand it when others lie, so why would I?

I dont really think it will be all that important to lie about your opinion on the beta.  Some might agree, some might not.  I mean, just cuz 1 person doesnt give their proper opinion doesnt mean the game wont sell, or ND will change everything.

I think it's necessary for everyone to be 100% honest with ND about the beta, otherwise....how are they going to learn from their mistakes?  (like they should have from U2 to U3)

Message 12 of 50 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
534 posts

I just seriously hope if anything from the critisism they...

Jun 13, 2011

I just seriously hope if anything from the critisism they might recieve from the beta that they don't modify anything game breaking that a select few don't like.  Mainly the health.  I know a lot of people who got into UC2 after the patch and just adapted to the low health and probably think thats the way the game always was.  As long as that remains the same(the way it looks in UC3 MP videos) then I'm good.  If whatever they can do to change the game can be done in a seperate playlist i'm all for it.  They need to take a look at Halo Reach online.  Halo Reach has loads of playlists and has options for everyone.  People that don't like the new abilities and whatnot can play classic deathmatch(although its such a small number playing) and everything else is unaffected.  

Message 13 of 50 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
584 posts

I think wht NaughtyDog are scared of though is if they cr...

Jun 13, 2011

I think what NaughtyDog are scared of though is if they create a classic playlist more people will play that rather then the new playlist which they've worked their arses off

It makes me laugh though in interviews at E3 they say things along the lines of

"We listened to the fans while developing U3 multiplayer"

If that was the case I don't think this many people would be complaining.

Support Uncharted 4s Classic Mode

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-4-A-Thief-s-End/Uncharted-4-Multiplayer-CLASSIC-MODE-Please-Support/td-p/45451428
Message 14 of 50 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
534 posts

Well not that many people are complaining, I'm pretty sur...

Jun 13, 2011
Well not that many people are complaining, I'm pretty sure it just a few on here who are talking. Most people haven't said nothing since not that much people post here.
Message 15 of 50 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

I've already responded to this in another thread, but it...

Jun 13, 2011

Robsonmonkey wrote:

It makes me laugh though in interviews at E3 they say things along the lines of

"We listened to the fans while developing U3 multiplayer"

If that was the case I don't think this many people would be complaining.

I've already responded to this in another thread, but it gives a completely false perception to look at the amount of complaints on these forums.  For one thing, people like to complain much more than they like to praise.  If you look at any video game's official forums then you'll notice the complaints are much more abundant and apparent than the praise.  This is because people don't really feel the need to make numous posts on forums about how they love the game.  What would be the point?  They don't want anything changed so they won't persistantly post about their thoughts on the game.

When someone has a complaint, they like to post it over and over and over and over and over so they can get their point across and hopefully have an impact on the full game.  Its for this reason that complaints are so much more apparent than praise.  Sure, at first glance it looks like so many people are critisizing the game, but its a bit deceptive.  Are the masses really critizising it and complaining?

About 'listening to the fans', I'm just going to quote what I said in a different thread:

"Now, I feel the need to point this out since many people don't seem to understand.  Naughty Dog simply said they listened to their fans.  This may be a hard concept to grasp, but Naughty Dog Official Forums =/= All of Naughty Dog's Fans.  Naughty Dog have said in the past that they don't exclusively use these forums for feedback.  For some feedback?  Sure.  But not all.  That would be bad, since these forums are in general very biased towards Uncharted 2.  Most people who join the official forums of a developer are obviously a huge fan of the previously released game.  Otherwise they wouldn't waste their time discussing it greatly.  Many of the people on these forums loved UC2 and didn't want UC3 to change much at all.  They wanted UC2.5.  

Moving on, fans of the series who aren't fanboys or maybe just those who thought the multiplayer had potential but didn't deliver may have had much different requests for UC3 than the general requests of the fans on these forums.  If Naughty Dog looked at feedback from other forums with UC2 subsections, twitter, facebook or maybe even just comments in youtube videos of UC2 then they may have seen things such as "UC2 was fun but got old fast.  Needs more customization and more varied gameplay" (I made that quote very specific for an easy example).

We here at these ND forums have a very small idea of what the community as a whole wants.  We're only a small portion of it after all.  We see threads on these forums such as the "UC3 suggestions thread" and look at the responses as the only thing that the entire community wants.  This is an entirely wrong perception.  Uncharted 2 had a huge fanbase and only a small portion of it voices their concerns here.  Take a look at the comments on one of Uncharted 3's multiplayer videos and you'll see almost entirely positive responses.

If Naughty Dog spent a lot of time on other Uncharted forums and really listed to all of their fans (not just the one's here) then they know a hell of a lot more on what the fanbase wants than we do.  We get the wrong idea when only looking at feedback on these specific forums (I'm obviously mainly talking to the people who only discuss Uncharted on these forums alone)."

---

Now, as for being honest about the beta, I will be.  I may seem like I'm defending the game like a blind fanboy, but I'm merely defending it because it seems fair to try it out before complaining so much.  That, and I'm happy with most of the features and gameplay I've seen so far.

Also you have to note that once the beta comes out, if you do see people defending the game and praising features that others don't like that doesn't mean their dishonest blind fanboys, it could just mean that they truely like the feature.

If I come back here on the 28th and say that Medal Kickbacks and Power plays are the best additions to MP, am I being dishonest?  Who knows? (well, ..I would).  No matter how much someone's opinion differs from yours (and other's), it doesn't mean they're wrong.

Message 16 of 50 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

This has been kind of on my mind as well, and it's an int...

Jun 13, 2011

This has been kind of on my mind as well, and it's an interesting thought. Will those defending the game at every turn claim to like it, even if they don't, simply so they won't end up being "wrong?"? Will those offering up criticism over all aspects continue holding that ground, even if they actually like it?

I would certainly hope our forum community isn't that petty, or immature. I myself have never been one to be dishonest, especially in regards to my opinion(s) on a given game. This situation included. I am going to give my subsequent beta feedback exactly how it is, be it positive, or negative. I trust many of the posters here to do the same.

Like a couple people have said, none of the critics are just lurking to hate the game for all it is. We all want to like it, that's why we're here. And I am truly hoping that we all will, in the end.

And I hope the excited crowd ends up enjoying it just as much as they had hoped. It's all up in the air until we actually get our hands on the thing, really.

Objective, honest feedback is absolutely crucial, especially following a beta, so I really hope we won't disappoint in that respect.

Message 17 of 50 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

I actually firmly believe that everyone is already being...

Jun 13, 2011

I actually firmly believe that everyone is already being completely honest - I think it is just that people hold widely varying opinions on things dependent on preference and gaming style etc.

Message 18 of 50 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Funny because it’s kind of true. People should feel free...

Jun 13, 2011

I always have and always will be honest regarding UC2/UC3. If I think something is great, I will praise it. If I think it's bad, I'll criticize it. If it's in between I'll list the pro's and cons. I'll never bad mouth something for the sake of bad mouthing. I think that’s pretty cut and dry.

I suggest others do the same, and from what I've seen we have a very honest and sincere group of people on these forums. I hope that continues as more join in the coming weeks/months.
Voicing concerns and constructive criticisms during and after the beta is vital to helping ND tweak and balance the game properly. That is after all, what betas are for.

Aureilia wrote:

The problem is, a lot of forum users are afraid of posting anything negative just incase they get banned :smileytongue:

Funny because it’s kind of true. People should feel free to post legitimate objections without others ridiculing them because they believe everything ND does is gold. Believe it or not you can still love ND, love Uncharted, and be completely honest at the same time.

In many ways, I think these sincere critics care the most. They're willing to put aside any bias and be neutral. 

Anyway, my  .

Message 19 of 50 (30 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1261 posts

Im sure everybody will have something to say about the be...

Jun 13, 2011

Im sure everybody will have something to say about the beta, there are going to be alot of arguments. I just hope they're logical.

Message 20 of 50 (30 Views)
0 Likes