Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
462 posts

Jun 13, 2011

REALMAN_PERSON wrote:

I always have and always will be honest regarding UC2/UC3. If I think something is great, I will praise it. If I think it's bad, I'll criticize it. If it's in between I'll list the pro's and cons. I'll never bad mouth something for the sake of bad mouthing. I think that’s pretty cut and dry.

I suggest others do the same, and from what I've seen we have a very honest and sincere group of people on these forums. I hope that continues as more join in the coming weeks/months.
Voicing concerns and constructive criticisms during and after the beta is vital to helping ND tweak and balance the game properly. That is after all, what betas are for.

Aureilia wrote:

The problem is, a lot of forum users are afraid of posting anything negative just incase they get banned :smileytongue:

Funny because it’s kind of true. People should feel free to post legitimate objections without others ridiculing them because they believe everything ND does is gold. Believe it or not you can still love ND, love Uncharted, and be completely honest at the same time.

In many ways, I think these sincere critics care the most. They're willing to put aside any bias and be neutral. 

Anyway, my  .

That one kinda bugs me.
What makes you think that the people who love the changes are being anything other then completly honest?
talk about being biased.
I think there was a post earlier in this thread about how those who like the changes kinda look down on those who don't,
boasting how bigger fans they are etc.
I'm thinking maybe both sides have that problem.

EDIT

I have no idea why it's typing in such spaces. 

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 50 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Sure, I'll be honest and I'll post my comments here on ND...

Jun 13, 2011

Sure, I'll be honest and I'll post my comments here on ND Forums because for me that's the main point of a beta, unless a dev is calling their "demo" a "beta" just to get people hyped about the game...but I hope it's not ND case and the demo will really serve a purpose of improving the game before release.

I share the exact same concerns than you, all for the sake of balance/fairness.  I don't want to play the exact same game than U2, I'm all in for improvements but I want these improvements to still keep the importance of skills

And I really hate this tendency for online games these days to give better weapons/boosters/arsenal to high-levels, IMO this could be great in cooperatives game modes only, not in competitives ones.

But I'll try to stay open at the same time to these things that worries me so far for the balance of the game because ND deserve to have a chance, after all they gave me the game I spent the most time on since 15 years so...!  :smileyhappy:  The game's mechanics/graphics/animations are SO GREAT...  ...and that's precisely why I don't want it to turn like a generic online competitive game like COD...  :smileysad:   ...so ND must not take our comments negatively even if they worked a lot on all these new things, we just really want to love the game and play it for a long time and buy U4 if there is one one day.  :smileyhappy:  (or any other ND title)

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 50 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Jesus it get's under my skin when people refernce UC3 to...

Jun 13, 2011

Jesus it get's under my skin when people refernce UC3 to CoD. Only thing that come's close to CoD is the customizing which the general public want's. Reguardless if their on the forum's or not.

And don't even bring up metalkick back's are like kill streak's considering they are just a 1 time use deal. Other then that 1 fact it's NOTHING like CoD.

And as far as fun factor goes. UC2 was fun to a extent, but I know me personally I got bored of doing the same thing all the time. Start, Multiplayer, wait for it to connect, ok, matchmaking, find match. Then run around and look for people to kill. And fight over weapons. It just get's boring after awhile reguardless if it was old health system or not. But atlest on UC3 you have more toy's to play with.

And this game will still take the exect same skill involved in any shooters. Which is reaction time, how steedy you can keep your crosshair's on a moving target, and knowning your surroundings. So saying these change's noob the game up is idiotic because it is in the core the same game.

UC2 was just what shooter's used to be like back on the PS2 which they needed to upgrade. If you want to play classic game's like that go play timesplitter's or something to that effect.

Fact is just like anything else, human's hate change. You grow to love how simple a game is, then a new one comes out that step's outside the box and expand to more possabiltiys and everybody nitpick's on it and complain's about it even before they have a chance to play it.

Only advice I can give is stop making post's about complaining about the booster's (which you should just be happy SA isn't in the game), kickbacks, and powerplay's untill you play the beta. Because right now it don't do anything because ND isn't going to do anything untill they have player's getting first hand experince with their new style before they change anything.

And 4 month's isn't enough time to do any drastic change's to a game's multiplayer section or rework anything completely. So if you play the beta and don't like it then my only suggestion is don't play the game.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - HoorawrFatChicks
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 50 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2754 posts

Ill be honest.  But as of right now i think the game will...

Jun 13, 2011

Ill be honest.  But as of right now i think the game will be fun.   If it isn't incredible, than naughty dog would be seen as a company who doesn't know what they're doing in regards to MP.  Evidence of this would be 1.04 to 1.05, and them hyping the game up so much (which they should), while saying the listened to the community who definately asked for SA to be branched out into different categories.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - teffyz
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 50 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

@HoorawrFatChicks So basicaly what your saying is that ND...

Jun 14, 2011

@HoorawrFatChicks

So basicaly what your saying is that ND can't do drastic changes and if we don't like it we shouldn't play it

Oh it dosen't matter guys HoorawrFatChicks is basicaly telling us that we shouldn't complain and if we don't like the changes we should get lost

By the way Situational awareness kind of is in the game....in three forms I think

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 50 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

I will be honest for sure, but as of right now, I have no...

Jun 14, 2011

I will be honest for sure, but as of right now, I have nothing good or bad to say about it because I havent played it yet. I am reserving my opinions for when i actually experience the game. 

Post Script.. As many times as I have seen people complain about S.A., I have never heard anyone defend it. Yet I  always see people using it, at least one in every match I play. 

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 50 (8 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
682 posts

actually, you can use them more than once in a match. the...

Jun 14, 2011

HoorawrFatChicks wrote:

And don't even bring up metalkick back's are like kill streak's considering they are just a 1 time use deal. Other then that 1 fact it's NOTHING like CoD.

actually, you can use them more than once in a match. the way they work, as described by arne, is that you preselect one before the match, then once you obtain the number of medals required for that kickback, you cannot get a higher number of medals to stack them or anything.

if it is say 7, once you reach 7, you will have 7 until you use said kickback, even if you acquire 50 more medals before you use it, it will still only say 7 and once you use it, it goes back down to zero to start from scratch again.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePattyCakeChamp
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 50 (8 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Yeah the thing that has me slightly worried is the chance...

Jun 14, 2011

LEAFBLOWER wrote:

HoorawrFatChicks wrote:

actually, you can use them more than once in a match. the way they work, as described by arne, is that you preselect one before the match, then once you obtain the number of medals required for that kickback, you cannot get a higher number of medals to stack them or anything.

if it is say 7, once you reach 7, you will have 7 until you use said kickback, even if you acquire 50 more medals before you use it, it will still only say 7 and once you use it, it goes back down to zero to start from scratch again.

Yeah the thing that has me slightly worried is the chance that someone can cash in a bunch of Medal Kickbacks during a match. From the MP game play I saw from E3 I noticed on numerous occasions people picking up treasure drops of 3 Medals towards the Medal Kickback.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 50 (8 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
682 posts

yea i saw that as well, im just hoping more powerful kick...

Jun 14, 2011

starkraven wrote:

LEAFBLOWER wrote:

HoorawrFatChicks wrote:

Yeah the thing that has me slightly worried is the chance that someone can cash in a bunch of Medal Kickbacks during a match. From the MP game play I saw from E3 I noticed on numerous occasions people picking up treasure drops of 3 Medals towards the Medal Kickback.

yea i saw that as well, im just hoping more powerful kickbacks such as the rpg will cost something closer to like 15 medals so it actually takes longer to earn and possibly of only getting one, maybe two if you are having an astounding match

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePattyCakeChamp
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 50 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7102 posts

Really? You think this will be a problem?  Let me remind...

Jun 14, 2011

Aureilia wrote:

The problem is, a lot of forum users are afraid of posting anything negative just incase they get banned :smileytongue:

I'll honestly probably come here and be constructive though, rather than saying it's absolute trash.

I already know I have two complaints after I play it, one being bunny hopping and other being current damage system (If it's the same as in the videos)

Really? You think this will be a problem? 

Let me remind you, this isn't UC2, and the game will be designed around the damage system, so you shouldn't be even thinking about complaining, until you play the beta. This really annoys me...

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 50 (8 Views)
0 Likes