I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Re: ND has alienated the UCYT community :(

Mar 14, 2013

Agreed. I'd love to put my Loadout series on there, but there's no way I can cut it down to 3 mins.

I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... Smiley Sad
Message 11 of 34 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Mar 15, 2013

The 3 minute rule means new refreshing videos can have a chance of getting on there.

It's a good thing, and these people complaining.. The solution is rather simple.

Cut your video down. If need be do it in parts.

Message 12 of 34 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2449 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

The 3 minute video length seems fair to me. If you can't meet the requirment trim it or forget about posting it. Simple.

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 13 of 34 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

The 3 minute rule means new refreshing videos can have a chance of getting on there.

It's a good thing, and these people complaining.. The solution is rather simple.

parts? that's even worse because then some youtubers have more videos on there than others. Though that happens anyway, that's pretty unfair/selfish.

Not to mention that it's redundant. Why partition when the whole thing can just be up in one go?

Cutter
Message 14 of 34 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Nanashi707 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

parts? that's even worse because then some youtubers have more videos on there than others. Though that happens anyway, that's pretty unfair/selfish.

Not to mention that it's redundant. Why partition when the whole thing can just be up in one go?

I don't make the rules.

Plus I certainly don't want to watch 5+ minutes of wack and rolling and laggers on some best plays video.

3 minutes = more quality gets shown between matches.

Message 15 of 34 (254 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 15, 2013
@Aute's right. I'm not sitting through a lengthy clan battle/PoTW.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 16 of 34 (252 Views)
Fender Bender
2449 posts

Mar 15, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
@Aute's right. I'm not sitting through a lengthy clan battle/PoTW.

lol exactly

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 17 of 34 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7102 posts

Mar 15, 2013

UCTV(uncharted thoughts excluded) is even more garbage now. I mean sure it wasn't good before with tons of BPOTW but at LEAST they were quality ones(I use that term loosely), and now we get a bunch of generic BPOTW from several different people whose vids are horribly over editted and probably worse than the big names we had on before.

We also have pointless vids like the Chloe Frazer zombie thing? and a harlem...shake...video really?!?

I mean I used to pay attention to UCTV like 30% of the time...now I pay attention to it like 5% of the time...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 18 of 34 (237 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Mar 15, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

UCTV(uncharted thoughts excluded) is even more garbage now. I mean sure it wasn't good before with tons of BPOTW but at LEAST they were quality ones(I use that term loosely), and now we get a bunch of generic BPOTW from several different people whose vids are horribly over editted and probably worse than the big names we had on before.

We also have pointless vids like the Chloe Frazer zombie thing? and a harlem...shake...video really?!?

I mean I used to pay attention to UCTV like 30% of the time...now I pay attention to it like 5% of the time...

Yeah.. Tell me about it. I made a nice video teaching newbies how to play co-op. Yet because I tell ND how their game is they wont put any vid I make on there.

Wont be long before they go under with business ethics like that. Personal grudges are frowned upon when it comes to making the right or wrong decisions.

Basically anyone who has said U3 is bad. They will never ever.. EEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVER... get on there.. and if they have been on there and then said something.. They will never... Evvvvveeeeer... get on there... Again.

Sorry. I'm watching some dude do that on tv.. LOL

Message 19 of 34 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

3 minutes = more quality gets shown between matches.

But who's to say 4 minutes necessarily means bad quality? or 5? or 6? so on... Not to mention people can still fit a OF THE WEEK/TOP WHATEVER if they just use less clips. So instead of a 5 minute top ten plays you get a 3 minute top 5 plays (hypothetical) that extra 2 minutes makes no difference for someone who doesn't want to see these videos because they will skip it either way. Regardless of it it's at the 2 minute mark or at the 4 minute mark. Shortening the time doesn't necessarily fix that. The proof is in the fact that A) there is currently a top plays vid on UCTV and B) people still submit them by the bucket load only in line with the three minute limitation.

Cutter
Message 20 of 34 (218 Views)
0 Likes