Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Re: ND has alienated the UCYT community :(

Mar 16, 2013

Nanashi707 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

3 minutes = more quality gets shown between matches.

But who's to say 4 minutes necessarily means bad quality? or 5? or 6? so on... Not to mention people can still fit a OF THE WEEK/TOP WHATEVER if they just use less clips. So instead of a 5 minute top ten plays you get a 3 minute top 5 plays (hypothetical) that extra 2 minutes makes no difference for someone who doesn't want to see these videos because they will skip it either way. Regardless of it it's at the 2 minute mark or at the 4 minute mark. Shortening the time doesn't necessarily fix that. The proof is in the fact that A) there is currently a top plays vid on UCTV and B) people still submit them by the bucket load only in line with the three minute limitation.

I didn't actually say that longer videos don't have as much quality.

What I meant was.

3 minutes, more quality videos = more people get a share of the views before matches. It's just more fair towards others in general who have been listed on UCTV, if it was my decision I'd go as low as 2 minutes.

Community videos however should be revamped to include these videos longer than 2 minutes, that section is full of garbage and could be vastly improved.

Message 21 of 34 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Re: ND has alienated the UCYT community :(

Mar 20, 2013

well they don't actually get a view that transfers over to youtube so who cares, and further, if they're only going to be short videos you're essentially going to hit the "crap I've seen all these videos already" mark quicker in the "cycle" of UCTV vids.

You're right about community videos section, that would be a great way to revamp it, but the gap between how much views each will get will be phenomenal. UCTV is always on and you can't even toggle it off permanently. Community Videos is hidden in menus, therefore putting a video there would be death anyway. It should just be removed altogether.

Cutter
Message 22 of 34 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Re: ND has alienated the UCYT community >:(

Mar 21, 2013
^Are you sure the videos don't get views?

I think they are embedded and not actually uploaded onto UCTV so the views could potentially count, look at Pete's channel for example; the difference of views of the videos not on UCTV and the views of the ones on UCTV.

It would be interesting if Pete could share the Analytics of his YT videos that got on UTV so that we can see where the views came from (External Source vs actual video on YouTube)

*Also, i think you can toggle off permanently if you do it in LAN , that's what most people do to save the settings because it always switches Smiley Sad

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 23 of 34 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
419 posts

Mar 21, 2013
I'm mainly annoyed with certain videos that have been up there for about a month now. That Double Rampant video for example, has been up there for at least a month now, if not more. Others videos too like the Sniping n' Stuff montage. While it is good, seeing the same stuff up there for weeks that aren't tutorial related get stale.

Just make exceptions for tutorials and other specific videos if they are really good.
Message 24 of 34 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 21, 2013
@Nanashi people get tired of it. Trolls also have to "spice it up" and whatnot.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 25 of 34 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Mar 21, 2013

and he said I have no life #exposed

Cutter
Message 26 of 34 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 21, 2013
Honestly I don't think trolls are worth bothering. It's cooler to "tune them out" and stuff. They still have freedom to speak, anyway.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 27 of 34 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Mar 21, 2013

much in the way ND tuned us out, yes I agree.

Cutter
Message 28 of 34 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Mar 21, 2013
seriously though, the combined whining of you people plus the youtube community is going create a torrent of sad that will wash across the UC community.

also, the thread sucks.

brb calling the WAHmbulance.
Message 29 of 34 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 21, 2013
Wambulance? Cool story. Anyway...

ND didn't tune you out all the time anyway, from what I see. People got Classic mode, for the expense of HC.
Message 30 of 34 (194 Views)
0 Likes