Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Re: Worst multiplayer experience of all time

Apr 18, 2013

Smudge228 wrote:

I 'recon a competitive match making system like Ratchet and clank FFA would work best, acting as a kind of expansion on the tournament system. basically kills, deaths, wins losses are averaged out by adding or removing from a 'skill score' type thing. each match everything you do will affect the 'skill points' earned at the end and these will be added or taken from your total. there would be different catagories at set intervals of points which would serve to seperate players into 'bands' based on skill (similar to the exsisting tournament bands) rather than level meaning low skilled players would never have to face the hardcore player base as the band difference would be large enough that the two pools would never mix. scince score dynamically goes up or down after every match, a fluke match would barely affect the score as if the player proceeded to score well next match his score would return to similar to where it was previously.
did I explain that well? I feel like I overcomplicated it...

I love that game & all Ratchet games I don't think that would work very well with UC3 though as someone stated using the KDR would be a better solution with the option for a Ping filter toggle.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

One can easily see your points.

I  cant say its the worst experience, but more like most frustrating experience.

The thing is, I don't believe its even 50% ND's fault.

The current system isn't really fair to anyone no matter what you do.

Lets look at it.

Your a new player maybe even free to play.

With the current system you get placed against all levels of players many of which have a ton of experience.

Now your gonna get stomped, but you try to do your best and still get ridiculed by even your own team mates that are

high levels that aren't partied up.

You a good player playing solo.

You most likely get stuck with no-partied players and free to play players.

You are now the one who has to hold up the team.

Your frustrated at your team, match making, getting killed by power weapons you cant get to, the other team

is getting medal after medal pounding the newbies on your team.

Then they have the tournament system designed to keep you out of parties only to place you with players that cause you

to loose the match even if you go 20-0.

Your a seasoned player playing free to play.

You decide you don't want your stats to count and play free to play.

Now you have experience but you don't want the serious game play you would have

if you where on an account that you cared about. Essentially you want to play for fun.

Now you will play more risky, goof off some, and not take it serious.

You want to just have fun but you also get to make it unfair to the players playing that are

trying to have good stats.

Your a party of 5 seasoned players.

This is the best scenario.

You, do to free to play players get to noob stomp a fair amount of time.

Heck you can even do the lobby (see who your gonna play glitch) and choose to only play newbies.

Its a pretty sad dilemma.

You can pretty much thank those players making second accts. just to newbie stomp on U2.

This was the fix.

In the long run it only ****ed the whole community as a whole.

I bet the person that created the first 2nd acct thought, I aint hurting no one.

It always causes a chain reaction.

Heck even in battle field we have the players that know they lag on servers waaaaaay outside of their region.

Guess what now everyone is trying to lag on servers all over the world to exploit lag comp.

ND's hands are tied, they fix it some one will try to exploit what ever the out come is.

We have to start with us.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 18 (284 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 18, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

One can easily see your points.

I  cant say its the worst experience, but more like most frustrating experience.

The thing is, I don't believe its even 50% ND's fault.

The current system isn't really fair to anyone no matter what you do.

Lets look at it.

Your a new player maybe even free to play.

With the current system you get placed against all levels of players many of which have a ton of experience.

Now your gonna get stomped, but you try to do your best and still get ridiculed by even your own team mates that are

high levels that aren't partied up.

You a good player playing solo.

You most likely get stuck with no-partied players and free to play players.

You are now the one who has to hold up the team.

Your frustrated at your team, match making, getting killed by power weapons you cant get to, the other team

is getting medal after medal pounding the newbies on your team.

Then they have the tournament system designed to keep you out of parties only to place you with players that cause you

to loose the match even if you go 20-0.

Your a seasoned player playing free to play.

You decide you don't want your stats to count and play free to play.

Now you have experience but you don't want the serious game play you would have

if you where on an account that you cared about. Essentially you want to play for fun.

Now you will play more risky, goof off some, and not take it serious.

You want to just have fun but you also get to make it unfair to the players playing that are

trying to have good stats.

Your a party of 5 seasoned players.

This is the best scenario.

You, do to free to play players get to noob stomp a fair amount of time.

Heck you can even do the lobby (see who your gonna play glitch) and choose to only play newbies.

Its a pretty sad dilemma.

You can pretty much thank those players making second accts. just to newbie stomp on U2.

This was the fix.

In the long run it only ****ed the whole community as a whole.

I bet the person that created the first 2nd acct thought, I aint hurting no one.

It always causes a chain reaction.

Heck even in battle field we have the players that know they lag on servers waaaaaay outside of their region.

Guess what now everyone is trying to lag on servers all over the world to exploit lag comp.

ND's hands are tied, they fix it some one will try to exploit what ever the out come is.

We have to start with us.

which is why they should get rid of level based matching & revert back to the previous one.

The legacy system is to be blamed more than anything so yes it's ND's fault mostly.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 18 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Apr 19, 2013

oh I hate the lag and when there is no connection (the white plug). Also, climbing can be a hassle

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10013 posts

Apr 20, 2013
Me and Alluboy played TO yesterday. There was this guy using the infamous RoF M9 (still cool) while lagging (okay) and taunted me every time because I kept sniping him (YOU GODDAMN **bleep**.)
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
473 posts

Apr 21, 2013
I didnt even need to read this to know you need my guidance in at least being decent in the game.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10013 posts

Apr 21, 2013
IDK. We might lag. I lag with almost everyone I play with. :smileysad:
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Apr 24, 2013
@ Zidane_Finito..

Thanks for your comments and compliment. It was certainly not my intention to pat ND on the back but rather to be somewhat conciliatory. My post was an attempt to demonstrate my belief that in the long run (and in most cases), more can be gained by being diplomatic than by being nasty. I’ll be the first to admit that strategy does not always work .

I have played a lot of Uncharted but I am a relative newcomer to competitive multiplayer (the last six months, maybe?) so I think my frustration with it is not nearly as acute as much of the community (but I certainly understand). Overwhelmingly, my MP experience is with coop where there are issues but they’re not even in the same league as competitive. I very rarely play any competitive with fewer than 3 people in a party and even then, roughly half the matches border on intolerable (my two biggest pet peeves – chronic blindfirers and laggers).

As have many on the forums, I’ve concluded that UC3 is pretty much in its final form. I keep posting here in the hopes that ND is still listening and will take our suggestions “under advisement” for future development. I choose to be as constructive and reasonable as I can in the hopes that it will stand out. Hopefully, my faith is borne out and rewarded with The Last of Us and the next Uncharted installment (assuming we get one).
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (148 Views)
0 Likes