Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 15 2013
By: neverbelow Treasure Hunter 4560 posts

Ye Olde Freezy Quarter

44 replies 647 views Edited Feb 15, 2013
There's something wrong with this map. We've dubbed it Freeze Quarter. I've had U3 freeze a lot but this map is the worst offender.
Message 1 of 45 (647 Views)
Fender Bender
3538 posts

Re: Ye Olde Freezy Quarter

Feb 15, 2013

Museum is my freeze map.

Pretty sure lots of people have 'that' map.

I've heard of a couple+ people having this problem with chateau.

Do you feel me?

Message 2 of 45 (624 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2276 posts

Feb 15, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
There's something wrong with this map. We've dubbed it Freeze Quarter. I've had U3 freeze a lot but this map is the worst offender.

actually now that you mention it, it does happen a lot more frequently on Old Quarter than any other maps (excluding LU & airport with intros) when it does happen on Old Quarter it is similiar to LU and airport where most people get DC or their ps3s freeze (i once saw 8 people leave the match at the same time, 4 of them were on my friends list so i saw them all sign off, some were half way through talking ... i froze about 10 seconds later lol)

Message 3 of 45 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 15, 2013

I haven't noticed any freezes... do you have a Phat PS3?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 4 of 45 (611 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2276 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

why yes i do, but some of the people i was playing with (and also froze) had the skinny one so...

are you saying that you have never froze while playing u3?!:smileysurprised:

Message 5 of 45 (605 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 15, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

why yes i do, but some of the people i was playing with (and also froze) had the skinny one so...

are you saying that you have never froze while playing u3?!:smileysurprised:

It's very rare... I have to be playing for like 8 hours or more.

Freezing can happen in various maps. I haven't noticed anything strange in Old Quarter in particular (apart from having very elaborate graphics and that could stress old consoles).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 6 of 45 (601 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
770 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Somehow... or maybe I don't play enough of UC3, I don't have a lot of freeze issues. Hardly any a.ctually. I have played enough to notice some by now if there were but nope, none. I had the Train Wreck freeze for UC2 and I still have it. I am still scared of going around the heroes side of the wrecked spawn point. I freeze there 8/10 times.

I have never had that in UC3.

-RyukDG

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TheRyukDG || My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/TheRyukDG
Message 7 of 45 (571 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3641 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Yeah, this map is probably the worst offender for me. Although, cinemas typically cause the most issues in my experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRZiivJHkVg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Message 8 of 45 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6008 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Although small, my problems with the game are all over the place. I got it on release date and played it plenty, when I compare the disc to my others, it looks all warped and feels more flimsy than my other PS3 discs.

From time to time, textures stay blurry, characters in the lobby take several minutes to load, and some visuals tend to look waaaay to shiny in maps, menus, etc..

For example one time I was on chataeu, and all the characters looked shiny, as well as the ground and walls having a purple like coating all over the place. It didn't impact the gameplay and only lasted that 1 match, but it was weird...

photo Sniper.png
Message 9 of 45 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 15, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

1) Although small, my problems with the game are all over the place. I got it on release date and played it plenty, when I compare the disc to my others, it looks all warped and feels more flimsy than my other PS3 discs.

2) From time to time, textures stay blurry, characters in the lobby take several minutes to load, and some visuals tend to look waaaay to shiny in maps, menus, etc..

For example one time I was on chataeu, and all the characters looked shiny, as well as the ground and walls having a purple like coating all over the place. It didn't impact the gameplay and only lasted that 1 match, but it was weird...

1) All dual-layer discs have a warped, rainbow-ish pattern. It's perfectly normal. I don't understand why people freak out. :smileyindifferent:

You don't have other DL games? Killzone 3, God of War 3, Resistance 3... just to name a few.

2) That sounds a problem with your Blu-Ray drive. It's probably on its last legs.

Message 10 of 45 (527 Views)
0 Likes