Mar 26 2013
By: awsome_robot Wastelander 724 posts

Yuan Fish Gold

9 replies 361 views Edited Mar 26, 2013
How rare is this treasure? I've been playing co-op arena (all difficulties) for over a year without getting this treasure. My other 2 co-op buddies are going through the same thing...
I've tried every map, difficulty, a bit of farming (got boring) and a little of hunter-arena (also got boring). Those that do remember where and how they got it, please share your story, maybe there might be something or anything that can help (and yes, I know they are "random"). Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (361 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17688 posts

Re: Yuan Fish Gold

Mar 26, 2013
It's definitely one of the rarer ones. Keep playing Hunter and you will eventually get it.

Trust me; Hunter will eventually get you every single Arena/Hunter Arena treasure, whether you enjoy the mode or not.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Just play Hunter, the odds are much, MUCH better for the so-called rares there.  With regard to specific map searching, I thought my final treasure (Ruby Gilt Tara) would be something I picked up on Sanctuary or Fort, but then I ended up plucking it from a chest on Museum.  That was actually the second time a Hunter chest completed a set for me, the first being Vagabond when I snatched the Snuff Bottle in Lost City.

The odds for treasures go something like this:

Arena - Common first, somewhat common tweeners, ungodly rare last

Hunter - Common first, leaning-towards-rare tweeners, somewhat common last

ND specifically rigged it this way so you'd have a reason to play both Hunter and Arena (Hunter for the final, Arena for the middle(s)).  If you're actually masochistic enough to try completing all treasures through Arena, it's possible, but clearly not how you're supposed to do it.

Oh, but if you want any good news, Normal Arena/Shade Survival does give rare treasure: Hard and Crushing are just for money, medals and challenge, hence why the drop odds don't increase.  This is probably an extension of the fact that Hunter is set to Normal difficulty, hence also why Hunter inherited the Team Safe Silver effect when that was added to Normal.  Sadly, Shade Survival odds are no better than Arena's.

One last thing (that may not apply to you): Lost Pendants and the Incan sets follow Hunter rules in all modes and difficulties, so there are no shortcuts with them.  Thankfully LP is one of the game's most common sets, and because of these mistakes, all four of these treasure sets can be completed entirely on Easy.  Nothing else will drop its final treasure on that difficulty.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (336 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Mar 27, 2013
Hunter is such an excruciating mode though.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2192 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Harold-Da-Man wrote:
Hunter is such an excruciating mode though.

yet it's the best way to find rare treasures... there will be a double xp weekend coming soon, if they haven't changed it, it should be from March 31st - April 2nd (Easter), you should try then, it might be a rare treasure drop weekend as well (just like the previous double xp weekends)

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Yeah,my last treasure was really hard,it took months.I thought i´ve never get it but you must keep trying.If you ´re not lucky with chests,try focusing on kills.My last treasure was a kill:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
21 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

I've completed all the Co-Op Arena Treasure sets. The last 2 rare treasures that I needed were for Tablot's Cowboy Hat & Sully's Fedora. And I just got Sully's Fedora in the last 2 weeks.

You should really play Co-Op Hunter Arena if you are looking for the "Rare" or last treasure in the set.

I've gotten every "Rare" Treasure in Co-Op Arena from just playing it since the game came out (on & off) excluding the "Rare" treasure for Elena's Cat Ears. I've played over 1000 Co-Op Arena games so I don't recommend doing it this way.

Whereas, I got the Cat Ears after a few games of Hunter Arena. From off the top of my head, the chances of getting a "Rare" Treasure in Co-Op Arena feels like 0.025%. You barely ever get these in Co-Op Arena. Even if you do ge ta "Rare" treasure in Co-Op Arena it's usually one you already have such as the last one for Chole's Winter Hat.

In Co-Op Arena, I've only gotten the "Rare" treasures to most sets once, but multiple times in Hunter Arena.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
547 posts

Mar 27, 2013

awsome_robot wrote:
How rare is this treasure? I've been playing co-op arena (all difficulties) for over a year without getting this treasure. My other 2 co-op buddies are going through the same thing...
I've tried every map, difficulty, a bit of farming (got boring) and a little of hunter-arena (also got boring). Those that do remember where and how they got it, please share your story, maybe there might be something or anything that can help (and yes, I know they are "random"). Thanks.

I've found this treasure only twice and both times it was in a Hunter Arena match on Museum. My first time getting it was from a chest and I think I've also got it fom a kill as a villain.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11024 posts

Mar 27, 2013
Like everyone said, play Hunter all day...
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
724 posts

Mar 27, 2013
I guess I'll have to stick with hunter arena. Thanks to all who replied... if indeed it is a rare treasure drop weekend, it'll be a nice motivation to "grind" it out.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (190 Views)
0 Likes