Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
559 posts

Re: Zoomed in booster

May 30, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Well I've been playing TO for the past few days and haven't seen anyone leveling boosters, well any that have negatively impacted the game that is.

Although I never really saw that problem in TO, seems like its bigger in plunder which I still refuse to play...

A bigger question is why people care about other people leveling up boosters in these modes....

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 11 of 19 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5988 posts

May 30, 2013

Sitrongr wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Well I've been playing TO for the past few days and haven't seen anyone leveling boosters, well any that have negatively impacted the game that is.

Although I never really saw that problem in TO, seems like its bigger in plunder which I still refuse to play...

A bigger question is why people care about other people leveling up boosters in these modes....

Because it detracts from what the game mode is meant to be as. If 1 or 2 guys on your team spend the whole match hiding in a corner for stealth kills or in a tower trying to snipe instead of carrying the idol/capping a hill. Then that will seriously be detrimental to your team and most likely cause your team to lose, or draw the game out unneccesarrily longer than it needs to be.

I don't mind people leveling these boosters in these modes, hell I did it too and i'm all gold now, but when they do it in such a way that they purposely TK, draw out the match longer, or don't help with the objective whatsoever; then it becomes a problem.

photo Sniper.png
Message 12 of 19 (218 Views)
Fender Bender
2132 posts

May 30, 2013
@Sitrongr

Heroes Team
~Two players playing the objective.
~Three players farming and avoiding the objectives to level up boosters.

Villains Team
~Five players playing the objectives.

Who will win? It's a no brainer. For my sake, I don't care if people level up boosters on the opposing team, it will make the game long and boring, and I'll feel bad for the people on that team who want to win, but in short, you'll be giving me a free win so I can't complain.

If you ask me, it's just the cheap way to avoid bad stats when leveling up boosters.
Pepsi
Message 13 of 19 (210 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

May 30, 2013
^thats exactly right. It's purpose is to safely level up boosters without sacrificing KDR. It's understandable, but, you can play TDM and eventually level your boosters up without trying. I occasionally get kills from across the map, pull people down, stealth kill, get streaks, etc etc without trying to do that certain specific thing. So if you're patient, play TDM to win, and the leveling of boosters will eventually come.

Or if you're not patient, like me, then figure out another way lol.
Message 14 of 19 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2276 posts

May 30, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
^thats exactly right. It's purpose is to safely level up boosters without sacrificing KDR. It's understandable, but, you can play TDM and eventually level your boosters up without trying. I occasionally get kills from across the map, pull people down, stealth kill, get streaks, etc etc without trying to do that certain specific thing. So if you're patient, play TDM to win, and the leveling of boosters will eventually come.

Or if you're not patient, like me, then figure out another way lol.

it's not only because it doesn't affect your KD, TO and Plunder are much longer games (even if they are not stretched to the max) and people aren't focusing 100% on getting kills (which most boosters require to level up) so they're easier targets

i think i maxed this booster both times in TDM as well, when it was at 70 metres (unlike most people doing it on musuem, i got most of the medals on Fort, but it's possible on pratically any map now)

Message 15 of 19 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2132 posts

May 31, 2013
Team Objective usually ends faster than a game of Team Deathmatch, and depending on how many people are farming on your team, Plunder can end quicker than TDM too, because one player cannot stop five players from capturing the idol while everyone else camps walls, or shoots from the other end of the map... Unless you purposely try to drag a game on, that's even worse.... When I play Plunder, I'm not saying "Hey guys, I want to give up 20 minutes of my life so you can level up your **bleep** the easy way". I've played well over 1,000 games of Plunder, I can honestly only remember around 50 that weren't one sided games because a bunch of idiots decided to never pick-up the idol.

This is really just another reason why all Leaderboards and in-game stats need to go.
Pepsi
Message 16 of 19 (171 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5988 posts

May 31, 2013

I really never understood the logic in leveling boosters while disregarding the objective either... I mean I was always perfectly capable of doing both at the same time. Some people are just so selfish and dumb to do both at the same time.

photo Sniper.png
Message 17 of 19 (168 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

May 31, 2013
Any time I've leveled boosters during an objectives game, I've never disregarded the main goal(s). I'll sacrifice my booster before my performance for my team.

Luckily, I play almost all my matches, in any mode, with members of my clan. Or at least with other friends. So we will be in chat together. If someone needs to level something, we help out. But we also always make sure we also play the objective and get the win.
Message 18 of 19 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11119 posts

May 31, 2013
Play TDM, vote for Syria.
Message 19 of 19 (144 Views)
0 Likes