Gaming Beast
1733 posts

Re: **bleep** Kal-7?

Aug 13, 2013
When the game was released, there were only two useless weapons, the AK47 and the Tau Sniper, and I guess the Dragon wasn't too great either. Endless patches have ruined the other guns. I wasn't a fan of the heavy blindfire gameplay that was used at release, but the nerf was the beginning of the end for a decent variety weapons, and back then it was easier to use the G-Mal or FAL-SS on someone spraying you with blindfire, but now you usually have to switch to a pistol or run away.
Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 58 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Aug 13, 2013

The Kal-7 with either ROF or blind fire accuracy mod is almost unfair inside of 10 ft. I hate this weapon

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 58 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Aug 13, 2013
The Kal doesn't even need those mods to be unfair. Its an absolutely unfair gun in most close quarter situations. The BA is nearly perfect and the RoF is so awful that the only way you can manage it is by blind firing.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 58 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9751 posts

Aug 13, 2013
The FAL nerf started all these. It might be a legitimate nerf, but it is definitely what started this downward spiral.
Currently looking for GTA Online friends who aren't obviously bad sports.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 58 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Aug 13, 2013
Admitedly, I didn't play the game during its golden days.. I bought it back in mid-2012 by the time the game was an M9 fest.. I honestly never knew how the G-MAL's recoil was pre-patch. How was it?
I crash camel into bridge I no care I love it
-Pakalu Papito
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 58 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12641 posts

Aug 13, 2013

frankenstein107 wrote:
Admitedly, I didn't play the game during its golden days.. I bought it back in mid-2012 by the time the game was an M9 fest.. I honestly never knew how the G-MAL's recoil was pre-patch. How was it?

Pretty well balanced. It had aim assist to take away the disgusting recoil which made it a usable weapon from distance, you still got owned up close to a M9 or FAL-SS though.

It did what it was supposed to do. kill at long distance, now you have to be at medium to short distance, which makes no sense considering thats M9 range and M9's have all those awesome mods.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 58 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2013

I'm tired of Kal-7 users. Then again, I'm tired of a lot of things in U3. I don't mind Kal-7 users if they're alone. Today I encountered a Kal-7 team. They way they worked is send someone out as bait and the others come in for the kill. Completely annoys me when players just run/jump around like idiots, while blindfiring.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 58 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9751 posts

Aug 13, 2013
I just don't get why we had a starter weapon nerfed.

Are we supposed to force them into using automatics or something? If so, you shouldn't complain about KAL. Obviously if they keep using an automatic they'll switch to another automatic, not a semi-auto or a sniper.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 58 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2013

On principle, I don’t use the KAL in competitive in any loadout – I have picked one up on occasion when I’ve run out of ammo but I’m too used to aiming to use any weapon consistently while blindfiring.  It’s absurd to me how effective the KAL is when blindfiring and it annoys me to no end.

Once, in a coop match (during an adventure checkpoint), I picked a KAL up and tried it.  When I aimed, I could barely contain the recoil but when I blindfired at close quarters it seemed to be on target ALL the time.

Question:  Does the KAL perform the same way in competitive as I experienced it in cooperative?

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 58 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9751 posts

Aug 13, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

On principle, I don’t use the KAL in competitive in any loadout – I have picked one up on occasion when I’ve run out of ammo but I’m too used to aiming to use any weapon consistently while blindfiring.  It’s absurd to me how effective the KAL is when blindfiring and it annoys me to no end.

Once, in a coop match (during an adventure checkpoint), I picked a KAL up and tried it.  When I aimed, I could barely contain the recoil but when I blindfired at close quarters it seemed to be on target ALL the time.

Question:  Does the KAL perform the same way in competitive as I experienced it in cooperative?

I tried Cutter's KAL once- it wasn't bad. It seemed okay.

Co-op KAL is pretty much the COMP KAL. Of course, without 4 mods at once.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 58 (100 Views)
0 Likes