Sep 12 2013
By: dark18assassin92 Wastelander 911 posts

calling all none G-MAL users!!

58 replies 486 views Edited Sep 12, 2013
Ok i was having a bad time today winning games and then i went back to using the
G-MAL and i must say i was scoring my usual sweet scores. In doing so i started winning again, so i say to all those who either dont use it or dont like it, give it a chance and you might start liking it
Message 1 of 59 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Re: calling all none G-MAL users!!

Sep 12, 2013
I main it but M9 can usually always win
Message 2 of 59 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Sep 12, 2013

do you mean to say calling all "non-G-mal" users or "known G-mal" users? 

anyways ya i have been using the g-mal for a very long time, and it's still a very good weapon

Message 3 of 59 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
911 posts

Sep 12, 2013
Yeah it was suppose to be non-gmal cant believe i spelt that wrong Smiley Sad
But anyway i think im going to start using the gmal more than i use to
Message 4 of 59 (454 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Sep 12, 2013
If used correctly, the G-MAL is probably the best gun in the game. Both long and midrange are covered. You can even get away with using it relatively close a lot of the time. And if you're in a punching situation, that's why you have a pistol.

Even in co-op, it's still 2 burst to kill or remove a helmet. Or 1 burst to usually remove a chokers helmet.

Message 5 of 59 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
911 posts

Sep 12, 2013
I agree matt its a shame more players dont use it
Message 6 of 59 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 13, 2013

I like Flynn's GMAL, although I'd prefer RS over CS. I don't know though, I like the Dragon a lot.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 7 of 59 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2013

Why would I want to use the G-MAL though?

It's range is supposed to be long range, even with accuracy the recoil bounces it around like it's just taken 9 beers.

The Dragon is long range, and doesn't do that and is vastly easier to use.

If the G-MAL was balanced like it was pre 1.13 I'd use it. One thing is for sure I'm not putting myself at a disadvantage.

There is just no reason to use the G-MAL. It gets owned at every range. It's now severely underpowered.

Dragon owns it at long range.

AK/M9 own it at medium range,

M9/KAL 7 own it at short range.

is there a reason to use it? apart from if you are going for assists.

Note it's not that I don't like the G-MAL. I love the G-MAL. I don't like the nerfs that buried it and made it the second weakest weapon in the game.

Also I'm going to rain on your parade, if you do well with the G-MAL / FAL-SS even the AK in some cases dependant on map choice... It's not you. It's the other players being really bad at the game. No one could ever do well against even moderately decent players with those weapons.

Message 8 of 59 (412 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Sep 13, 2013
I have several friends that exclusively use the G-MAL. They consistently go 2-3 KDR each game against high quality opponents. So you're incorrect.
Message 9 of 59 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 13, 2013
Technically it's also reliant on how you handle with the weapon. I go positive with a stupid combo like the AK-Tau against legacied players, and sometimes I go negative with the retarded M9-Para combo against legacied players.

I mean, the gun stats also play a part as well. You can be really good with the M9 and do **bleep** with the AK because the AK has the stupidest recoil (next to KAL).
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 10 of 59 (387 Views)
0 Likes