Welcoming Committee
13429 posts

Re: calling all none G-MAL users!!

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

nationm04 wrote:
I have several friends that exclusively use the G-MAL. They consistently go 2-3 KDR each game against high quality opponents. So you're incorrect.

If it's short range I can zig zag around bullets and hold R1 and melee them to death. or I can just simply outgun them,

see that right there proves that you haven't actually played againt a good g-maler yet, if they are trying to shoot you close range? what stops them from switching to their sidearm and start spraying around like a scrub too? no respectable g-maler would you into a cqc with a g-mal!

nation just gave you examples of people constantly going 2.0 / 3.0 in games with the g-mal you don't think they've faced the "pros" of the game too? you seriously believe that if the best g-maler asked for a first to ten 1v1 against you, you'd win 10-0?! o.O someone's a little egotistical

the only way i can see you beating a g-mal the majority of the time is if you just camp and quick scope anyone that shows up in your camp site ... then ya you'd definitely have the upper hand and if you were playing against people who wouldn't learn to flank you, you'd be in a pretty good position ...

If they switch they aren't using the G-MAL they'd be using the side arm which defeats the idea of this thread doesn't it?

Plus you can't flank someone who has all bases covered. Sure they can throw a few grenades if they like but that still defeats the purpose of the thread.

and nah. I wouldn't win 10-0. I'm pretty confident I'd win, I already played against a few people who are part of that FN tribe in 1v1's who used G-MAL's. They switched loadouts pretty quickly noticing that it just wouldn't work. After that then I proceeded to take a beat down. I wish I could name names here.. I really do... But I bet if they see this I bet they will be pleased to be called "Not respectable" Just incase they do see it... I better just point out after they noticed the G-MAL wouldn't work, they switched and just gave me unluckies.

Sure I could fall off the map, Blow myself up by accident or something after I had been shot. Aside from that or just pure luck the kills would be minimal.

See I don't play a wide open game. I'll happily find my spot and move from spot to spot when it is safe to do so. The only time I wont be camping and covering off all attack areas (The key here is making sure it's a spot with limited ways to attack) It works against everything except grenades, If I die there simply I should have paid more attention. I've been playing like this for over 12 years now. I'm horrified and shocked if I get killed by a gun when I'm playing like that.

If I see legitimate newbies I wont do that. It's an opportunity to play differently.

Great players don't run around in wide open spaces alone getting shot, they don't even run around anywhere, they control an area and wait for you to find them.

Very very unlikely a G-MAL is taking out people in a group of 5 who are controlling an area. You may get one or two with the other weapons but thats even futile they will just respawn with buddies just to repeat the process again.

If everyone is running around and playing without taking it too seriously, it's possible the G-MAL can work. against a well rounded team who understand and play as a team correctly it wont happen often at all.

If there were stats, they would speak for themselves, people commonly use the best things they can. M9 > >Para > AK > Dragon > Micro > Forget the rest they are all worthless and mostly unused. (There is a reason why they are unused, they are no good)

Next your all going to be telling me you can use the G-MAL as effective as any other weapon in Desert Village.

Message 21 of 59 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Sep 13, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

nationm04 wrote:
I have several friends that exclusively use the G-MAL. They consistently go 2-3 KDR each game against high quality opponents. So you're incorrect.

What one person deems as high quality is different to what someone else does.

High quality oponents is subjective. If they were that good there is no way they would die to a G-MAL. Ever. Doesn't matter if one of the best players was using it, they wouldn't though they know better than that.

Sorry to break everyones mojo. If your downing people with a G-MAL. they absolutely suck if they can't kill you while your using a severely underpowered weapon.

I'm going to use that subjective term, I've seen good players with the G-MAL. They can't do anything to me. G-MAL.. Fires at me. hits me, I snipe. BANG Headshot, dead. or two quick shots and they are still dead.

If it's short range I can zig zag around bullets and hold R1 and melee them to death. or I can just simply outgun them,

Medium is the same case without the zig zagging, Unless I had a sniper but lets face it, if I'm sniping I have no intention of mid or short range battles.

There is no way the G-MAL can be considered good, balanced or even a moderately okay gun, It excels at nothing.
Those players you come across, you think are good but they really do suck if they are getting killed by G-MAL's.

I can't say I get killed by them, I equally can't say I see many people killing with them unless they are usually lucky stolen kills or just awful players.

I suppose your all suffering from the illusion effect, I've not seen any good players on the game since TLOU came out.

Hell i've dominated these people with my joke loadout of Raffica, KAL 7, Smoke Bomb... When you are dominating with a Raffica you just know the skill level declined to an almost non existing stand still.

Lets face it, the skilled players all went to TLOU. you can kill people with minimal effort on Uncharted 3 now.

The fantastic thing is.. I'm not even great. I can easily evade the G-MAL killing me though unless it's total luck. I'd consider myself quite poor at the game

You are being so unbelievably theoretical. 

I crash camel into bridge I no care I love it
-Pakalu Papito
Message 22 of 59 (183 Views)
Survivor
2269 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2013

this isn't even worth it, there is no way i can convince or even have a civil debate with someone this stubborn ...

Message 23 of 59 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Sep 13, 2013
@Canadian94eh-meh we all got opinions, but yeah i feel your pain mate.
Message 24 of 59 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13429 posts

Sep 14, 2013

Sorry...

If it makes you feel better I'll try the G-MAL tonight, see if I can actually see your points.

Message 25 of 59 (159 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1094 posts

Sep 14, 2013
Couldn't even bring myself to read Aur's second response. Typically I respect what you post, so I'm not being biased.

These people I'm referring to, have 15,000-30,000+ kills. We only play DLC, and they have been using the G-MAL for two years. And they still have an average of a 2 KDR. I can't argue with that. It's a two burst kill. That's very fast. It comes down to the skill of the user. It comes down to if they can land all 6 bullets within those two burst. Even with recoil, I know a handful that can.
Message 26 of 59 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Sep 14, 2013

People have different opinions but G-MAL is nowhere near to be considered useless or a okay gun.

People just don´t have practice with the G-MAL(just like i do with the dragon but the dragon isn´t useless or "okay")

G-MAL needs practice.It isn´t a M9 that you only need to aim and shoot.AK also needs skill just like the dragon.

Crap guns are FAL,KAL and TAU.No matter how hard you try i think it is going to take a long time to master the FAL.I respect people opinions but FAL is just BS.KAL is even more BS.

Like i said before,G-MAL is a bit OP(to me).The gun needs a patch that removes completely the 2 burst kill(that´s fastest kill time than a M9 RoF).Those are just my opinions though

Message 27 of 59 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10072 posts

Sep 14, 2013
Honestly this whole thread is watching people who are exceptional with their guns say a gun rocks/sucks because they're not considering the fact that they're already pros in this game.

I mean, come on guys. I use a Tau and a Raff. I myself always say these guns suck so bad, but I still use them practically all the time. It's because it suits me very well. The M9 and Para are obviously the god-tier guns here but I just opt not to use it, because I want the extra challenge.

@mat Don't ever put the Tau with the same level as the **bleep** steven-gun, okay? Unless you're referring to Cutter's KAL. Cutter's KAL is beast.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 28 of 59 (141 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13429 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2013

Well I played with it a lot tonight as I promised I would.

Honestly it was only good when I knew I was lagging. I did see some people good with it too, but those bullets were hitting me around corners...

So I have a new thought on the G-MAL. It's the laggers choice.

Sorry, I'm unconvinced it takes any skill to use, It used to, but now you need the right things in your favor for it to be useful.

Message 29 of 59 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10072 posts

Sep 14, 2013
I don't know what gun takes skill to use.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 30 of 59 (132 Views)
0 Likes