Welcoming Committee
14202 posts

Re: calling all none G-MAL users!!

Sep 14, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I don't know what gun takes skill to use.

KAL 7.

That isn't serious.

But on a serious note. I'd give that one to the AK. It has recoil thats not awesome but not too bad. managing it takes skill and many can use it so if the game was all AK's you could have proper gun battles with people.

I was thinking para... But all you have to do really is spam that.

Suppose you could count the Raffica too.

M9 without ROF is a well balanced skill weapon, It's joyous when two un ROF'd M9 users collide. Very rarely happens because you'd just be silly to pass up ROF and conceed an advantage.

Anyway.. the G-MAL thing could be that the game is just very laggy at this current time and I could have missed the right time to make a proper call on it.

Message 31 of 59 (284 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Sep 14, 2013
Even without lag it's only a two burst kill to the body. You can get two bursts off very quickly. Faster than an M9 can kill even. So if the user is skilled enough, they can win almost every time against most guns. I think using it is the only way to really appreciate it.
Message 32 of 59 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Sep 14, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Why would I want to use the G-MAL though?

It's range is supposed to be long range, even with accuracy the recoil bounces it around like it's just taken 9 beers.

The Dragon is long range, and doesn't do that and is vastly easier to use.

If the G-MAL was balanced like it was pre 1.13 I'd use it. One thing is for sure I'm not putting myself at a disadvantage.

There is just no reason to use the G-MAL. It gets owned at every range. It's now severely underpowered.

Dragon owns it at long range.

AK/M9 own it at medium range,

M9/KAL 7 own it at short range.

is there a reason to use it? apart from if you are going for assists.

Note it's not that I don't like the G-MAL. I love the G-MAL. I don't like the nerfs that buried it and made it the second weakest weapon in the game.

Also I'm going to rain on your parade, if you do well with the G-MAL / FAL-SS even the AK in some cases dependant on map choice... It's not you. It's the other players being really bad at the game. No one could ever do well against even moderately decent players with those weapons.

I agree with you there except the last part. For a while, I only used the FAL (post-nerf) in FN matches and I wouldn't do too bad. But then when I was able to quickscope better, I wanted to use the Sniper and only the Sniper because it's a very strong gun and can be used at all ranges.

Bang Bang!

Message 33 of 59 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Sep 14, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I think we both know it's the Sniper. Killing at any range very quickly can take some practice, quickscoping takes lots of practice and trying to get quick headshots takes lots of practice. Hell, I've been training so much that now I can get a mid-air headshot (if I have a second to aim) 2/4 times. Other times it's usually a body shot.

I would have honestly used the G-MAL and only the G-MAL but comparing it to the Dragon's kill speed... I opted for the Dragon. I mean the G-MAL is its strongest at medium-range. At long range, it takes too long because of the recoil and the limitations on the scope zoom and at close range... I mean even the Dragon has better blindfire accuracy than the G-MAL (not stats-wise, skill-wise).

A G-MAL is at its best if you have a stat hat with extra stopping power in my opinion. Stopping Power gives it its edge over most of the other guns.

Bang Bang!

Message 34 of 59 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 14, 2013
M9 is a skill weapon? Huh.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 35 of 59 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3585 posts

Sep 14, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I think we both know it's the Sniper. Killing at any range very quickly can take some practice, quickscoping takes lots of practice and trying to get quick headshots takes lots of practice. Hell, I've been training so much that now I can get a mid-air headshot (if I have a second to aim) 2/4 times. Other times it's usually a body shot.

I would have honestly used the G-MAL and only the G-MAL but comparing it to the Dragon's kill speed... I opted for the Dragon. I mean the G-MAL is its strongest at medium-range. At long range, it takes too long because of the recoil and the limitations on the scope zoom and at close range... I mean even the Dragon has better blindfire accuracy than the G-MAL (not stats-wise, skill-wise).

A G-MAL is at its best if you have a stat hat with extra stopping power in my opinion. Stopping Power gives it its edge over most of the other guns.

= 1/2. Sorry, it bothered me. 

Anyway, I dunno, sometimes I'm amazing with it, sometimes I just SUCK.

Most difficult weapons for me are FAL & TAU. I also find the M9 strangely difficult to use :/, though I don't find it as difficult as the FAL.

Do you feel me?

Message 36 of 59 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
901 posts

Sep 14, 2013
Id say the dragon is a skill needed gun and i dont just mean for camping, if can use it short range too (without up close bf) then yeah thats a skill
kal7 is a cheaters gun and a waste of time (maybe just my opinion i dunno).
G-MAL im starting to like, for me its if you get it just right i.e get good headshots for me.
M9 just relies on RoF and a steadyish aim and luck.
Fal-ss is such bad recoil though practiced hard enough you can make this gun work.
And the ak-47 is the games standard guns that can make interesting games when doing 1v1 games, its a fav of mine
Message 37 of 59 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
567 posts

Sep 14, 2013
**bleep**....
I have a good connection and can do well with the gmal and especially fal -_-

If u can't do well in desert village with the fal then its your aim. Fal and gmal are in no way worthless.

And no its not me pubstomping -_- i play solo lots and find tons of parties. As i said b4 its your aiming so u rely on automatics. Gmal is insane at mid range, good at long, and it has no recoil >_> theres not enough recoil to make u miss. The fals reticle always returns to the same exact area really fast and with lower aim assist than the other guns it allows u to quickly aim wherever u want allowing u to do wonders at many ranges. As i said b4, its your aim.

All you're really asking for is more aim assist to do all the aiming for u. I prefer these quicker aiming fal & gmal guns than the past slow super sticky aim assist guns. If u go for accuracy and headshots then u know its a blessing. If u want to keep on spraying with automatics with high aim assist fine but don't call out the players who worked on their aim to get reearded by using those guns with quick kills. Thinking we're only playing awful players -_-
Message 38 of 59 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4161 posts

Sep 14, 2013
I suck at this game, yet I wouldstill beat 90% of gmal users with an M9. The Gmal died with its mega nerf many moons ago.
Message 39 of 59 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14202 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2013

Silver-Knight47 wrote:
**bleep**....
I have a good connection and can do well with the gmal and especially fal -_-

If u can't do well in desert village with the fal then its your aim. Fal and gmal are in no way worthless.

And no its not me pubstomping -_- i play solo lots and find tons of parties. As i said b4 its your aiming so u rely on automatics. Gmal is insane at mid range, good at long, and it has no recoil >_> theres not enough recoil to make u miss. The fals reticle always returns to the same exact area really fast and with lower aim assist than the other guns it allows u to quickly aim wherever u want allowing u to do wonders at many ranges. As i said b4, its your aim.

All you're really asking for is more aim assist to do all the aiming for u. I prefer these quicker aiming fal & gmal guns than the past slow super sticky aim assist guns. If u go for accuracy and headshots then u know its a blessing. If u want to keep on spraying with automatics with high aim assist fine but don't call out the players who worked on their aim to get reearded by using those guns with quick kills. Thinking we're only playing awful players -_-

No. It's got nothing to do with aim.

Map / Size / Long Range weapon / Very small map / Not logical.

So what? You play against parties. that proves nothing. I play against parties too and they suck for the most part.

Go to FN, go and dominate with it then come back and I'll accept your point, until then. You are simply playing against nobodies.

I'm playing against nobodies too, but at least I'm not deluded and thinking I'm awesome at something when it's just the competition is awful.

Point is. I can have games when I'm owning with the G-MAL or FAL-SS. I used them both last night. I picked them up after almost never using them since their nerfs and dominated. They certainly don't take any special criteria to use against terrible players.

I seriously don't know where this mystical illusion that a partied team has good players and they somehow cannot be bad.

Message 40 of 59 (231 Views)