I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Re: calling all none G-MAL users!!

Sep 14, 2013
Most of these parties are full of mediocre players, with exceptional lag. Often turning them into significant challenges. Aur, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you mentioned earlier in the thread that you lag to an extent. Well Silver mentioned he has a good connection, as do I. So you might not be effected by these laggy players like others are.

I haven't played with Silver, but from what I've heard, he can stop just about any uc3 player with his FAL. To the point that I actually offended him a couple months ago by sarcastically talking about how cheap he plays lol. He took my post literal at the time, when I was actually complimenting him based on everything I've heard about him.

Take lag out of the equation and I believe that with the guns the way they are right now, the only guns that may kill quicker are the Dragon, M9 RoF and probably the KAL (up close, of course). And still, it's close.

I have played against a couple FN clans with my currently non-FN clan. We played with FN rules of course. We won both meets. So not everyone non-FN clan is a joke.
Message 41 of 59 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
868 posts

Sep 15, 2013
So what unless you play fn players your not good? Thats bs anyone can be good, dont need a website to say otherwise
Message 42 of 59 (208 Views)
Wastelander
868 posts

Sep 15, 2013
Also yes silver knight is a good player i have been in a party with him and he was beasting them all
Message 43 of 59 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10157 posts

Sep 15, 2013

I just thought of something. Hear me out here:

What if, half the people here are exceptional with the GMAL, and the other half can't do jack with the GMAL, and both are trying to pass on the blame to the GMAL on how good/bad they play with the weapon? I mean, if you're given the M9, and you really just suck in general, you'd still suck.

Just saying. Maybe you guys are just pros at the gun regardless of meganerf, and maybe the other half just sucks with this version of GMAL and if they try any harder they might as well use Quickboom and skele characters.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 44 of 59 (200 Views)
Sackboy
360 posts

Sep 15, 2013
^ Mind blown.
But essentially this.
Message 45 of 59 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Sep 15, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

What if, half the people here are exceptional with the GMAL, and the other half can't do jack with the GMAL, and both are trying to pass on the blame to the GMAL on how good/bad they play with the weapon? I mean, if you're given the M9, and you really just suck in general, you'd still suck.

Just saying. Maybe you guys are just pros at the gun regardless of meganerf, and maybe the other half just sucks with this version of GMAL and if they try any harder they might as well use Quickboom and skele characters.

While true, all guns have flaws. The Dragon isn't very effective at close range, the M9 isn't very effective at long range, the KAL isn't very effective at any range except CQC and so forth.

The G-MAL has a slow RoF so it's on par with the M9/AK and if you're in a short/medium range confrontation with the G-MAL, the M9 is probably going to win due to the fact that they can hit their shots easily and the G-MAL must connect all 6 of their shots which can sometimes be a challenge.

At long range, the recoil slows the gun down a bit meaning the opponent can get away quickly and it's pretty useless at close range. I'm not saying that it's a bad gun, I'm just saying that unless you're sneaking up on people and surprising them and shooting them in the back, then there are more effective guns to use.

You want to use a gun which is effective at 3+ ranges. There's CQC, Short range, Medium range and Long range. The G-MAL is effective at Short and Medium. M9 is effective at all except Long. Sniper is effective at all except CQC. Like I said before, it's not a bad gun. It's just that there are better guns. It's like ice-cream. Sure, there's heaps of flavours like Mint or Passionfruit but everyone knows that Chocolate is better.

Bang Bang!

Message 46 of 59 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10157 posts

Sep 15, 2013
Better for you perhaps. That's an obvious bias to certain guns or in your own analogy, certain flavors of ice cream.

For example, I happen not to like chocolate. Tastes bland. I prefer pistachio and for me it's the best one out.

Again, most of the posts here bias for or against the GMAL. It's hard to maintain an objective stand on gun preference since the topic itself is biased, but whatever. Have fun smacking each other with your own opinions.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 47 of 59 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13692 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I want that nerf removed. ASAP.

Adding a skill separation to a game takes away the skill of gun battle.

If you don't get what I mean, cast your minds back before the G-MAL nerf. People were aiming it.. People were aiming period, Shock horror right? In my uncharted aiming? What is this?

No but seriously... You nerf something people use and play the game correctly with it and separate the skill levels, and people will just find another way around it. Now they'll just KAL you to death.

This nerf created more hipfiring because people's option to aim was taken away. Sure I can aim the G-MAL but I get it, I understand why people would rather hipfire you to death. The difficulty is too high for them. That is not right, you cannot be placing barriers infront of gamers, they will smash those barriers down in any way they can.

I couldn't aim the FAL-SS until last night. I played with it for about 2 hours and got used to it eventually, is the average player going to do that? No way. Easy way to compete all the way. and if you make them learn everything they will go elsewhere and kill the player pool.

These are the reasons why I'm so harsh on the G-MAL and the FAL-SS. The game needs to be saved. You need aim assist in a console shooter, like it or not, it doesn't matter how good I am, it doesn't matter if there are people who can go 30-0 every match with it, the majority can't and the majority are your money making market. The majority also make sure we have a game to play.

If Uncharted was a PC game, I'd be like yeah sure... Get better, You can actually have full control of sensitivity settings for PC games, Aiming is totally in your control there, With a console shooter, I and everyone else only has as much control as we are allowed from the developers.

Not everyone can play on super fast sensitivity, not everyone can play with it slow, Uncharted and almost every other console shooter has no perfect setting for a majority, this is why aim assist is and always will be hugely important for console shooters. It's absolutely vital. Unless they start giving us keyboard and mouse support in every game with unlimited control over how much we can adjust sensitivity and camera stuff.

Message 48 of 59 (175 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10157 posts

Sep 15, 2013

@Aure you can pretty much ask the people who asked for the nerf, stood by the nerf, and then complained about blindfire afterwards.

They're in TLOU, but I'm not saying names.

Message 49 of 59 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13692 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

@Aure you can pretty much ask the people who asked for the nerf, stood by the nerf, and then complained about blindfire afterwards.

They're in TLOU, but I'm not saying names.

I don't even need to ask anything...

It's a well known fact that console gaming has limitations that PC gaming doesn't have.

What scares me the most though is that developers should really know this and shouldn't need me or anyone to mention it. Not only ND are guilty there are a lot of devs that screw this up treating every game as if it's a PC title.

Console shooters need very limited recoil and some aim assist, not pre nerf FAL-SS aim assist, or Subway beta hipfire aim assist, but enough to make every weapon usable to a wide variety of people.

The Dragon is a prime example of too much assist, with it's stickyness, the G-MAL and FAL-SS don't have enough, G-MAL nerf was unjust and just pandered to automatic users and created a mostly automatic game. The excellent thing is. Those M9 users who cried so much don't cry about the M9 aim assist which is a little strronger than the G-MAL was.

I don't have a problem with the M9 having it. But the G-MAL, FAL-SS and so on need to be on equal levels, certainly shouldn't need someone to be good at using it to make it usable, that isn't accessible to most people and promotes a lack of variety.

All the people who wanted G-MAL nerfs / FAL-SS nerfs (FAL did need one, but it was nerfed too heavy) and also nerfed Hardcore right out of the game are all playing TLOU now, you are right.

Message 50 of 59 (164 Views)
0 Likes