Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Re: does ND lie or are they just plain stupid?

Feb 27, 2013

Back in the day, when Uncharted 2 still held a thread of relevancy, NaughtyDog was my favorite video game developer. I felt like they paid attention to their community and put forth every ounce of strength to craft a creation that would unite human beings together, young and old, to share an experience that would reflect how powerful a video game could be.

Now, however, my feelings for the company have changed. While I still do believe they are trying to make this game decent, they are going about it in all the wrong ways. The feedback this community gives goes in one ear and out the other. All the threads, comments, suggestions go over the heads of the ND devs, and what we get in return for all the time spent forming fantastic, issue-solving ideas are replaced with trivial features no one in this community asked for. I've honestly never heard of a video game being in such a state of disrepair that it requires seventeen patches. It's actually quite embarrassing.

Perhaps the worst of it all is the everpresent sense of greed that is emitting from the company these days. I never got a feeling of greed from them until Uncharted 3 was released. It seems they will take every opportunity to squeeze another dime out of their fans, and I just don't think that's right. Not just the greed, though, but the smaller things; like using beta footage as a teaser for the F2P MP. How could they honestly think that's an okay thing to do?

I will still be purchasing The Last of Us, and I will continue to play Uncharted 3, but it's hard to see such a great company falter in such a way as NaughtyDog is. I hope they redeem themselves at some point, because it's getting rather ridiculous.

Message 11 of 36 (326 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

Feb 27, 2013

IEATLILKITTENS wrote:

Back in the day, when Uncharted 2 still held a thread of relevancy, NaughtyDog was my favorite video game developer. I felt like they paid attention to their community and put forth every ounce of strength to craft a creation that would unite human beings together, young and old, to share an experience that would reflect how powerful a video game could be.

Now, however, my feelings for the company have changed. While I still do believe they are trying to make this game decent, they are going about it in all the wrong ways. The feedback this community gives goes in one ear and out the other. All the threads, comments, suggestions go over the heads of the ND devs, and what we get in return for all the time spent forming fantastic, issue-solving ideas are replaced with trivial features no one in this community asked for. I've honestly never heard of a video game being in such a state of disrepair that it requires seventeen patches. It's actually quite embarrassing.

Perhaps the worst of it all is the everpresent sense of greed that is emitting from the company these days. I never got a feeling of greed from them until Uncharted 3 was released. It seems they will take every opportunity to squeeze another dime out of their fans, and I just don't think that's right. Not just the greed, though, but the smaller things; like using beta footage as a teaser for the F2P MP. How could they honestly think that's an okay thing to do?

I will still be purchasing The Last of Us, and I will continue to play Uncharted 3, but it's hard to see such a great company falter in such a way as NaughtyDog is. I hope they redeem themselves at some point, because it's getting rather ridiculous.

The economy is rough in the US, many game companies have closed, so it is not surprising that game companies have gone on the defense.

Message 12 of 36 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
590 posts

Feb 27, 2013

They listen, then ignore it.

If they didn't ignore it we could filter matchmaking by region, or when playing solo opt out of joining match in progress.  RoF would be gone etc etc

They make excuses for each, like saying too few players, but I'd rather wait much longer for a smooth online match than get constant crap thrown in my face from laggy players.

------

How to deal with bombs: "let the bomb down me" - DEATH__MACHINIST
Message 13 of 36 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2202 posts

Feb 27, 2013

KylieDog wrote:

If they didn't ignore it we could filter matchmaking by region, or when playing solo opt out of joining match in progress.  RoF would be gone etc etc

They make excuses for each, like saying too few players, but I'd rather wait much longer for a smooth online match than get constant crap thrown in my face from laggy players.

I would much rather have a 70% chance to run into a laggy player every match instead of waiting an hour for 10 players with a perfect connection.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 14 of 36 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
590 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

KylieDog wrote:

I would much rather have a 70% chance to run into a laggy player every match instead of waiting an hour for 10 players with a perfect connection.

Talking in extremes is talking nonsense

------

Message 15 of 36 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2202 posts

Feb 27, 2013

KylieDog wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

KylieDog wrote:

Last week I played Black Ops 2. I had the matchmaking set to best, it took half an hour to find players in hardpoint. Thats on a game that has over 300,000 players at once. A game like Uncharted that has 40000-60000 players will take much longer to find players that have a perfect connection to you.

Message 16 of 36 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
590 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

KylieDog wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

KylieDog wrote:

Last week I played Black Ops 2. I had the matchmaking set to best, it took half an hour to find players in hardpoint. Thats on a game that has over 300,000 players at once. A game like Uncharted that has 40000-60000 players will take much longer to find players that have a perfect connection to you.

Sounds like your one of the players who is a problem, especially since CoD has a huge playerpool.  I have a fine connection and find CoD players easily when set to best.

------

Message 17 of 36 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
437 posts

Feb 27, 2013

thedeviant105 wrote:

IEATLILKITTENS wrote:

The economy is rough in the US, many game companies have closed, so it is not surprising that game companies have gone on the defense.

you can blame the economy but i think you should be blaming management instead.

i agree with IEATLILKITTENS overall but the thing is people buy it so why wouldnt ND do it.

people seem to love micro transactions and this kind of things. At least they buy them

how many people on here have bought the FHC without even knowing what they were buying or when they would get it ? Why on earth would you buy something when you dont even know what it was ? Why do you encourage this kind of things by buying it ?

als, @ OP, the people who work at ND are experts in their field, they're probably the top guys/girls in their industry.Yet, you are calling them stupid. You're insulting them because you dont like a decision the company has taken. I hope you're not wondering why ND dont communicate much on these forums.

mwahahahaha!
Message 18 of 36 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2202 posts

Feb 27, 2013

KylieDog wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

KylieDog wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

KylieDog wrote:

Sounds like your one of the players who is a problem, especially since CoD has a huge playerpool.  I have a fine connection and find CoD players easily when set to best.

Who is a problem? Enlighten me on what you mean by that.

Message 19 of 36 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Feb 27, 2013

I think the nail has been hit on the head.  Naughty Dog listens to us and then tries their hardest to find the solution that will upset the majority of players.   Naughty Dog are the ultimate gaming trolls at this point.

I tried not to get my hopes up for this patch but they kept saying that were all going to be so happy, and that the patch was huge, and that just reading the notes was going to be an extreme undertaking, it was hard not to get excited.  I felt like this time they were actually putting the effort into fixing this game, or at least getting it to a more playable state.  I feel like what we got was a giant "HA HA F U You trusted us and we got you good"!  How could we be so completely turned around from where we were in the summer?  Naughty Dog went from a company that could do no wrong to this monstrosity.  They are probably all getting a huge laugh at our expense.

STOP MAKING SILLY COSMETIC CHANGES AND START FIXING YOUR BROKEN GAME!  PLEASE! 

How is it that if we were to roll the game back to the initial beta that the game would be BETTER?!  I just don't understand.

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - mrkaizoku
Message 20 of 36 (232 Views)