Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 01 2013
By: thefiresidecat Gaming Beast 2471 posts

don't be *that* guy

107 replies 880 views Edited Mar 1, 2013

I've been playing today by myself. most of the time surrounded by complete noobs sometimes another decent player on my team. inevitably that one other decent player has a power weapon in their hands the whole match.. Why would you do that against noobs. Let them have the powerweapons. odds are you're going to kill them before they can figure out how to use it anyway.. Right? 

If you're in a party make a pact to play with harder to use guns. give them a sporting chance or they're going to leave. (unless of course you're so terrible that you can't kill them any other way)  I am not the best player in the world and I can outshoot them with a pistol.. quickly. 

Don't be the jerk. :smileyhappy: 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 108 (880 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1994 posts

Re: don't be *that* guy

Mar 1, 2013

Unfortunately, not every person have "standards" to keep up. They only just see their K/D.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 108 (873 Views)
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Believe me you can keep up your k/d and your standards at this point. if you need power weapons against the new influx you're just pathetic.. I went 31/8 against them in my last game.  didn't touch a single power weapon. These guys don't even know how to throw back grenades yet. 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 108 (864 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 1, 2013

I use weaker loadouts and I don't camp/hug corners when I play against noobs (unless a tournament ticket is in stake, lol), but not everyone will do that. Some people aim for 50-0 matches or they value their KDR way too much etc.

It's a noble idea, just like asking for world peace or banning WMD, but the truth is that the human nature is too greedy/selfish and that unfortunately also applies to video games, not just in real life. :smileysad:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 108 (854 Views)
Naughty Paw
5851 posts

Mar 1, 2013

same happening with me. I got my teammates using unmodded AKs trying their hardest to aim. While our enemies are using M9 RoF strafing every which way and t-bolting them running behind em shotgunning them and whatnot... I got teamswitched next match and TKed them and messed up their streaks and stuff cuz I felt so sorry for the new players lol.

Those players have always been here, and it's a shame. Using the tools given to the new players and every single 'cheap' method known at once just to boost that meaningless KDR that a total of nobody cares about.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 108 (829 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Hahaha... sorry but the people who play this game will do everything in there power to always be that guy. These are after all the same people will actively hunt you as a team with every power weapon and kickback possible even if you're the only person left on your team. :smileyindifferent:

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 108 (803 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Mar 1, 2013

no one in this game has pride

ND if you happen to read this thanks!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 108 (770 Views)
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Mar 1, 2013
I made a suggestion a long time ago, that I think it would be cool if naughty dog would somehow make a way for noobs to team up easy, I think it could be a powerful tool for UC4 MP. I imagine a waiting room for parties, where people can chat or network to find alike levels, and maybe text resources to use to their advantage. It may seem obvious to gamers, but for noobs, they don't have the resources to understand that they need to get the guide, or jump on the forums. If you had a lobby called partying lobby or something, where people could chat with each other, mics or no mics, pick parameters for the levels of players to find within the "lobby rooms" or whatnot, you could find players within twenty levels of your own, and talk over a mic or keyboard, and maybe get some teams started up right away, instead of having to deal with feeling like your on a team by itself. That sounds like a better use of time than the tournaments, because it burgeons a lot of team play, networking, and finding people to play the game with, which is what it's all about- but as Tap will say, unless it can be monetized....
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 108 (760 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Mar 1, 2013

thefiresidecat wrote:

I've been playing today by myself. most of the time surrounded by complete noobs sometimes another decent player on my team. inevitably that one other decent player has a power weapon in their hands the whole match.. Why would you do that against noobs. Let them have the powerweapons. odds are you're going to kill them before they can figure out how to use it anyway.. Right? 

If you're in a party make a pact to play with harder to use guns. give them a sporting chance or they're going to leave. (unless of course you're so terrible that you can't kill them any other way)  I am not the best player in the world and I can outshoot them with a pistol.. quickly. 

if only it were that simple, #tryhardseverywhere

Cutter
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 108 (726 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Nanashi707 wrote:

thefiresidecat wrote:

if only it were that simple, #tryhardseverywhere

Not to mention tryhard alts, LOL. Sometimes "noobs" can deceive you... :smileyindifferent:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 108 (721 Views)
0 Likes