Fender Bender
3863 posts

Re: don't be *that* guy

Mar 4, 2013

I was *that* guy yesterday, :Cloaked, Bargain, Quick Boom, Ping and 3-D Glasses.

But 37-1 was worth it, shame about the suicide.

*chestbeat*

Please use plain text.
Message 101 of 108 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1576 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

I like how you use the word "sportsmanship" lol. Sportsmanship: "fairness in following the rules of the game". People that use Pw's are following the rules of the game. So that argument goes out the window.

I disagree with that, sportsmanship is not only following the rules, take soccer for instance, I used to play soccer a while back with friends of all ages, from 10 years old to 50 years old, boys and girls, men and women, I was the keeper often, and when we were winning (for instance 5 - 3), the defense would let the 10 year old girl on the opponents team pass (of course making it look like the 10 year old girl was better than them), and I would let her score the goal by diving the wrong way, that is sportsmanship too, following rules is not the only thing nescesary for good sportsmanship, so in Uncharted 3 sportsmanship is not playing according to the rules, but giving your opponent a fair chanche of having a little fun in the game as well, that is true sportsmanship :smileyhappy:

That's not what sportsmanship is. Sportsmanship is following the rules of the game and not being a "sore loser" or "bad winner" after a game or contest. Giving the other team a favour is NOT being sportsmanship-like, it's simply helping out the other team.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 102 of 108 (193 Views)
Survivor
2304 posts

Mar 5, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
@liljohn

The time we were noobs was the time only a few were pros.

You have a point, but look back to UC2.

When I first started it, I sucked. I was literally horrible. But I still found it fun, despite getting 3-10 every match and getting taunted everytime I died. But then, I started getting better really quick. Within a few days, I rarely went negative again.

>Learning the hard way.    If I can do it, so can anyone else.

watchdogs
Please use plain text.
Message 103 of 108 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

Mar 5, 2013

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
@liljohn

The time we were noobs was the time only a few were pros.

You have a point, but look back to UC2.

When I first started it, I sucked. I was literally horrible. But I still found it fun, despite getting 3-10 every match and getting taunted everytime I died. But then, I started getting better really quick. Within a few days, I rarely went negative again.

>Learning the hard way.    If I can do it, so can anyone else.

I got into UC2 one month after UC3, so I see your point. Level 80 vs my level 1 was fun, especially with the whole jumpy jumpies.

Anyway, I'm not saying they shouldn't learn the hard way. I'm saying people should keep their weird ways of achieving ego to themselves when fighting new peeps. It's like everytime someone with a mic is against the newbie team, I hear "WOOT STREAK". That's about as good as beating a lot of infants in karate.

@far-zan We don't send hate-mail to newbs after the game? I mean, it's good that people don't send hate-mail to newbs to leave UC3 and go back to being 10-year-old losers in CoD or something. I wouldn't know.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 104 of 108 (149 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 5, 2013

One thing I don't like seeing is high level players continously taunting the noobs after they get killed. It's not gonna make em stay for the long haul really.

Please use plain text.
Message 105 of 108 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Assassio wrote:

One thing I don't like seeing is high level players continously taunting the noobs after they get killed. It's not gonna make em stay for the long haul really.

I only taunt people when I get a skillful kill. (Enemy Hammer vs my T-Bolt, 5 Not Alives, Mid-air kills etc.)

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 106 of 108 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

Mar 5, 2013
5-not-alives on newbies aren't impressive.

The rest are okay.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 107 of 108 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 5, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
5-not-alives on newbies aren't impressive.

The rest are okay.

I didn't say specifically noobs, just in general.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 108 of 108 (122 Views)
0 Likes