Reply
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: don't be *that* guy

Mar 4, 2013
@matt that's being nice. Sportsmanship is owning the kid because you are in fact good, but not going "YESSSSSSS OWNED YOU STREAK LOOOOOLLLLL NOOOOB STOP PLAYING UNCHARTED YOU SUCK" like the usual.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 91 of 108 (315 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3587 posts
 

Re: don't be *that* guy

Mar 4, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
@matt that's being nice. Sportsmanship is owning the kid because you are in fact good, but not going "YESSSSSSS OWNED YOU STREAK LOOOOOLLLLL NOOOOB STOP PLAYING UNCHARTED YOU SUCK" like the usual.

I don't know, I think it's more than that, I think sportsmanship is threating your opponent as you would like to be threated yourself, if I was 10 years old I wouldn't like it if I only could run without the ball over the field while the grown-ups played soccer without me, also in Uncharted 3 if I was a noob I wouldn't like it if people used only power weapons on me while I didn't even know how to shoot my ak47, and like I said earlier if I play against noobs I do funny things like melee only or something like that to give them a chanche...

 

sure you are not going to be like that in a proffesional soccer match, or an uncharted tournament, because you take a risk that could result in losing and not getting the prize, but if you play a soccer match with friends, family and/or neighbours or play a match of Uncharted 3, then I think this is the way people should play, that is true sportsmanship Smiley Happy

Message 92 of 108 (299 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/19/2011
Offline
2305 posts
 

Re: don't be *that* guy

[ Edited ]
Mar 4, 2013

thefiresidecat wrote:

The excuses you guys come up with to not leave the power weapons alone is amazing. 

 

I'd be asking you to cater to them if I was saying please don't kill the noobs.. I'm just saying leave the power weapons alone. 




Excuses? No. You look down on people as if it's bad to use a power weapon against a noob.

 

FYI, noobs aren't stupid. People can learn how to play a game. If everybody here learned how to play Uncharted MP the hard way, than so can a noob. I can bet most people who know how to fully play don't consiously tryhard anyways. That's just how they normally play. I play the exact same way in modes that don't count kills at all, just as I do in TDM. Smiley Indifferent

 

You're trying to dictate how people should be playing a game, when really, you haven't adressed the real situation about power weapons, since you hate them so badly.

 

 

Argument is invalid.

Message 93 of 108 (265 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/21/2010
Offline
1129 posts
 

Re: don't be *that* guy

[ Edited ]
Mar 4, 2013

Lately I saw someone using "eplosive shell expert 3" and "power hunter 3" and "ping" against a team of noobs and me (I was using my beta account to see if lag is really better for low levels). I was so disappointed by that player. I somehow hated him for being such an a**hole against these newbies. I got him a few times but he still went about 25-5 or so.

 

I haven't seen low levels lately but when I do I usually switch to a less advantageous loadout. Sometimes I even tell them that I'm close if they do not notice me and then I wait until they start shooting (only if they do not seem to have any clue at all though). I show less mercy when I'm doing bad for some reason though Smiley Tongue

 

But some players are just idiots. They want their super stats even if they can't back them up with real skill in a tough match and quit...

Message 94 of 108 (242 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: don't be *that* guy

Mar 4, 2013
@liljohn

The time we were noobs was the time only a few were pros.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 95 of 108 (221 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/28/2011
Offline
1929 posts
 

Re: don't be *that* guy

Mar 4, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
@liljohn

The time we were noobs was the time only a few were pros.

When I started playing Uncharted 2 everyone in the game was really good I constantly got killed eventually I figured how to play the game. When UC3 came out I had plenty of friends who started off with negative KDs and now have high 1s and 2 KDs .

 

We all had to learn how to play I'm not going to play any different because there are newer what kind of BS is this. What should we do next, take of cloaked so the new players can find us during exposed or rush out during Double Damage so they can kill me in one melee. 

Message 96 of 108 (218 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/28/2011
Offline
1929 posts
 

Re: don't be *that* guy

Mar 4, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

On the other hand, can someone tell me WHY legit newbies should play TDM or any other kill-oriented mode for that matter? Smiley Indifferent

If anything, I'd recommend them to start playing objective modes (Plunder/TO) first, because even if they get owned/raped/slaughtered, they will still have fun doing the objective.

If F2P had Co-op and/or SP, I'd recommend that. Ideally it should be like this: SP -> Co-op -> Objective modes -> kill-oriented modes.

Does anyone disagree with this?


They'll probably get destroyed in Plunder maybe objective, however most of them don't even know what the objective is so they can't really have fun playing for it...

Message 97 of 108 (217 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: don't be *that* guy

Mar 4, 2013

far-zan wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

On the other hand, can someone tell me WHY legit newbies should play TDM or any other kill-oriented mode for that matter? Smiley Indifferent

If anything, I'd recommend them to start playing objective modes (Plunder/TO) first, because even if they get owned/raped/slaughtered, they will still have fun doing the objective.

If F2P had Co-op and/or SP, I'd recommend that. Ideally it should be like this: SP -> Co-op -> Objective modes -> kill-oriented modes.

Does anyone disagree with this?


They'll probably get destroyed in Plunder maybe objective, however most of them don't even know what the objective is so they can't really have fun playing for it...


There are less parties in objective modes, especially now that most killfarmers are gone.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 98 of 108 (211 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: don't be *that* guy

Mar 4, 2013
@farzan I'm assuming your friends played in November. Fun times, not much high-levels. I started that time too.


Plus, unless you're stupidly nice, you don't do what you said. What you do is not be an arse and not taunt/gloat about streaking on noobs/send hate mail, etc.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 99 of 108 (209 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/28/2011
Offline
1929 posts
 

Re: don't be *that* guy

Mar 4, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
@farzan I'm assuming your friends played in November. Fun times, not much high-levels. I started that time too.


Plus, unless you're stupidly nice, you don't do what you said. What you do is not be an arse and not taunt/gloat about streaking on noobs/send hate mail, etc.

Some not all I have a friend who started as recently as this summer and he now has a positive KD, I did give him some tips though. 

 

I don't think people send hate mail to noobs. I'll get **bleep** if they go 0-20 but the F2P players are actually pretty good 

Message 100 of 108 (201 Views)
Reply
0 Likes