Message 21 of 108 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
354 posts

Re: don't be *that* guy

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2013

screwfun wrote:

Past few matches I've been playing against noobs, so I just say screw it and leave em alone or let em kill me.

I always do this when I play noobs. If I see noobs I'll check their stats and if they have like 3 kills and 186 deaths, I'll just let them kill me. Sometimes I'll run around them in circles or I'll bunny hop around while they try to melee me from 10 feet away lol. It's entertaining to me, and at the end of the match, they have some kills. Its a win-win. 

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 22 of 108 (330 Views)
Fender Bender
3804 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Alluboy_ wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

I use weaker loadouts and I don't camp/hug corners

I ALWAYS do that. Smiley Wink

Seriously, how many here uses AK (Eddy's AK in my case, Navarro's too sometimes) 99% of the time and a "crappy" KB called Speedy G?

I use Navarro's AK sometimes and Speedy  is really fun to use with fleet foot, makes it like Fleet Foot level 5. Smiley Surprised

I've done that too, and strafing speed does get pretty insane. I use Cloaked though, but I can still get myself 20 second FF. Smiley Tongue

It's also great in Team Objective. I've used it to catch Marked Men countless times! Just remember to sprint before you activate it. Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 108 (308 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Had a match with like 3 or 4  f2p peeps, I just slapped on cloaked and only stealth killed.

It was pretty fun and they even did good (the match was like 48 -50..yeah my team lost LOL).

Message 24 of 108 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Almost no one would do this, when it comes to winning or losing there aren't many people who have any moral code at all.

As I'm always quite honest to the best of my ability.. I'd kill them with power weapons. No one showed me any mercy when I was 2 months late to the Uncharted 2 party.

No one has shown me any mercy on any game though, it's not just Uncharted. Luckily give me about 7 games usually and I know what I'm doing by then.

Message 25 of 108 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2415 posts

Mar 1, 2013
I've avoided being *that* guy since day one, and so should everyone else since it would improve the game, KDR has been a joke since release because of rage quitting, and you can still protect stats by signing out of PSN.

Also this took me two hours to write, but I deleted most of it to stay on topic, if anyone is interested in seeing my post that talks about my whole weapon history in Uncharted 3, my hate towards cheap players and Naughty Dog, and a whole bunch of other stuff that may or may not be trivial, just say so and I'll edit the original in. Smiley Very Happy
Pepsi
Message 26 of 108 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2496 posts

Mar 1, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Nanashi707 wrote:

thefiresidecat wrote:

I've been playing today by myself. most of the time surrounded by complete noobs sometimes another decent player on my team. inevitably that one other decent player has a power weapon in their hands the whole match.. Why would you do that against noobs. Let them have the powerweapons. odds are you're going to kill them before they can figure out how to use it anyway.. Right? 

If you're in a party make a pact to play with harder to use guns. give them a sporting chance or they're going to leave. (unless of course you're so terrible that you can't kill them any other way)  I am not the best player in the world and I can outshoot them with a pistol.. quickly. 

Don't be the jerk. Smiley Happy 

if only it were that simple, #tryhardseverywhere

Not to mention tryhard alts, LOL. Sometimes "noobs" can deceive you... Smiley Indifferent

I've seen a few of them, but they are handicapped with their loadouts. it's hard to be very tryhardy when you don' t have good guns or load outs yet. 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 27 of 108 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2496 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2013

kratos_snake__ wrote:
COMPLETELY just ignore that lol I totally read that wrong. I do use the power weapons but I don't have them the ENTIRE match. Anyway, sorry for that total fail of a post.

If you need to pick up a power weapon to defeat these guys who can't aim, can't throw back a grenade and can't even blindfire you in a way that is going to kill you fast then you really are pathetic. My whole point here is when you are up against people who are so new to a game that they can't even figure out basic things then if you can't kill them with the load out you already have wihtout adding insult to injury you're lame. Super lame. I never said people should throw the game.. but there is no reason to be insulting on top of the slaughter you're dealing them. Especially if you're going in as an unkillable party of five. Yesterday I was in one of those types of parties and we all used the dragon. 

if nothing else you'd think you'd want to made it at least interesting.

Just going thru the whole match or even the majority of it with a powerweapon is just lame. Super lame. It's Lame even if you're going against decent players but it's 2 billion times more lame when you could take them all down using nothing but a pistol. 

What really prompted me to post this is I went thru a two hour streak yesterday with almost all players under level 12. Seeing them slaughtered by some guy with t-bolt-rocket-shotgun only made me kind of ill. These guys don't even know where the Power weapons are and the few times I saw them used against me they missed terribly.. So there was no threat of leaving them. No threat of being taken out by them and if they did take someone out with one that's probably the only kill they get that game. 

if you have to try hard against gangs of noobs.. you too are a noob.. because they're easy game. really easy game. 

many of you have played against me or with me and you know I am not all that. Not terrible not great and I was posting scores in the 20's-30's with deaths between 1-8 without running a sweat. Got a few furies, a number of connect 4's. Never touched a power weapon. Could I have gotten a ton more kills with a power weapon.. Maybe but not by a lot. I was able to rapidly take them down with a pistol just as easily as if I'd had a rocket but I had to work for it just a little more and they got a chance to at least put a few bullets in me.  If I never even gave them a chance to put a bullet in me they'd have probably just ended up rage quitting. 

You can look at this as an opportunity for cheap kills (but the people providing those cheap kills will probably move on quickly)

Personally, I'd like some of these people to stick around so the game doesn't die before something else comes along. If I can convince at least a few members of the community to at least use a small modicum of politeness towards these new comers (especially you unkillable gangs of five.. ) then it's worth it. 

Just leaving the powerweapons alone goes along way towards not making the game intolerable for these newcomers imho. 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 28 of 108 (288 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5219 posts

Mar 1, 2013

I've seen someone in FFA noobstomping everyone. I wasn't impressed. Especially by going around doing tryhard tactics.

At the end of the match he won 15-1 and was taunting over a noob's body (laugh) as if he was proud of himself. I killed him with my AK before heading back to the main menu and used the Carlton Taunt.

Message 29 of 108 (277 Views)
Fender Bender
2415 posts

Mar 1, 2013
@tack129 Let me guess, it was one of the leaderboard junkies, wasn't it?
Pepsi
Message 30 of 108 (273 Views)