Fender Bender
3580 posts

Re: don't be *that* guy

Mar 1, 2013

Honestly I'm pretty shameless...but maybe I'll try. 

Do you feel me?

Message 41 of 108 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2312 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2013

thefiresidecat wrote:

I've been playing today by myself. most of the time surrounded by complete noobs sometimes another decent player on my team. inevitably that one other decent player has a power weapon in their hands the whole match.. Why would you do that against noobs. Let them have the powerweapons. odds are you're going to kill them before they can figure out how to use it anyway.. Right? 

If you're in a party make a pact to play with harder to use guns. give them a sporting chance or they're going to leave. (unless of course you're so terrible that you can't kill them any other way)  I am not the best player in the world and I can outshoot them with a pistol.. quickly. 

Don't be the jerk. Smiley Happy 

I completely disagree. 

The whole objective of playing pubs is to win and catering or even helping the opposing team during a match makes absolutely no sense. If complete noobs get stomped by a party or complete randoms that are decent, its completely fair. The "decent" player that you were matched with just saw an opportunity to rack a lot of kills by spamming Pw's and owning noobs. Is he a jerk for doing that? No. Of course it would be frustrating or annoying for the noobs but its apart of the game, and these kinds of matches happens every other game, they just have to adapt to it. It's apart of the learning curve and if they choose to leave the match then they would never learn how to adjust their playing style to those situations. 

The better choice is to give noobs tips via messages AFTER the game. I sometimes turn dlc off, own the noobs completely, then message them after the match to tell them what they did wrong and I tell them which boosters can be extremely helpful. Im not going to help the opposing team in any way during a match but I certainly help them after the match has finished.

It has nothing to do with being a "jerk" its just decent players capitalizing on situations that are completely fair. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 42 of 108 (340 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
437 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2013

im surprised that, for some people, the fun factor in this game is reaching the highest score.

even if it involves boosting with easy kills.

what i really like is how to kill the enemies and not how many

in UC2 i hated being outnumbered (say 5V3 or less) and the enemies would take all the power weapons. that seriously annoyed me.

Simply because a game/match that is unbalanced cannot be a good game/match. Most people dont mind this though, if they have the upper hand.

the same logic applies here.

what i find the most satisfying is when a kill is hard to get, or at least when i feel i somehow deserved it and i just dont get that against someone who doesnt really know how to play.

(although luring them to their death in a funny way is ok from time to time i guess Smiley Tongue)

in the same way, I like being shot at and figuring out an escape plan quickly against an experienced player, it's more fun beating someone because i played better than because he had no clue what was going on and/or had weaker guns

mwahahahaha!
Message 43 of 108 (322 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Because of the OP, I actually took this advice and welcomed a few noobs who were playing in Classic mode.  I actually sent them a friendly email "gg and welcome to UC3".

UC3 need all the players it can get even if they are newbies.  Got to start somewhere.  

Message 44 of 108 (300 Views)
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Mar 1, 2013

thedeviant105 wrote:

Unfortunately, not every person have "standards" to keep up. They only just see their K/D.

This is because of stuff like the leaderboards they kill gameplay because people would rather play for stats than for fun.

Message 45 of 108 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Mar 1, 2013

wais_45 wrote:

I completely disagree. 

The whole objective of playing pubs is to win and catering or even helping the opposing team during a match makes absolutely no sense. If complete noobs get stomped by a party or complete randoms that are decent, its completely fair. The "decent" player that you were matched with just saw an opportunity to rack a lot of kills by spamming Pw's and owning noobs. Is he a jerk for doing that? No. Of course it would be frustrating or annoying for the noobs but its apart of the game, and these kinds of matches happens every other game, they just have to adapt to it. It's apart of the learning curve and if they choose to leave the match then they would never learn how to adjust their playing style to those situations. 

The better choice is to give noobs tips via messages AFTER the game. I sometimes turn dlc off, own the noobs completely, then message them after the match to tell them what they did wrong and I tell them which boosters can be extremely helpful. Im not going to help the opposing team in any way during a match but I certainly help them after the match has finished.

It has nothing to do with being a "jerk" its just decent players capitalizing on situations that are completely fair. 

THIS!!

Message 46 of 108 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

Mar 1, 2013
I have a "Big Cash" loadout with No PWs and No Nades. I use it when the other team has 3 or more noobs. I'm like $150k away from hitting 5th legacy 75, so I won't really "need" the money anymore, but I'll keep using it to make it fair.

I don't want to frustrate all the new players any worse than they probably are by getting easy kills.
Message 47 of 108 (265 Views)
Wastelander
334 posts

Mar 1, 2013

wais_45 wrote:

thefiresidecat wrote:

I've been playing today by myself. most of the time surrounded by complete noobs sometimes another decent player on my team. inevitably that one other decent player has a power weapon in their hands the whole match.. Why would you do that against noobs. Let them have the powerweapons. odds are you're going to kill them before they can figure out how to use it anyway.. Right? 

If you're in a party make a pact to play with harder to use guns. give them a sporting chance or they're going to leave. (unless of course you're so terrible that you can't kill them any other way)  I am not the best player in the world and I can outshoot them with a pistol.. quickly. 

Don't be the jerk. Smiley Happy 

I completely disagree. 

But don't you find winning in a rout to be really boring? Wouldn't you rather have a challenge? The OP isn't advocating for throwing the match. Just for leveling the playing field a bit.   

You said in an earlier post in this thread "no mercy for noobs". But it's not simply about doing them a favor. It's about making the match more fun for yourself. Wouldn't playing a match where you handicap yourself a bit against significantly inferior competition be more fun for you than mowing down a bunch of noobs like so many blades of grass?    

Message 48 of 108 (259 Views)
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Mar 1, 2013

There is a difference between being a jerk and using what ND put in the game, hell use SA on U2, it's legit.

Message 49 of 108 (254 Views)
Fender Bender
3872 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:

There is a difference between being a jerk and using what ND intentionally put in the game, hell use SA on U2, it's legit.

Just before a 'jerk' says 'so glitching is ok?'.

Message 50 of 108 (252 Views)
0 Likes