6261 posts

Re: don't be *that* guy

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2013

S4V463_F0XH0UND wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

thefiresidecat wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

The problem is that ND does not promote dignity and honour.

That makes sense though, since ND is as greedy and selfish as their tryhard fans... ND wants money (more zeros in their bank account) and tryhards want more kills and less deaths (better numbers in the leaderboards/stat card).

The humanity as a whole will never stop worshipping numbers...

I think Fathers must have stopped teaching sportsmanship to their sons at some point. Because the poor sports are overwhelming. Not sure how you can take satisfaction from having stats you don't deserve. I am beginning to think I am a better player than I give myself credit for. 

Which is why I usually prefer people who don't have extravagant stats because it means they aren't obsessed and just want to have fun. They're also usually much better people.

It's not really a rule but I'd say in U3, more often than not, K/D is inversely proportional to your character.

I do good, I play to have fun. If I do bad, that's on me. [unless if it was really laggy] I don't have the most amazing K/D in the world and I don't care, to me I just want all the fun in the game and with my friends.

The whole K/D worshippers just care about their numbers and will screw over teammates just to get a kill.. its sad really. Not to mention I've been killed over a power weapon by teammates as well. :smileyindifferent:

I play to have fun, but I do also enjoy winning. It wouldn't be fun if I wasn't actually trying, so I guess maybe it's better that I don't play with people who are super into winning because it leads to closer matches and comebacks which are way more fun. I'm probably as good as I am from those matches where I start off screwing around with my team mates and then have to pick up lost ground after and try to carry. That and getting matched with people who do terrible against winning obsessed parties of five.

I honestly get more satisfaction if I do good when the odds are stacked against me and my team still loses then when I do good against an average or less team and win. Although it still hurts to lose by less than five just because you got someone who went 0-14 on your team.... but that's neither here nor there. On another note we should have a noob bootcamp. Would be good for a few laughs and would help make matches less one sided.

Also as a general rule I never add someone who randomly sends me a request after I have a really good match. That seems more like recruitment than a friend request. Pass.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

Message 62 of 108 (295 Views)
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2013

I'd be lying if I said the new F2P guys didn't ever provide challenge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaiX0vuCNew

(and yeah  I know there were a lot of other ways I could have approached it but at that point I was curious about how many clips it was going to take to kill the guy and he seemed to be unaware of my presence behind him.  I was aware of how ridiculous it was that I just stood behind him reloading..  I should have just started taunting. LOL) 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 63 of 108 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Mar 2, 2013

duke_of_platypus wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

thefiresidecat wrote:

I love joking around anyway with a full party, look for instance at this video in Uncharted 3, we were hiding with the whole team in the airstrip, we managed 20 minutes long not to be found, I couldn't upload everything, but here is the most funny part of that match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNPKcLYp3W8

Hielke6991 asked someone to upload the whole video in fast forward but I can't find it, maybe if he reads it he can post it, it is so funny, I think more than 5 people got kicked for teamkilling, more than 10 people left the game themselves and the rest was just running around shooting each other, while my team was just taunting in a corner for 20 minutes xD

Personally I would find this really boring, but if you had fun with it, god for you.

of course we weren't doing that all day, only once we did that, sometimes you should have a little fun instead of just killing and killing, besides, we all have headsets so we were just talking to each other while waiting in that corner, nothing boring about that :smileywink:
Message 64 of 108 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2013

+ 1 for the OP's sentiment.  It would make for a better community, for one. 

Unfortunately logging on and giving other players grief is what this game is all about (at least on the COMP side).  The COMP side of this game has been a JOKE from the start.  I find it amazing that players have adapted this title to things like Fragged Nation, and for Tournaments that have prizes on the line (and some pretty nice ones too). 

I always say to myself, how the hell does ANYONE play the COMP side of this game? 

Noobstomping is nothing new with this title.  NDI set it up that way.  The game promotes selfishness IN EVERY GAME MODE, including Co-Op! 

We just needed some MUCH deeper thinking to have gone into this title BEFORE the bungled launch over 1 year and 4 months ago. 

Too many cosmetic changes and not enough REAL patch work.  The technical fixes for this title, ACROSS THE BOARD, ACROSS ALL GAME MODES, gets a

BIG

FAT

F+

FOR A GRADE. 

This game should have been much better from the start or it should have been saved/fixed somewhere VERY SHORTLY after retail release. 

Can't WAIT to see if TLOU is bungled in the same way!  Grab your popcorn! 

YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Message 65 of 108 (256 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 2, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

duke_of_platypus wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

thefiresidecat wrote:

I love joking around anyway with a full party, look for instance at this video in Uncharted 3, we were hiding with the whole team in the airstrip, we managed 20 minutes long not to be found, I couldn't upload everything, but here is the most funny part of that match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNPKcLYp3W8

Hielke6991 asked someone to upload the whole video in fast forward but I can't find it, maybe if he reads it he can post it, it is so funny, I think more than 5 people got kicked for teamkilling, more than 10 people left the game themselves and the rest was just running around shooting each other, while my team was just taunting in a corner for 20 minutes xD

Personally I would find this really boring, but if you had fun with it, god for you.

of course we weren't doing that all day, only once we did that, sometimes you should have a little fun instead of just killing and killing, besides, we all have headsets so we were just talking to each other while waiting in that corner, nothing boring about that :smileywink:

That sounds like a metagame, aka standing in a circle and chatting with your friends. :smileytongue:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 66 of 108 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Mar 2, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

duke_of_platypus wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

thefiresidecat wrote:

That sounds like a metagame, aka standing in a circle and chatting with your friends. :smileytongue:

no, that would be boosting in chain reaction, what we were doing was hiding, and to be honest if I was physically in a match of team deathmatch I would hide because I am scared to get shot, so we were playing the game realistically, didn't we? :smileytongue:

Message 67 of 108 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 2, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

duke_of_platypus wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

thefiresidecat wrote:

no, that would be boosting in chain reaction, what we were doing was hiding, and to be honest if I was physically in a match of team deathmatch I would hide because I am scared to get shot, so we were playing the game realistically, didn't we? :smileytongue:

My point is that both of them can be "boring" for some people... but if some players have fun playing in an "alternative" way (hence the metagame term) without hurting anyone, who am I to disagree with them?! :smileywink:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 68 of 108 (216 Views)
Survivor
2304 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2013

thefiresidecat wrote:

Don't be the jerk. :smileyhappy: 

So someone is a jerk if they don't play in a certain way that caters to noobs... :smileyindifferent:

The game itself already caters to noobs, so I'm not seeing the point.

As much as I understand how people hate tryhards, you people are exagerating the situation to a whole other level.

It's pretty sad.

watchdogs
Message 69 of 108 (190 Views)
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2013

So hoarding power weapons the whole match and killing noobs instantly with them instead of using guns that take some modicum of skill to use is somehow catering to noobs?

I'd call it noob to play that way myself. Especially when you're not up against any kind of serious threat. Only noobs need to rely on PW to get their kills. 

the excuses you guys come up with to not leave the power weapons alone is amazing. 

So are you unable to kill noobs just as efficiently with a regular gun as a power weapon?  I would make another excuse for leaving the power weapons alone - you get more bullets in a better gun if you just keep your own gun rather than relying on one of their guns after you kill them with a power weapon. 

Really, I am losing a ton of respect for the defenders of this sort of thing. the only time power weapon hoarding is justified is if the other team is a power team and is hoarding them and using them efficiently. When you come across these games of 8 FTP people for the most part they can't even kill you with a power weapon. they totally miss. in the mean time you've killed them with whatever normal gun you have. 

There is no excuse for being a try hard against people who can't play the game. All I suggest is if ya'll are really THAT good. Prove it. Cause I am thinking most of this community may have good stats but they're all boosted by powerweapon whoring and cheap tactics in parties of five rather than any kind of skill (like ya'll love to claim you have) 

If you're really that good you don't need the power weapons against these people. It's not some kind of handicap and it's not catering to them. It's being polite in the kill rather than a jerk. Do you want to keep these peple around? Do you want  noobs in the game who are easy to take out?

Gawd, even if you just want better stats it's in  your best interest to not be a jerk to the noobs and keep them here because they are free kills. But if you rocket them from spawn every time they're going to quit this game because it's full of jerks. If you kill them in skilled way they're going to say, "I can get better!" and stick around. 

I'd be asking you to cater to them if I was saying please don't kill the noobs.. I'm just saying leave the power weapons alone. 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 70 of 108 (156 Views)