Fender Bender
2559 posts

Re: don't be *that* guy

Mar 2, 2013

I understand your arguement comes from an un-selfish reasoninng but I don't understand why you're jumping to conclusions. The players being Pw abusers and going all out on noobs is completely fair. I ran into a lobby with complete noobs today and I still managed to get 26-8 without using Pw placements (I did use my tbolt kickbacks thought). Its apart of the learning curve and quiting a match or the game itself because veteran players are capitilizing on Pw's is stupid. Plus they're other gamemodes they can play other than TDM so I don't know why you would be worried if they leave the game because of noobstopping in tdm. Call it being a jerk, tryhard like, unskillful, etc. In the end of the day its apart of the game and it will continue to happen. The only thing they can do is to adapt and learn. Its the only way they would get better.  

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 71 of 108 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2503 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2013

What conclusions am I jumping to? I never said it wasn't fair. I said it was insulting and will make them quit this game very fast. When I think most of us want to keep them in the player pool. 

If you're a good player you dont need hte power weapons against these people.. Just pointing it out. Sure there are other modes. 

But if you're that good you don't need your power weapons to kill these guys and killing htem with power weapons repeatedly WILL make them leave hte game.  It's a fact. If everyone wants to keep a good portion of the noobs being a decent human being  is very helpful. It seems like every game there is one or two guys that go around with a power weapon in their hand the entire match. it's that kind of dickishness that makes people say, bah.. this sucks. I can't even fire my gun and I am dead. I am going to a game where at least I can get a few shots off before I die. 

and the truth of the matter is you can get ridiculous scores not going near a power weapon. 

People complain about how noob friendly this game is already and how terrible that is at the same time they refuse to forego the power weapons against people who can't even aim a gun. 

So basically they're noobs who couldn't deal if there were no power weapons. (lol)

It's not jumping to conclusions. If people were able to get their kills without hogging hte power weapons and finding excuses for being asshats then they'd do it right? But the fact is they aren't able to but they like to pretend they are good. 

How many of those kills were due to your sniper once you got your first kick back? you can keep the sniper alive the whole game if you want to. Granted if you're not camping with it using the sniper in up close and personal combat is very risky. But if you're camping with it.. yeah you can keep those kick backs coming kick back after kick back. 

I'll be the first to admit I go right for the power weapons against high level players and teams of high level players (unless they're friends in which case I try to take off the douchy load outs and don't make a beeline for the PW) But it's because against those kinds of people you do need to pack all the punch you can.. but this is different. It's free kills. 

Why be more douchy then you already are by just killing them over and over? Why do you guys defend being jerks to such a degree? Does it really make you feel like you're some sort of big shot for killing the defenseless in the most insulting way possible?

I had a game with the asshat on the opposite team yesterday. I spent my entire game chasing him down taking away his power weapon wasting the rest of the rounds and then pumping over his body. I died more that game than I had to but it WAS fun being a **bleep** to the other **bleep**. 

And I am also not talking about the game where there are like three noobs in the entire game. I am talking about these games where there are like 7+ noobs. Where basically you are one or one of two or three legacied game owners on the team. 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 72 of 108 (343 Views)
Survivor
2503 posts

Mar 3, 2013
The other thing I've noticed about this new round of players.. they are actually Aiming their guns. I am not getting blindfired very much. I hadn't really thought about it but they're really not irritating me that way. things to encourage.. Hopefully they'll learn good habits and not the scrub ones.

ND reads their tweets.
Message 73 of 108 (339 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 3, 2013
Alright, let's wrap this up. First, @fireside totally, man. The noobs aren't noobs. Except with the sniper. Seriously move your arse when aiming the sniper so I don't get you.

Anyway, here's the thing: Co-op is for fun. Comp is for owning people. There's a lot of people saying they play comp for fun. Either they're lying harder than politicians on campaigns or their "fun" is owning people.

I mean, I might be like "I like making new friends in UC3." Normally I add the people who stay after they get owned by my Raffica because they're a lot harder to break. Otherwise I make friends in Co-op.

Seriously. Stop fooling yourselves. Nobody is nice in COMP, and the only time you act nice is if you get some reminder (halfway through you owning the hell out of the new players) that they're new players.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 74 of 108 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2503 posts

Mar 3, 2013

owning people is something you can do without power weapons. you're just being a noob yourself if the only way you can kill these guys is with power weapons. It's not being nice and not killing them. it's being nice and killing them with a regular gun. they ARE noobs. they are just not scrubs. 

(but people who argue in favor of using power weapons against noobs are scrubs) 

choose your class. 

you WILL win. You Will Own against these guys. there is no question of that. It's are you going to rape them or are you going to at least give the impression of sportsmanship. 

I don't get why common decency is so alien to you guys. 

If you want to rape and pillage your victims will leave.. leaving you with nothing but high level try hards. 

if you want to duel you'll get easy targets. 

be stupid or be smart. 

it's not that hard to figure out. 

ND reads their tweets.
Message 75 of 108 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2559 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2013

"Owning" noobs whether it be with an Ak47, M9, Gmal, Dragon sniper, or even with a fork...its still "owning". Using a variety of weapons or kickbacks makes no difference. When you enter a match you play to win. You utilize with what you got. If one sees a PW and uses it to slaughter the goats, there is nothing wrong with that. Why else are there PW placements in the map? Are we supposed share it with the enemy? Did I miss the memo? 

I like how you use the word "sportsmanship" lol. Sportsmanship: "fairness in following the rules of the game". People that use Pw's are following the rules of the game. So that argument goes out the window.

"Decency"? So not sharing Pw's with the enemy means the player is lacking decency? Wow. I most not be a decent U3 then. Maybe I should have shared the dodge ball with the opposing team during gym class in my middle school days. I guess I never show any decency by dunking or doing a layup when I have a fast break during a game of basketball. I should start doing 3-pointers during fast breaks; you know to make things fair. Maybe I shouldn't use tricks in nhl12 against the opposing team because there is nothing decent about that then. You know I’m such in jerk in COD too. I always use the highest killstreaks to "rape" and "pillage" the opposing team. Next time I should only use a UAV to make things "fair". All this time I thought I was following the rules of the game, but I guess I’m so "stupid" that I’m blind to the problem. You know what i'll dumb down my skills whenever I play sports or competitive games. Hopefully my actions would not make them leave the game permanently. 

You see how stupid that sounds?

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 76 of 108 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
304 posts

Mar 3, 2013
@firesidecat These pw hogs wont give up their pws. Gotta have em Smiley Sad
Message 77 of 108 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2559 posts

Mar 3, 2013

thefiresidecat wrote:

What conclusions am I jumping to? I never said it wasn't fair. I said it was insulting and will make them quit this game very fast. When I think most of us want to keep them in the player pool. 

How do you know it's insulting the opposing player? Did you ask him or her via messages? If not then yes it's jumping to conclusions. What you said is highly assumptive.

If you're a good player you dont need hte power weapons against these people.. Just pointing it out. Sure there are other modes. 

I only use Pw's when they're availalbe. I don't wait for a Pw to appear. If it's there I'll use it.

But if you're that good you don't need your power weapons to kill these guys and killing htem with power weapons repeatedly WILL make them leave hte game.  It's a fact.

So if I use Pw's against an opponent that lack skills they would leave the game? Since you claim it's a fact show me statistical proof to back up your claim. How much has the player pool dropped because of this? Show me numbers.

If everyone wants to keep a good portion of the noobs being a decent human being  is very helpful. It seems like every game there is one or two guys that go around with a power weapon in their hand the entire match. it's that kind of dickishness that makes people say, bah.. this sucks. I can't even fire my gun and I am dead. I am going to a game where at least I can get a few shots off before I die. 

Again, you're being highly assumptive. You think all those things not the people being "raped" or "pillaged".

and the truth of the matter is you can get ridiculous scores not going near a power weapon. 

You're right. Some can.

People complain about how noob friendly this game is already and how terrible that is at the same time they refuse to forego the power weapons against people who can't even aim a gun. 

The game is already noob friendly so there is no need in further dumbing it down. 

So basically they're noobs who couldn't deal if there were no power weapons. (lol)

It's not jumping to conclusions. If people were able to get their kills without hogging hte power weapons and finding excuses for being asshats then they'd do it right? But the fact is they aren't able to but they like to pretend they are good. 

Ok? 

How many of those kills were due to your sniper once you got your first kick back? you can keep the sniper alive the whole game if you want to. Granted if you're not camping with it using the sniper in up close and personal combat is very risky. But if you're camping with it.. yeah you can keep those kick backs coming kick back after kick back. 

I got the tbolt sniper kickback 2 times. I don't camp even with tbolts or snipers. 

I'll be the first to admit I go right for the power weapons against high level players and teams of high level players (unless they're friends in which case I try to take off the douchy load outs and don't make a beeline for the PW) But it's because against those kinds of people you do need to pack all the punch you can.. but this is different. It's free kills. 

Ok? 

Why be more douchy then you already are by just killing them over and over? Why do you guys defend being jerks to such a degree? Does it really make you feel like you're some sort of big shot for killing the defenseless in the most insulting way possible?

Insulting way possible? Give me a break its apart of the game and its apart of their learning curve. 

I had a game with the asshat on the opposite team yesterday. I spent my entire game chasing him down taking away his power weapon wasting the rest of the rounds and then pumping over his body. I died more that game than I had to but it WAS fun being a **bleep** to the other **bleep**. 

See I don't endorse that whatsoever. You think forcibly dictating what people should do in a match by harassing them constantly because of a PW doesn't help nobody. I don't see that as fun either. 

And I am also not talking about the game where there are like three noobs in the entire game. I am talking about these games where there are like 7+ noobs. Where basically you are one or one of two or three legacied game owners on the team. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 78 of 108 (254 Views)
Fender Bender
2559 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2013

Ren__Hoek wrote:
@firesidecat These pw hogs wont give up their pws. Gotta have em Smiley Sad

Oh so pointing out the Op's flawed arguements means im a PW hog? I don't play like that, heck ask some of the people who posted in this thread....I either ran into them in a match or play with them. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 79 of 108 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 3, 2013

On the other hand, can someone tell me WHY legit newbies should play TDM or any other kill-oriented mode for that matter? Smiley Indifferent

If anything, I'd recommend them to start playing objective modes (Plunder/TO) first, because even if they get owned/raped/slaughtered, they will still have fun doing the objective.

If F2P had Co-op and/or SP, I'd recommend that. Ideally it should be like this: SP -> Co-op -> Objective modes -> kill-oriented modes.

Does anyone disagree with this?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 80 of 108 (239 Views)