Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1861 posts

Re: don't be *that* guy

Mar 3, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

On the other hand, can someone tell me WHY legit newbies should play TDM or any other kill-oriented mode for that matter? :smileyindifferent:

If anything, I'd recommend them to start playing objective modes (Plunder/TO) first, because even if they get owned/raped/slaughtered, they will still have fun doing the objective.

If F2P had Co-op and/or SP, I'd recommend that. Ideally it should be like this: SP -> Co-op -> Objective modes -> kill-oriented modes.

Does anyone disagree with this?

Newbies playing obj, plunder, and coop first makes sense 100% agreed. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 108 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Mar 3, 2013

I did this once, but I never did again after like... 2 times... 

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 108 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Mar 4, 2013
i absolutely agree it always sickens me when i'm playing on a team against people that aren't doing so well and my team unrelentingly uses what i'd call dirty tactics to win given the context.

like teaming up on the losing team or attacking them continuously with power weapons/kickbacks etc

i hardly use kickbacks/power weapons myself anymore
Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 108 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10011 posts

Mar 4, 2013
I was going to suggest newbs play co-op first then HC since in co-op there's just AI and in HC, pretty much everyone is equal.

Then I remembered F2P doesn't have Co-op and HC was removed.

Anyway, they should play Plunder first. TO has Deathmatch, right?
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 108 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5833 posts

Mar 4, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I was going to suggest newbs play co-op first then HC since in co-op there's just AI and in HC, pretty much everyone is equal.

Then I remembered F2P doesn't have Co-op and HC was removed.

Anyway, they should play Plunder first. TO has Deathmatch, right?

chances are, a buncha noobs playing TO against experienced players. They may never see deathmatch(round 5)

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 108 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10011 posts

Mar 4, 2013
That is true. I've seen enough OP turf camping skills.

Might as well play Plunder. Unless suddenly people started playing it correct, they can probably score a few idols amidst the 20-min mock DM.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 108 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 4, 2013

ND implemented some fixes to deter kill-farming, so objective modes are ideal for newbies.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 108 (134 Views)
Fender Bender
2846 posts

Mar 4, 2013

wais_45 wrote:

I like how you use the word "sportsmanship" lol. Sportsmanship: "fairness in following the rules of the game". People that use Pw's are following the rules of the game. So that argument goes out the window.

I disagree with that, sportsmanship is not only following the rules, take soccer for instance, I used to play soccer a while back with friends of all ages, from 10 years old to 50 years old, boys and girls, men and women, I was the keeper often, and when we were winning (for instance 5 - 3), the defense would let the 10 year old girl on the opponents team pass (of course making it look like the 10 year old girl was better than them), and I would let her score the goal by diving the wrong way, that is sportsmanship too, following rules is not the only thing nescesary for good sportsmanship, so in Uncharted 3 sportsmanship is not playing according to the rules, but giving your opponent a fair chanche of having a little fun in the game as well, that is true sportsmanship :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 108 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2866 posts

Mar 4, 2013

thefiresidecat wrote:

I've been playing today by myself. most of the time surrounded by complete noobs sometimes another decent player on my team. inevitably that one other decent player has a power weapon in their hands the whole match.. Why would you do that against noobs. Let them have the powerweapons. odds are you're going to kill them before they can figure out how to use it anyway.. Right? 

If you're in a party make a pact to play with harder to use guns. give them a sporting chance or they're going to leave. (unless of course you're so terrible that you can't kill them any other way)  I am not the best player in the world and I can outshoot them with a pistol.. quickly. 

Don't be the jerk. :smileyhappy: 

I find this interesting.  In FFA though, if you do not use power weapons like the shotgun, etc. the person who does actually gets to 15 Kills faster.

If you do not want to be "that guy" in FFA, then better to get the shotgun (or other long-gun power weapons) first and switch to your pistol so no one else can use it to their un-fair advantage over noob-dudes.

:smileyhappy:

2544133150[1].png

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 108 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3535 posts

Mar 4, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

I like how you use the word "sportsmanship" lol. Sportsmanship: "fairness in following the rules of the game". People that use Pw's are following the rules of the game. So that argument goes out the window.

I disagree with that, sportsmanship is not only following the rules, take soccer for instance, I used to play soccer a while back with friends of all ages, from 10 years old to 50 years old, boys and girls, men and women, I was the keeper often, and when we were winning (for instance 5 - 3), the defense would let the 10 year old girl on the opponents team pass (of course making it look like the 10 year old girl was better than them), and I would let her score the goal by diving the wrong way, that is sportsmanship too, following rules is not the only thing nescesary for good sportsmanship, so in Uncharted 3 sportsmanship is not playing according to the rules, but giving your opponent a fair chanche of having a little fun in the game as well, that is true sportsmanship :smileyhappy:

I simply believe it's sportsmanship when you beat the other naturally, normally, w/out diving the wrong way and whatever, but act graciously about it at the end. 
Do you feel me?

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 108 (97 Views)
0 Likes