Jan 09 2014
By: thegoon59 Lombax Warrior 116 posts

lag issues

2 replies 265 views Edited Jan 9, 2014
this is to everyone who hates laggers. i get lots of msgs for lagging. its not that i have a crappy internet. i have a broadband internet plan. it.just so happens that i mostly get matchmaked with people who are either on the opposite side of the world or from another continent...so theres obviously gonna be latency lag. this game is p2p based...it doesnt have dedicated servers. i get hate messages for killing people who are well past a wall(although in my screen it shows them as they were 2 seconds before they did anything). i get the same thing too. i.e. i get killed when im way past a wall/cover. its quite frustrating i know but its not like i have an advantage(if any)... i dont use any noobish methods(boosters/kickbcks/weapon/mods) but people still send hate messages for lagging.

an example...when i played a custom game with my real life friend who lives only a couple of kilometres.away....the gameplay was drastically smooth(just try it yourself and you'll see). i could not believe that this game even had the potential to be that smooth.

anyway...my point is...this game is too much fun for me to stop playing...even with the tremendous amount of lag. so before u complain about lag, just think that not every player u get matchmaked with lives in the same area. and since this game is 2 years old and.theres a different player pool for people having/not having maps... that means that the gameplay will obviously have some lag. enjoy gaming everyone.

P.S. i live in australia
Message 1 of 3 (265 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Re: lag issues

Jan 11, 2014
I played against you (and with you) a few days ago. I'm in the states. Your lag was overwhelming. Honestly, one of the worst I've seen. I wouldn't have guessed you lived in Australia. But oh well, it's not your fault. And you seem like a decent player either way.
Message 2 of 3 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2830 posts

Re: lag issues

Jan 11, 2014
I feel like the message I sent you is responsible for this thread Smiley Tongue Anyways you didn't lag the last time we played a night ago, so maybe having a bad host also makes it seem like you're lagging more than you actually are sometimes.
Message 3 of 3 (211 Views)
0 Likes