Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 12 2013
By: Matthijs_17 Fender Bender 2852 posts

leaked ad campaign, link to Uncharted 4?

24 replies 490 views Edited May 12, 2013

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/10/supposed-ps4-marketing-leaks-reveals-greatness-awaits-slogan

I was just looking up some ps4 stuff until I bumped into this, it's some kind of markething stuff or something, but what caught my eye was the slogan 'greatness awaits', now we all now Sir Francis Drake's motto 'sic parvis magna', which means 'greatness from small beginnings', so perhaps this is some kind of hint to Uncharted 4, maybe it's far-fetched, but I thought there would be no harm done in sharing it with you all! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 25 (490 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4892 posts

Re: leaked ad campaign, link to Uncharted 4?

May 12, 2013
I think it'd be cool if they went after either biblical or mythological treasures in the next game.
 photo enemy_zpsb0542811.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 25 (483 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10031 posts

May 12, 2013
After reading through it's more of the greatness of the player, not Nate's no-luck treasure hunting bonanza.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 25 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2852 posts

May 12, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
I think it'd be cool if they went after either biblical or mythological treasures in the next game.

I don't care what they are after as long as the story is awesome :smileywink:

there are a few things I do want though:

- a less lineair world, it doesn't have to be open world, just a little bigger so you can explore more

- underwater gameplay, not just the swimming below surface option we have in uc3

- better hand to hand combat and stealth compared to uc3, it was good in uc2, I have no idea how they could ruin it in uc3

- interesting enemy's like in uc1, people who played it know what I mean, but I don't say it because of spoilers

- a single player store, seriously why wasn't that in uc3

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 25 (455 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2852 posts

May 12, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
After reading through it's more of the greatness of the player, not Nate's no-luck treasure hunting bonanza.

yeah, could be, but you're not having such a campaign when you don't have an Uncharted title in the works have you, at least that's what I think :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 25 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10031 posts

May 12, 2013
I thought UC3's combat was more interesting due to environmental attacks. Hell, most of my melee kills are environmental.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 25 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4892 posts

May 12, 2013
You can hit people in the face with your Kal!
 photo enemy_zpsb0542811.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 25 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10031 posts

May 12, 2013
You can?
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 25 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2852 posts

May 12, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I thought UC3's combat was more interesting due to environmental attacks. Hell, most of my melee kills are environmental.

I thought the melee looked and sounded bad compared to Uncharted 2, and especially the stealth looks bad, for instance the wall takedowns, if drake is in cover against a wall, he can grab an opponent and swing him against the wall next to him you know, in both uc2 and uc3 you can do that, but in uc2 drake reaches further with his arms if the enemy is further away, but in uc3 the enemy just slides towards you and then you grab him and swing him against the wall, very lazy work from ND, the same goes for other animations regarding stealth, the low cover kick, and the other 2 do not even happen in the game because opponents never seem to keep their face the other way, so the head smash on the low cover or the slap in the face and the and then hide the body animations don't even appear in the game...

also I'm not to fond on the melee, I do agree the environmental stuff was cool sometimes, like slapping a guy with the fridgedoor in the pub, or throwing them out of the window in the part before that, but actually that first pub brawl was the only interesting melee part for me, the other parts were just smashing guys with ugly animations and counter moves that were ugly too and occasionally smash one with a bottle, the bigger guys were a bit more fun but I didn't really like those either, and it just wasn't exciting...

in both uc1 and uc2 it was better in my opinion also because:

Spoiler
the variety in emenies, for instance the cursed spaniards in uc1 you had to throw them off of you by shaking the sixaxis or else you would die, I loved that, it was very dangerous to reload because they ran immediately towards you to grab you and if you failed shaken the sixaxis properly you died, and in uc2 the yeti's (guardians) infliced lots of damage if you failed to counter them when they threw you on the ground, also the Draza part was awesome, and in UC1 you had those timed takedowns on enemy's where you had to do square-triangle-square to take someone down with a very sweet animation, I loved that, but in uc3 it's just clunky stuff, I did enjoy the boss fights melee though, forgot to mention that, the talbot sections were pretty awesome looking and sounding, but that's about it...

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 25 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2852 posts

May 12, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
You can?

it's a finisher, softening up enemies with gunfire then finishing them of with one punch triggers a certain animation, you take your gun and swing it like a pipe to his face...

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 25 (424 Views)
0 Likes