Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: partysplits every day (1.17 and still not fixed...)

Feb 27, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Before I say what I see as problems in matchmaking...

you honestly think partysplitting is the biggest and/or only problem having to do with the matchmaking system?

Yes, it's the most annoying issue for MANY people. Do you know how many threads have been made about party splits?

I hope you don't mean the imaginary "balancing" crap. The matchmaking will NEVER be able to balance teams properly! Wanna know why? Because people will always abuse alts. That's the harsh truth.

It's even worse now that someone can make a new shiny alt and stay at Level 15 forever, LOL.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 44 (208 Views)
Gaming Beast
1861 posts

Feb 27, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Where did I even mention KDR!?

I'm honestly still not seeing the big deal with partysplitting, tbh I don't care if it is never fixed seeing as there are much bigger problems with matchmaking in general. Along with other fixes that still need to be made that should have more priority over this 'bug'

The purpose of the multiplayer party systems is to allow players to join groups (friends) to enter competitive or coop modes. If that party keeps getting split when players are found its not living up to its purpose. When I get split I dont want to battle against my friens I want to play with them. If I wanted to play against them I would have just played customs (as Tap mentioned). You claim there is a much "bigger" problem with matchmaking, and party splits is one of them. It is a "bug" and it is one of many problems in this game. 

As for patch 1.17, they claimed they fixed recurrent bugs what were they? The dead body glitch (I swear I saw someone post that they still saw this) and the airwalk glitch were the only one? The only good thing about this patch was the removal of some medals in Plunder and Team Objective. Yes I know we got colours and the people wanting them are happy about it and Im happy for them, but obviously that got more priority than technical fixes. At this point I give up on U3 and all those bugs that are left are not going to be fixed.  Hoepfully ND does a better job with U4. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 44 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5843 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Well for one, the parties getting seperated from the match and lobby, as in only part of the party actually getting into game while the rest is stuck in the lobby, that seems more like a problem to me. Since they literally get seperated and have to reform the party.

As well as yea, the "balancing crap". Not so much based on levels...because I think thats BS too, but it should find players close to your level in general, its obvious that we still have plenty of high levels around playing the game as well as a general fluctuation of low levels coming in, so they should be given a priority of finding their peers, instead of cutting it down the middle and giving 1 high level the misfortune of having the low levels as teammates.

As for parties in general, they should have (at least the 4-5 man parties) a priority in finding other parties, so you are less likely to be faced against 5 randoms where half usually quit before the match starts and actually results in the party being split sometimes.

I could also mention the fact that matchmaking is global and getting 10 different people from 10 different parts of the world and making it a lagfest...but I'm sure that's not gonna change...

I would personally want to be matched against/with people my level then with a buncha level 10s and have less lag being matched against foreign players, as well as not getting seperated completely from my party. AS well as getting a decent challenge when I play in a party(which is why I don't mind splitting as well, I know my friends are good and they're a challenge) and not just jump in a party of 5 and win every TDM 50-4, every plunder in 3 mins, every TO in a 3-round sweep, etc. RATHER than simply cry about getting seperated from my friends for 1 match every now and then.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 44 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

As for parties in general, they should have (at least the 4-5 man parties) a priority in finding other parties, so you are less likely to be faced against 5 randoms where half usually quit before the match starts and actually results in the party being split sometimes.

So, you want to increase the chances of finding parties from Mexico and Brazil, eh? You assume that there are enough parties from my region, eh? You also assume that all 4-5 man parties are unbeatable.

No thanks, I'm tired of hearing "compliments" about my mother (I don't know why Latinos have such an obsession, but it's true). Not to mention that many parties back out when they face other parties, so team splitting would only become worse.

Just deal with the fact that nothing will change. You say that people "cry" when they get split, but on the other hand you cry when you are being matched against parties. Oh, the irony!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 44 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5843 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Hmm, I see several different parties everytime I boot up my game, doesn't seem like their numbers are low. As of now it feels like it just sticks random people together in matchmaking. For the most part yea 4-5 man parties are unbeatable when you're given level 3s as teammates. I've went insanely positive on these guys with 30+ kills and still lost because of the team balancing. Sure if you get other competent randoms that's fine, but often times you don't which is a point I covered as well, find people closer to your level.

Just deal with the fact that nothing will change.

umm I am... all I simply did was say the fixes that should be more important than partysplitting, and there is no irony, I'm addressing a more important problem. getting seperated from your friends for a match < having unbalanced teams all the time to the point where every game is either impossible to win or can be won with your eyes closed.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 44 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Stop crying about "unbalanced" teams then. I don't "cry" about party splits anymore. I know that the 2-man ND team won't fix them, so I use workarounds (backing out after every match). Maybe you should do the same.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 44 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5843 posts

Feb 28, 2013

I'm not, I just brought up the things that are more important than partysplitting. Then you came along saying partysplitting is the biggest issue ever and nothing is more important!

I'm fine(not in the sense that it's good, but the sense that I'm dealing with it) with matchmaking and still have fun both with/without my friends in uncharted but playing lone wolf and with varying party sizes it is easy to see the problems with matchmaking and the issues overall with it...my smallest concern was with partysplitting...

photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 44 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 28, 2013

For me and many other people party splitting is one of the biggest issues. For YOU "unbalanced" teams seem to be the "biggest" issue.

To sum it up: different strokes for different folks. I've played as a lone wolf many times and I know how it feels. But I also know that low-level alts can easily skew the balance (sometimes in your favor) and no, you cannot do anything about that, because TDM is not the end all be all of UC3 MP. There is also Plunder/TO in case you have forgotten them.

Workaround: play in a party of 5 and back out after every match. That solves many problems (party splits, derpy teammates etc.).

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 44 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5843 posts

Feb 28, 2013

TDM is boring... Plunder is too honestly to me, I play TO the most(shows what you know about me and what I play). That doesn't stop parties from going to every mode, which includes elimination, classic, and lab too. I run into them everywhere. Albeit less in some modes they are still there.

I do play in a party of 5 sometimes, as said earlier 'I play in varying party sizes' and actually hate it because each match is redundantly easy... which is also a previous point I brought up earlier. As much as you say that I'm saying this because "I hate going against parties" , it isn't the reason.

Unbalancing goes 2 ways; sure you can get severely outmatched with team balancing and have no hope of winning, but you can also get the easiest enemies in the world and have a borefest of grinding to 50 kills, 5 caps, 3 wins, etc. with 0 challenge(yea call me dumb for wanting some sort of challenge in something called competitive multiplayer)

P.S. 1000 posts woo :smileytongue:

photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 44 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

If you want to have a challenge every single time, go play 2-man Co-op Shade Crushing in every map... there's nothing more challenging in this game.

You can even disable boosters/kickbacks/weapon mods to make it more challenging. :smileywink:

inb4 "Co-op is boring"

Regarding Competitive, you can always try Fragged Nation... although I still consider the Shade scenario way more challenging (no one has accomplished it).

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 44 (86 Views)
0 Likes