Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Monster Hunter
23 posts

Re: post your ammount of co-op crushings completed here!

Nov 4, 2013

Easy: 50

Normal: 100

Hard: 250

Crushing: 675

Kills: 130k~

Message 11 of 27 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2132 posts

Nov 4, 2013
206, most were from public games, I have indeed suffered, as I would have had twice the number had it not been for bugs, or non Team Safe'd Cluster Bombs.
Pepsi
Message 12 of 27 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
23 posts

Nov 4, 2013

I don't even remember how many times I died from non-team safe cluster bombs in public matches... The worst times are when they have bargin and go for all the kills and boxes...

Pubic matches can be fun though. I recall mulitple times when I'd find some great players and we would do like 7 in a row on Crushing. But that kind of gets boring so it's always fun to get a new player in to make it more challenging.

What glitches did you run into? I'm guessing the 3 players are all dead glitch or the Idol disappearing completely?

Message 13 of 27 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Nov 4, 2013

I'd have to double check...something like 570 crushing completions.

I play mostly Crushing with friends for a challenge but completions are my thing...no matter what the difficulty.  I will NOT vote for Crushing with randoms unless I’ve already played a match with them and they demonstrated they’re smart AND cooperative.  They can have the majority of the kills/cash…I just like completing matches.  What I have no patience for is uncooperative, selfish and/or unintelligent gameplay.

Message 14 of 27 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3538 posts

Nov 4, 2013

lII-Venom-lII wrote:

I think I have 2 as well lol.
I'll check. 

Do you feel me?

Message 15 of 27 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Nov 4, 2013

I always play crushing though it's hard when playing with two other randoms (public lobby) since you don't know how each person plays (whether they do teamwork or just leave you when you need healing/"gold rush" mode and need backup). And it irks me when playing with strangers and you're the only one who votes let alone votes for crushing and the others vote for hard *rolls eyes*

Message 16 of 27 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Nov 4, 2013

Match completions are where it’s at for me.

Personally, I’d rather people voted based on their level of skill and/or the level of cooperation they’re willing to put forth.  A completion on Normal is much more satisfying to me than a frustration fest in Crushing where I have to keep reviving people because they’re being selfish or use up all our lives when I finally get tired of reviving them every 30 seconds or so.  I think my record was 35 revives in one match…just to see how high I could go…and my two teammates weren’t that bad in that one, which is why I remained patient for so long.  Usually, I cut them off after a few revives that I consider to have resulted from overtly reckless or selfish behavior.

One of my pet peeves is players that are not up to Crushing that vote for it anyway – I can only assume that this is because they see my completions and they figure they might get a crushing completion for “free”?  Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind playing with inexperienced or less skilled players at all as long as they play intelligently or demonstrate that they’re learning/thinking.  I’ve gamed with plenty of low ranked players that were much better teammates (some, clearly skilled using alternate accounts and others less skilled that at least played cooperatively) than many Legacy 5 Rank 75s.

In crushing, two decent players can usually carry an inexperienced third and while  I consider myself a pretty solid coop player, even I don’t think I could carry two idjits on Crushing through a full 10 rounds…and even if I could, I would likely end up being the last person standing for a number of rounds.  Then, I run the risk of them leaving the match and I get squat for my efforts and time. No completion, no treasures, no cash and no XP…NO THANKS!

If I want to play crushing, I do so with friends that know what they’re doing or with randoms that have first proven themselves in at least one match. 

Message 17 of 27 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11119 posts

Nov 5, 2013

Iv'e done 60+ on Crushing, 180+ on hard.

Seantastic88 wrote:

Easy: 50

Normal: 100

Hard: 250

Crushing: 675

Kills: 130k~

Do you have all co-op arena treasures?

Message 18 of 27 (146 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Nov 5, 2013
He only has a little over 1,000 co-op completions, so I'm thinking probably not lol.
Message 19 of 27 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2013

I DO NOT have all the coop arena treasures and this is an extremely sore point for me….I play a lot of coop….well over 2000 completions (of something like 3300 matches)…nearly 220K kills and I’m still missing a treasure – Lion Nepal (Bronze).

While the treasure drop rate adjustment in patch 1.18 was a VERY welcome change, as near as I can tell it does not address the real issue…

I’ve been collecting data on coop arena treasure drops for a couple of months now (about 500 drops) and while this may not be a statistically significant sampling, it looks pretty clear that there ARE rare treasures.  There are some adventure and competitive treasure sets in the Antiquity and Artifact sets but of the 25 Coop Arena sets, the last treasure listed for 14 of those sets has not dropped at all (as of the most recent update for the data I’m collecting).  The 19 most infrequently occurring treasures are also the last ones listed in their sets.  In other words, when I sort the individual treasures based on the number of times they’ve dropped for me…the bottom 19 are the last ones listed in of their respective sets.  Collectively, the bottom 20 treasures have dropped only 11 times (11/493) for 2.2%...based on even distribution, this should be closer to 29% (20/67).

The three most common treasures for me (Passport (bronze), Wrathful Deity Head (hematite) and Conch Horn (gold)) have dropped 62 times (62/493) which represents more than 12% of the drops.  If the chances of any particular treasure dropping is equal, then the percentage should be closer to ~4.5% (3/67).

My only consolation is that treasure drop changes in patch 1.18 will have the effect of increasing the number of matches I play which MAY eventually bag me the one treasure that has eluded me for over two years.

Message 20 of 27 (140 Views)
0 Likes