Jun 27 2013
By: BananaKing_211 First Son 3 posts

question about online passes - if a mod or ND employee could answer

[ Edited ]
9 replies 356 views Edited Jun 29, 2013

ok, so in 2011 i bought the uncharted 3 on launch day, i played and loved the multiplayer. sadly, last year in august my PS3 broke down and i lost my PSN (my brother made it, forgot the passwords for both the account and email, geez) 

anyways, i want to play the online for U3 again. my question is this, i have a region 2 CD (EU) but on my EU account the online pass costs 12 bucks, but on the USA account (region 1) it costs 10 bucks. this makes a difference to me because i also want to  buy LBP2 for 10 bucks, and i just want to buy one 20$ PSN card. 

my question is, if i buy an online pass from a region 1 accuont (USA) would it work on a Region 2 disk?

side note : i feel i shouldnt pay for this online pass as i did buy the game new but lost my account. though, i dont think there is anything i can do baout it

Message 1 of 10 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Re: question about online passes

Jun 27, 2013

wow, that really sucks! Smiley Sad

I hope you didn't bhought a lot of stuff that you all lost, must be very annoying, maybe you can contact Sony and explain it, and maybe they can retrieve the password for you, although you have probably have to prove somehow that that account is indeed yours, but it's worth a shot I guess...

anyway, on your subject, I don't know much about it, I do know that I have Uncharted 2 imported from England, but I downloaded some DLC for it from The Netherlands ps store, and then it didn't work, so I had to create an English account, and download it from there, and then it did work, so if your online pass works the same as my UC2 DLC, then I guess you can't download the online pass from another country's store because it's region locked, so you have to buy 2 psn cards, or you can use a credit card if you, or anyone you know, has one, good luck!

Message 2 of 10 (352 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 29, 2013

thanks for the info. but question, isnt the online pass installed on the PS3 and opens everything? i mean i used to play on my USA account through my region 2 game and pass. 

i wish a mod could clear this up or something

Message 3 of 10 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Jun 29, 2013

BananaKing_211 wrote:

thanks for the info. but question, isnt the online pass installed on the PS3 and opens everything? i mean i used to play on my USA account through my region 2 game and pass. 

i wish a mod could clear this up or something

I don't know, but what you can do, you can send a message to Eric-ND, he is the community strategist from Naughty Dog, maybe he can help you out, an answer isn't guaranteed, but it's worth a shot Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 10 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Re: question about online passes - if a mod or ND employee could answer

Jun 30, 2013
Welcome to the forums BananaKing! Smiley Happy

Since DLC is installed on your system you can play on any account signed in as long as the DLC and disc are from the same region.

For example, my disc in Canada/US and my DLC is Canada/US so they match and I can play it on my PS3 with any account that I have (My Japanese account, UK account, US account and Canadian account)

But because uncharted 3 is region locked, if I bought DLC from the EU store it wouldn't work with my disc no matter what account I am on, and if I had a EU disc with US DLC it would not work either.

Hopefully that helps Smiley Wink

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 5 of 10 (277 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 30, 2013

thank you for the welcome and the info, its very much appreciated :-) 

but my question is about the online pass, not DLC, unless an online pass is considered DLC?

Message 6 of 10 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Jun 30, 2013

BananaKing_211 wrote:

thank you for the welcome and the info, its very much appreciated :-) 

but my question is about the online pass, not DLC, unless an online pass is considered DLC?

I'm pretty sure it is

Message 7 of 10 (268 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Jun 30, 2013
Yeah I am almost 100% sure that is is considered DLC Smiley Wink

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 8 of 10 (248 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jun 30, 2013
I can verify for 100% that the online pass is DLC. After my ps3 and games were stolen I bought a ps3 bundle that came with UC3. When I went to enter the online pass that came with it, it didn't work (a common problem with the bundles).

So since I already had uc3 in the past, I went to the PS Store and redownloaded my previous online code from previous download list and it worked like a charm. Just the same way you would download DLC onto a 2nd ps3.
Message 9 of 10 (244 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Jul 1, 2013
Yeah online pass is DLC, but I'm not 100% certain that it works like other DLC (region wise ) Smiley Wink

I think it does, it's not worth taking the chance Smiley Tongue

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 10 of 10 (226 Views)
0 Likes