Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2122 posts

Re: "Over 100,000 downloads of F2P"

Mar 6, 2013

SCORPiON5150 wrote:

So I just tested it.. With 2 disc versions of the game that I have (obviously). I took it a step further & got out the stopwatch this time. 630ms appears to be the mark that I both hear & see the other character shoot on the opposite screen. It's so bad it's kind of hilarious to watch, & it makes you fully grasp how broken the game is. it also makes you fully realize why you are always getting killed in cover & experienceing ridiculous things like your mysterious death on village.

ANYONE that plays this game a lot & has the capability of seeing this first hand (i.e. owns 2 ps3s) should most definitely do so. It's a real eye opener to the outrageous moments that happen in the game! Add a little genuine connection lag to this 630ms of lag that ND never optimized at all & you have a full 3/4 second + of lag at the absolute BEST POSSIBLE SCENARIO. That means it's likely more like 1 second + lag on every single movement or shot fired in the game from either side at any given time - & it only gets worse from that point on!

Makes you wonder if they even really test this stuff. Shame on ND either way for releasing such a busted product right out of the box, broken @ the very deepest core element of gameplay. On a competitive shooter it is an expected requirement that your enemy die within xx amount of shots, & an expected requirement that you do not take damage once you are out of the line of fire (i.e. in cover, around corner, etc).

What a joke.

So in a LAN setup there is still more than a half second of "built in" lag? That is amazing.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 31 of 43 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 6, 2013

@Scorpion

Are you sure that your equipment (TV, AV receiver etc.) is configured properly (game mode)? 630ms is absolutely unacceptable in a LAN match.

I've played LAN matches with a few friends long time ago and I didn't notice any lagginess.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-lag-effect-psn-xbox-live-analysis

^ Even UK <-> Israel latency is less than 500ms (433ms to be precise).

edit: It's 133ms, not 433ms (temporary lag).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 32 of 43 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 6, 2013

Wanna hear some thing else that will make you quiver.

Now having two ps3s and a 50mb connection (so you cant blame it on that) I have noticed some thing else.

THE MATCH STARTS SOONER FOR OTHER PLAYERS!!!

My wife and I can join a match from the beginning and I will be nearly half way to picking up the hammer on

the air strip BE FOR SHE EVEN GETS TO SPAWN.

W-T-F?

I don't mean like one second, I mean like nearly a 4 sec delay!

We are in the same **bleep** room. This is regular match making, I haven't tested it in LAN.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Message 33 of 43 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 6, 2013

@DM

Do you mean that she still sees the black screen and the spinning ring?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 34 of 43 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 6, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Wanna hear some thing else that will make you quiver.

Now having two ps3s and a 50mb connection (so you cant blame it on that) I have noticed some thing else.

THE MATCH STARTS SOONER FOR OTHER PLAYERS!!!

My wife and I can join a match from the beginning and I will be nearly half way to picking up the hammer on

the air strip BE FOR SHE EVEN GETS TO SPAWN.

W-T-F?

I don't mean like one second, I mean like nearly a 4 sec delay!

We are in the same **bleep** room. This is regular match making, I haven't tested it in LAN.

I've noticed Black Ops 2 does that. Other party members have already started playing and have been running around for about 5 seconds before I can choose my loadout and play. (No I'm not joining a match)

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 35 of 43 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Yes, everything is definitely configured correctly.. Also PS3s hardwired, etc. I am quite tech savvy. However, I DO have 8 different HDMI capable displays here in my home... So I just double checked on 2 totally different screens to see if it's the same. 1 is a 28" Hanns G gaming monitor with 2ms delay & the other I used is an Asus HDMI monitor w/ 4ms delay.There does appear to be a possibly drop of PERHAPS 80-100ms or so vs my 3DTV & A/V receiver which is surprising.

Still seeing about 550ms or so on the stopwatch now. 500-550ms lag between when I press R1 while aiming & see or hear a shot fired on other screen, except I've just noticed that sometime it's only about 100ms very inconsistently maybe 1 out of 10 single shots fired) which makes no sense at all. Either way, pretty unnacceptable. Bringing in a split screen player & performing the same test but on 1 system, I am seeing about 30-50ms of input lag so it's definitely not my perception or ability to be on point with the stop watch or anything like that either... Huge obvious difference present.

& BTW I am an old school PC gamer (still am) so I'm likely more sensitive than a lot of the console players would be as far as what I consider "tolerable" lag... I will always feel the difference between a 50ms ping server & a 20ms one on PC.

Message 36 of 43 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2122 posts

Mar 7, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

So, does North America notice less lag or not? I'm really curious...

Ok so currently Im seeing more lag.

Lag everywhere.

Party of 5s, from my country, and they all lag.

My teammates lag.

Lag everywhere.

Ive been playing on my F2P HDD recently...I wonder if it performs worse than the disc? I dunno if thats a plausible theory, but, lag is worse for me.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 37 of 43 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

Mar 7, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

@DM

What I'm talking about is every thing is behind.

I'll be just about to start the match even before she gets to the spinning ring.

That's a pretty big delay.

Never even knew about that till like 3 weeks ago when I bought her a ps3.

I have noticed some times I'll spawn at the beginning of a match and head towards a power weapon and

see the kill cam saying that so and so killed some one with it.

How did they get there so quick? This is probably why.

Message 38 of 43 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 7, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

@DM

I'll be just about to start the match even before she gets to the spinning ring.

I have noticed some times I'll spawn at the beginning of a match and head towards a power weapon and

There is a possibility that some consoles might read data from the Blu-Ray disc faster/better than other consoles. Try the F2P version.

Message 39 of 43 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

Mar 7, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

@DM

There is a possibility that some consoles might read data from the Blu-Ray disc faster/better than other consoles. Try the F2P version.

Na, thanks.

I'm feeling better about playing the NO version.

**** U3.

I got better games I'm playing.

Just played a few days of U3 when she got her ps3 because it was the only game we both had.

Hers came with it.

Message 40 of 43 (103 Views)
0 Likes