Jul 10, 2013

Sitrongr wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Sitrongr wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Sitrongr wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

It's Sony's fault for not releasing a PS3 firmware to disable XMB sign outs when you're playing online games, just like it disables PSN downloads to prevent lag issues.

I don't think disabling that option would be wise what ND needs to do is simply code their games to penalise everyone who leaves a game, even if you leave during the lobby, once the teams have been selected if you leave it's still a loss.

Worst Solution Ever

Most useless reply ever. 

I guess you would like having more losses than wins.

Actually I do :smileyhappy:. Mostly because of getting removed or leaving laggy games but I don't care about my stats, end of the day, I just make sure to do my best in matches... 

If you are trying your best but you still lose, it's more than just laggy players and lag outs which is wrong....

lol did I say I lose alot ? 

Because I do well & go 2:1- 4:1 positive in most games... I'm just saying I have a negative W/L Ratio & I simply dont care.

Message 51 of 82 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: separate PTs and solo players

Jul 10, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

I'd love to use the F2P version but I don't wanna pay to remove ads :smileysad: 

Also would the F2P version recognize all my DLC Maps?? #NoobQuestion

I don't support Sony/ND's greediness (IMHO it should be free if you have redeemed the online pass), but unfortunately it's the only way to get rid of stupid technical issues and also to prolong your Blu-Ray laser's longevity.

Yes, it recognizes all Competitive DLCs (maps/skins etc).

@Sitron

Yeah, the host XMB sign out trick is a huge problem for p2p games like Uncharted or TLOU.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 52 of 82 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Sitrongr wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Sitrongr wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Sitrongr wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

It's Sony's fault for not releasing a PS3 firmware to disable XMB sign outs when you're playing online games, just like it disables PSN downloads to prevent lag issues.

I don't think disabling that option would be wise what ND needs to do is simply code their games to penalise everyone who leaves a game, even if you leave during the lobby, once the teams have been selected if you leave it's still a loss.

Worst Solution Ever

Most useless reply ever. 

Actually I do :smileyhappy:. Mostly because of getting removed or leaving laggy games but I don't care about my stats, end of the day, I just make sure to do my best in matches... 

If you are trying your best but you still lose, it's more than just laggy players and lag outs which is wrong....

Because I do well & go 2:1- 4:1 positive in most games... I'm just saying I have a negative W/L Ratio & I simply dont care.

If you have a negative WLR that means you lose more than you win. What you were saying was you would want even more losses even if you got disconnected or removed right when you have found players.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 53 of 82 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 10, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

I don't support Sony/ND's greediness (IMHO it should be free if you have redeemed the online pass), but unfortunately it's the only way to get rid of stupid technical issues and also to prolong your Blu-Ray laser's longevity.

@Sitron

Yeah, the host XMB sign out trick is a huge problem for p2p games like Uncharted or TLOU.

last question, do you know the price to remove ads?

Message 54 of 82 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Sitrongr wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Sitrongr wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Sitrongr wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Sitrongr wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Worst Solution Ever

Most useless reply ever. 

If you have a negative WLR that means you lose more than you win. What you were saying was you would want even more losses even if you got disconnected or removed right when you have found players.

Actually no, you get loses for getting removed, leaving a game, host disconnect, when the game freezes, when a laggy player lags out & disrupts the fluidity of a game just to list a few. They are too many ways for free loses in this game. I check my stat page and it shows how many 'quits' I have, if those didn't exist i'd be way over positive but again stats are irrelevant to me, I don't even check the leaderboards unless I add someone.

I said players who quit during the countdown to a game should be penalised with a loss.

Message 55 of 82 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

@Sitron

last question, do you know the price to remove ads?

You have to buy one of the unlocks to remove ads. I think the cheapest one is the Level 25 DLC.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 56 of 82 (261 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jul 10, 2013
@Sit

I never said anything was fair or unfair. I said that I personally don't mind taking a loss, if it will help someone else. It's a dang vidya game. If adding another 1 to the loss column will bring happiness to another person, I can personally justify the hell out of it for myself.

But, no. It's not fair. It's one of those life handing you lemons solutions tho.
Message 57 of 82 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Jul 10, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
@Sit

I never said anything was fair or unfair. I said that I personally don't mind taking a loss, if it will help someone else. It's a dang vidya game. If adding another 1 to the loss column will bring happiness to another person, I can personally justify the hell out of it for myself.

But, no. It's not fair. It's one of those life handing you lemons solutions tho.

I know you dont mind, but what about the others who do mind? Shouldn't ND make it so that it doesn't happen than make even more ways on how to get a free loss?

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 58 of 82 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10165 posts

Jul 11, 2013
I read tap's idea about patching XMB sign outs.

Now why isn't that happening? What reason could you possibly have for doing an XMB sign out on purpose?
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 59 of 82 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

If they patched that then people would just pull the ethernet cord instead.

Message 60 of 82 (208 Views)