Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: separate PTs and solo players

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

If they patched that then people would just pull the ethernet cord instead.

You do realize that pulling the cable all the time causes mechanical stress in the RJ-45 connector, don't you? Not to mention that most people prefer WiFi, so it wouldn't be possible in that case.

Turning on/off the console or ejecting/inserting the disc causes mechanical stress as well. If people want to risk breaking their console, it's their problem.

On the other hand, XMB sign out has no penalty whatsoever in the mechanical parts of the console. How is this balanced? There needs to be a drawback.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 61 of 82 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 11, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I read tap's idea about patching XMB sign outs.

Now why isn't that happening? What reason could you possibly have for doing an XMB sign out on purpose?

It took them 7 years to implement a trophy pop up notication on/off toggle.

Need I say more?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 62 of 82 (255 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jul 11, 2013
@Sit

I agree that it isn't fair. It's dumb. I'll admit, when I run into a big party who all have 100,000 kills and 15,000 deaths, and I have no clue what foreign language they're speaking, it can be a little discouraging. But I tough it out anyway. Sometimes they win, but sometimes they don't. I think most people who hate po5's so much lose against them before the match even begins.
Message 63 of 82 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10156 posts

Jul 11, 2013
@tap I guess I shouldn't expect too much on a console with free MP. Oh well. At least it's free.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 64 of 82 (232 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
234 posts

Jul 11, 2013
_ Fender_335 wrote:
"when are you going to prepare the matching for separating PTs and solo players? It's amazing that ND has been ignoring the voice of players."
------------------------------ 
 The fact that you think ND cares about how we feel is hilarious to me. LOL. Especially on Uncharted.
Message 65 of 82 (230 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jul 11, 2013

Sitrongr wrote:

nationm04 wrote:
@Sit

I never said anything was fair or unfair. I said that I personally don't mind taking a loss, if it will help someone else. It's a dang vidya game. If adding another 1 to the loss column will bring happiness to another person, I can personally justify the hell out of it for myself.

But, no. It's not fair. It's one of those life handing you lemons solutions tho.

I know you dont mind, but what about the others who do mind? Shouldn't ND make it so that it doesn't happen than make even more ways on how to get a free loss?

No one really cares about wins and losses. Half the time you get stuck with braindead F2P players so even if you own, your team might bring you down. Everyone is used to losses more than wins unless you're always playing with a PO5. It wouldn't matter if whatever one of you suggested was to come into play and cause more losses. Even if you're good you can still lose so the win/loss thing is pointless.

Bang Bang!

Message 66 of 82 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
@Sit

I agree that it isn't fair. It's dumb. I'll admit, when I run into a big party who all have 100,000 kills and 15,000 deaths, and I have no clue what foreign language they're speaking, it can be a little discouraging. But I tough it out anyway. Sometimes they win, but sometimes they don't. I think most people who hate po5's so much lose against them before the match even begins.

Half the time it's either laggy Brazilians, Puerto Ricans, Panamanians, Chileans or Peruvians if they're laggy. If they're not then it's usually the Italians (#ShoutOut) or Spaniards. I believe I'm the only person of a Greek-Cypriot background who's ever touched Uncharted, let alone be good at it.

Back to the main point, whenever I see a PO5 and they're speaking Spanish, which I can tell somehow even though I can't speak the goddamn confusing language, I leave because as soon as I kill the laggy, tagteaming, power weapon spamming, RoF noobs they'll start calling me a **** since it's their favourite word. I've actually sent messages to Spaniards to ask them to stop calling me that word all the time since it's really annoying. It comes out of their mouth like every two seconds.

If they're a **** of Americans and have an annoying accent (Texas Cowboy (Sorry Silver :smileytongue:), Laidback Louisiana) and they can breach my mute button and call me a **** every two seconds then I leave. If I want to be insulted, I'll go to the CoD forums, make a thread called 'CoD sucks, Uncharted rules' and let the insults flow free.

Edit: language

U--J

Bang Bang!

Message 67 of 82 (207 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 11, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I believe I'm the only person of a Greek-Cypriot background who's ever touched Uncharted, let alone be good at it.

LOL, I have a couple of Greek-Cypriots in my FL. Μιλάς ελληνικά; :smileytongue:

Message 68 of 82 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jul 11, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I believe I'm the only person of a Greek-Cypriot background who's ever touched Uncharted, let alone be good at it.

Lol, if only I could speak the language :smileytongue:

It's so confusing to me so I never learnt!

But looks like we've found proof that there are Greek-Cypriots playing Uncharted. Whooooo! :smileytongue:

And I didn't know you could speak Greek :smileysurprised:

Bang Bang!

Message 69 of 82 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jul 11, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Lol, if only I could speak the language :smileytongue:

It's so confusing to me so I never learnt!

But looks like we've found proof that there are Greek-Cypriots playing Uncharted. Whooooo! :smileytongue:

And I didn't know you could speak Greek :smileysurprised:

Bang Bang!

Message 70 of 82 (179 Views)
0 Likes