Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 07 2013
By: B-T-R-4 Hekseville Citizen 327 posts
Accepted Solution

somethings wrong with bargain.

25 replies 437 views Edited Nov 7, 2013

for some reason it only gos up to level to now, does anyone know why?

Google+ Facebook Twitter
This is one of the best videos ever, watch it
"I've got the disguise and my pants are on backwards. Nobody will notice I graduated over a decade ago" - Player, "Retro city rampage."
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 26 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13336 posts

Re: somethings wrong with bargain.

Nov 7, 2013

It was changed because people could have Bargain in Slot 1 and 2.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 26 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

Nov 7, 2013

What Aure said. Yes, they're aware that some people actually can't have the double Bargain trick because not everyone uses bargain, but they can't reset the loadouts since the booster changes.

The only fix is to nerf the stackable boosters. If you're not stacked, tough luck homie.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 26 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Nov 7, 2013

So you are saying that people were able to use bargain in booster one and two and get 4 medal decrease? And the only way they could fix that was to make it that bargain can only level up to level 2? Really?!!!!!!??

Google+ Facebook Twitter
This is one of the best videos ever, watch it
"I've got the disguise and my pants are on backwards. Nobody will notice I graduated over a decade ago" - Player, "Retro city rampage."
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 26 (392 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

Nov 7, 2013

B-T-R-4 wrote:

So you are saying that people were able to use bargain in booster one and two and get 4 medal decrease? And the only way they could fix that was to make it that bargain can only level up to level 2? Really?!!!!!!??

That's correct, my main man. That's what they say, you know.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 26 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Nov 7, 2013

I'm sure that they can reset everyone's loadouts. They just don't want to.

How do they reset the tournament weapons every week then? It doesn't just magically disappear, they must do something to reset our loadout/s.

Bang Bang!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 26 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

Nov 7, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I'm sure that they can reset everyone's loadouts. They just don't want to.

How do they reset the tournament weapons every week then? It doesn't just magically disappear, they must do something to reset our loadout/s.

It's a gun thing. You have to meet certain conditions to attain a gun. If you legacy, even if you have all weapons, you will get get back to AK or GMAL because you don't meet level requirements.

Booster requirements are one time only. Buy them once, and they're permanent, just like online passes.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 26 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11094 posts

Nov 7, 2013
Yeah, people could stack Bargain twice so they removed level 3. They shouldn't have touched the boosters in the 1st place...
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 26 (352 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2013

@xINESCAPABLEx... 

Don't want to or can't change/fix it...it's kind of immaterial at this point because ND has taken a position.  I believe them on resetting people's "saved" loadouts though.  What I present below is one possible scenario - I test software and have some programming background but not in the gaming world so I might be (probably am) off base but hopefully, my explanation makes some kind of sense and lays out what ND might be up against...

If the mechanism works the way I think, they could accept someone's saved loadout and then apply a "filter"...so for instance, my saved loadout applies but then my default loadout weapon (M9, in my case) gets changed to a Hammer...then it's game on and if I pick up something different, no problem...use the same game code as normal.  This would work for labs and special events where they want to change something specific but retain most of the settings in people's individual loadouts (as per their saved game data).

They could do the something similar with boosters but they'd likely have to add a bunch of verification code AND I have to wonder if the current implementation doesn't even make a distinction between Slots 1 and 2 - ND may not have seen the point since the original design divided the boosters between the two slots and there was no overlap.  The code may simply accept two booster "parameters" (no matter what they are) and move on (this is consistent with the stacking behaviour we're currently seeing).  From a software design standpoint, this is a fairly sound design decision (without getting into all the considerations here)...especially if you're confident in the measures taken to prevent hacking of game data.

BUT for boosters...there are all kinds of issues.  If the two booster parameters are currently passed without regards to which slots they're in (try to forget that they're separated in the interface...as far as the runtime code in the game is concerned, it may not make a distinction) , ND would first have to create code so that the booster info was now passed as identifying in which slot it's saved and code implemented to ensure that none of the 8 affected boosters was assigned to the "wrong" slot.  If there is a discrepancy, some kind of default would have to be assigned....more code.  Heck, while they're at it they could add code to ensure that none of the boosters (beyond the original 8) were duplicated in both slots.  ALL this probably entails a great deal of work but more importantly, ENORMOUS risk.

I understand (and accept) that ND can't (or won't) change it.  I tried to lay out a scenario that might "explain" the current predicament...suffice it to say, I don't think there is a programmatic solution (either technically or from ND's standpoint, practical).  Which is why I'd hoped that it wasn't too late to revert the change and limit the effects.

>EDIT...corrected a grammatical error.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 26 (340 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

Nov 7, 2013
Well, I wanted them to set it back to all default like legacying, but maybe it's not possible? I think someone said that somewhere, so I gave up.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 26 (334 Views)
0 Likes