Re: somethings wrong with bargain.

Nov 7, 2013
Message 11 of 26 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2419 posts

Nov 7, 2013
What would happen if they removed (or, a better word for it would be 'blocked') the stackable boosters from the game, then reintroduced them under a different file name? That would work, wouldn't it?

If they can't delete/block them, another way would be to nerf all these current boosters so they do absolutely nothing, and then reintroduce them under new names. Now that would work, from what I've been told, Bargain stackers now have two Bargain silvers, if it was impossible, they would have one at gold and the other at silver.

Either way it would mean everyone would have to level-up these boosters again, but that's better than nothing. And if anyone had a problem with that, ND could make them super easy to level-up for a week or so.
Pepsi
Message 12 of 26 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Nov 7, 2013

I suppose there’s any number of things that could be done but the bottom line is that I think ND believed this patch would put a final exclamation point on the life of UC3 and to a very great degree, I think they succeeded.  I just don’t think ND fixing it is in the cards.

It is just so very tragic that one thing “ruined” the patch and that it is something that no one seemed to have wanted and/or most of us don’t understand the rationale behind it….makes it that much more bitter.

I don’t want to sound like a fanboy or an apologist but I really feel for all the people at ND that worked on the patch because while some have debated some of the changes (throwback) there really is only one thing clearly wrong with this patch and the delivered so much.  It really is a crying shame.

I am very grateful for everything else that we got in the patch. 

Message 13 of 26 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Nov 7, 2013

@SjShane...

Yeah, I think something like that might work but it still involves risk and at this point, I don’t think it’s ENTIRELY about what’s possible but also about what’s practical for ND and their business….

Presumably, the second dev team has been working on something for some time and we will have an announcement in the coming months (I really hope it’s UC4).  And I’m guessing that the TLOU team has started on something now as well.  So as much as they might want to fix it and leave things on a positive note…it’s come down to a business decision and they really have no choice.

I don’t seem them actually fixing the issue.  It is tragic because there was SO much positive in this patch and as annoying as the booster change predicament is, I’m inclined to give them a pass and move on.  I had hoped they would revert the change but it’s been roughly two weeks now and I gather they can’t or won’t do that either.  Oh well.

Message 14 of 26 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2419 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2013
There's still many live updates on the way, they can do these easily since since it doesn't cost them and they don't have to wait for approval from Sony. I recently sent some glitches to MacGruber and he's already fixed them, and should be applied to the game next week, (he's epic and super quick at fixing out of map glitches, just so everyone knows).

So the question is, could a fix be possible with a live update? They can nerf them so them become useless (as seen with Bargain), but to my knowledge, a proper patch would be required for the boosters to be reintroduced, since they would technically be new boosters.

If 1.19 only reverted the slot changes, and did something to fix the stacking problem, I think a lot of people wouldn't mind if they never updated the game again, personally I still want a few things like my old Tau, a few balance tweaks and technical fixes, but I think the majority would be happy with the game, and that's what matters.

ND needs to know this booster problem won't blow over, 1.18 will still be remembered as a good patch, but with one huge flaw. It needs, yes, NEEDS, to be fixed. Another patch is required, and the sooner the better.
Pepsi
Message 15 of 26 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Nov 7, 2013

@SjShane...

I agree with your overall assessment and like you, I hope ND reconsiders their “final word”…a fix would definitely be better than just reverting the booster slot changes.

Message 16 of 26 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Nov 7, 2013

Smiley Happyhay guys thanks for all the info.

Google+ Facebook Twitter
This is one of the best videos ever, watch it
"I've got the disguise and my pants are on backwards. Nobody will notice I graduated over a decade ago" - Player, "Retro city rampage."
Message 17 of 26 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Nov 13, 2013

lol bargain is normal for me again.

Google+ Facebook Twitter
"I've got the disguise and my pants are on backwards. Nobody will notice I graduated over a decade ago" - Player, "Retro city rampage."
Message 18 of 26 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Nov 14, 2013

B-T-R-4 wrote:

lol u're a haxer.

Do you feel me?

Message 19 of 26 (237 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Nov 14, 2013

duke_of_platypus wrote:

B-T-R-4 wrote:

lol u're a haxer.

no really it just started being normal again.

Google+ Facebook Twitter
Message 20 of 26 (223 Views)
0 Likes